• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inoue211 said:
If Guts fights anybody, and is able to fight/survive attacks from them. He scales, whether he uses tactics or not does not matter as long as he does what I stated prior. Also I believe I made a misconception on the Dragon Slayer negating durability via harming the astral body, it does not. As objects too have astral bodies and Guts in the manga has never cut through them with ease. It just helps him against intangible/incorporeal and enemies which can regenerate.

So, any idea how long the fight lasted? If I use 90 seconds from the vid, SK and Zodd will go down to Town level.

Half a day, an hour, a few minutes, give me anything. Did it grow dark when they finished fighting?

Try asking a calculation member about this, but I don't think neither Skull Knight or Zodd was inside the tornado. To be honest, it's not even a proper tornado to begin with really. More of a portal to the deeper astral realms.

The Manga/Movie show Skull Knight emerging from inside the tornado unscathed though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0mEIpu3bxw

And since, Rickert is obviously being physically affected by the tornado, and it's directly called 'tornado' by the author, likely with the express intention for readers to interpret it as such, I think it can be considered a variant of tornado for the purpose of this calc. Just in my opinion.

That is, unless, supernatural tornadoes by default are considered weaker than mundane tornadoes.

Yes I will probably ask a calc member, but want I am looking for at the moment is the time frame that any calc member I will talk to about this will have to be told anyway. Skull Knight began fighting Zodd in Chapter 80 and emerged from the portal in Chapter 90, but I don't know how much time passed and how much of that was spent in contact with the tornado.

Well, aside from this I don't know what else we could use to scale SK and Zodd's durability. A tornado that has enough energy to destroy a large town (say, that tornado obviously has enough visible power to smash a path through any street, any building, most any city blocks, etc) is the closest one we can compare to physical phenomenon other than that kinetic energy from Shiva stomp we are using currently.

Don't use the movie for anything regarding Berserk, stick to the manga exclusivley (and use Dark Horse translations too.)

And, hmm that's kind of interesting. In the manga Rickert refers to the gate as a whirlwind.

Ok. However, the 'whirlwind' has a physical effect on people that seems mostly consistent with tornadoes. Anyway I will try to get better images for it; I just brought up the movie scene because it had a very good frame for getting the diameter calc.

I see. And hurricanes actually have a low energy density. Tornadoes are 6 times that, the difference is that they are much smaller.

http://zidbits.com/2011/08/how-much-energy-does-a-tornado-have/

Because of their extreme, unrivaled energy density, tornadoes are the most powerful force in nature for their size. The energy density of a tornado is 6 times that of a hurricane.

If we take the Daily Mail article seriously, and the Oklahoma tornado lasted 40 minutes, it released 3.75 kilotons of energy per second. That's Small Town level, in two seconds it would be Town level, in half a minute Large Town...

Though, I don't know if Durability considers how long the combatants were exposed to the tornado.

A Small Town level durability person would be ripped apart by the Oklahoma tornado in under a second, but City level/actual city would last much longer. Do we usually take this into account?

And the 1e14 joule calc is also for 1 second of the hurricane too, so it is small (23 kilotons Town level per second).

We should go with this, seems more official to me. And did Skull Knight dive into the gate or was it something along the lines of like teleportation?

Yes. However, that's for a hurricane, which has lower energy density than tornadoes. I only brought the other article to check how much denser a tornado would be.

I don't know yet about the manner in which Skull Knight dove into the gate. He was still fighting Zodd when the scene cut to Casca's FOV.

I'm afraid I don't have the Dark Horse translation... I'm reading it in another language. Maybe someone can check this if he has the DH version.

Downgrade Skull Knight, scaling his AP to the space cutting sword is nonsensical and does not work. He never even really physically fought Ganishka's Shiva form either.

I agree with AMM's proposition, I find it also preposterous that skull knight is tiered that high because his sword is able to bypass durability.

It seems like we are following AMM's suggestion.

I will temporarily unlock Guts' page. Tell me here when you are finished with the edits.

I can do the upgrade, but i need to know what forms of guts are large town level, the justification of the current tier of the characters and if it will effect Griffith tier.

Dark649 said:
I can do the upgrade, but i need to know what forms of guts are large town level, the justification of the current tier of the characters and if it will effect Griffith tier.
u will prolly find it up in the thread

something about zodd vs SK making a whirlwind

Not making a whirlwind but the Durability of withstanding the said whirlwind by equating it to the energy of a natural tornado. If they fought for 90 seconds along its edge then it's around Large Town level. No precise calc has yet been made though, unless we use the Movie feat where SK entered it and exited it on foot (which so far seems to be considered non-Canon).

They then scale to their AP to hurt each other through the Durability.

hmmm keep in mind that the dura will be based on the amount of energy bloacked/sustained is based on energy recieved for ssurface area of the body

not the whole storm

unless they created the storm itself

Nobody should be 7-C, Skull Knight can be At least 8-A likely higher though. While both Guts and Zodd remain at least 8-A

Okay. Do you wish to perform the changes AMM?

@RadicalMrR Please wait until the discussion is definitely finished.

Should we have Skullknight as something like, "Unknown, 8-A with Hax" since it appears he doesn't really use anything but his sword.

@rad hmmmmmm what did we have skull knight before city level, also we should add a "at least" to his 8-A since we don't know how strong he actually is.

RadicalMrR said:
Should we have Skullknight as something like, "Unknown, 8-A with Hax" since it appears he doesn't really use anything but his sword.

No, Skull Knight even before he used his dura negating sword has shown to be superior to both Zodd & Guts. So It's "At least 8-A likely higher"

@AMM Okay. Feel free to perform appropriate changes to the Berserk profiles.

Wait a minute. Who performed the upgrades? There was no confirmation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back