• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berkely Cardinal

So... icarus is the highest level of infinity, while 0 equals 1 is the highest axiom via virtue of making everything worth the same???

The icarus set is a paradoxical cardinal/axiom , both 0=1 and Icarus fall under Rank-into-Rank but Icarus can cause the shattering of really anything, it's denoted by Vλ+2 − L(Vλ+1), which is nearly the equivalent of saying Ω = ∅. Sounds psuedo, but it's true, also λ is the symbol for wave(functions) in math so any wave function would scale below it. (And quantum mechanics form the Von Neumann Hierarchy soo...) So it'd actually be > 0=1.

0=1 is a statement that would make everything follow it by default yes, honestly math gets way too confusing because then you have the Idea of Ultimate V=L which is supposed to unify all infinite theories but accordingly is lower than Icarus in its purest essence.

Question: Would the dimensioned space of the Cthulhu Mythos count as a Tegmark 4 multiverse? I mean, it's infinite universes with infinite dimensions, all of which are mathematically understandable. If not, where would it fall on the Tegmark scale, if at all?
infinite doesn't mean all the universes

Damn this is here well berkeley is bassically just bigger 0=1 cardinal, pretty sure this is the biggest cardinal we have at the moment in strength consistency.

(Wikipedia go brr.)

Also disregarding cantors absolute infinite since that is bulls- nvm that.

Berkeley in simple terms is just a bigger/stronger 0=1 type of cardinal (reinhardt) which is indeed "big" but it can probably go even bigger in the future or so though in all actuallities berkeley is pretty much the biggest cardinal we have right now, excluding and disregarding cantors absolute infinite.

(I refuse to believe icarus is bigger because of certain things, mainly because of strength consistency though.)

Last edited:
(Icarus is a axiom used in rank-into-rank and 0=1 falls into reinhardt cardinal if im not wrong.)
Although Rank-into-Rank and maybe even Wholeness Axiom is kinda already 0=1 theorem as well

This should be about right.

(Atleast from my opinion and from what i know.)

Edit:Anyways im gonna try and answer the main question of the thread "does it break the tiering system and i heard it can break math because it is so big" Yes it indeed does break math and the tiering system in a sense that it is way to big and paradoxical for logical math equations and axioms.

it is even stronger than icarus set.

(Which is supposed to break down anything with cataphysics since it is pretty much the pure essence of cataphysics and cataphysics is the defiance of all nature if im not wrong.)

Berkeley>Rank-into-Rank.

Last edited:
infinite doesn't mean all the universes
I'm guessing you're referring to set theory, with sets containing countable infinite and uncountable infinite sets mean there are "more," or rather bigger, infinities? Lovecraft's fiction is kind of all about the unquantifiable vastness of creation, and he clearly meant for it to be big as conceivably (emphasis on that word) possible. Lovecraft meant for it to be all possible universes. And realms beyond them, like the Dreamlands, which are kind of impossible universes, or the Ultimate Void Yog-Sothoth (Supreme Archetype) resides in which is beyond the difference between possible and impossible.

I'm guessing you're referring to set theory, with sets containing countable infinite and uncountable infinite sets mean there are "more," or rather bigger, infinities? Lovecraft's fiction is kind of all about the unquantifiable vastness of creation, and he clearly meant for it to be big as conceivably (emphasis on that word) possible. Lovecraft meant for it to be all possible universes. And realms beyond them, like the Dreamlands, which are kind of impossible universes, or the Ultimate Void Yog-Sothoth (Supreme Archetype) resides in which is beyond the difference between possible and impossible.
still doesn't state its all mathematically possible universes, just all possible universes which is a multiple-worlds theory, without the right context immpossible worlds doesn't really mean much since an immpossible world can be immpossible even if just one little aspect of it differs from the possible worlds, meaning it can still have other aspects that dont differ from the possible ones

still doesn't state its all mathematically possible universes, just all possible universes which is a multiple-worlds theory, without the right context immpossible worlds doesn't really mean much since an immpossible world can be immpossible even if just one little aspect of it differs from the possible worlds, meaning it can still have other aspects that dont differ from the possible ones
What are you looking for? (I need a recap)

Ya, no. Berkeley and Reinhardt Cardinal's are the known to be way above a 0=1 cardinal. But, if your talking about the most highest cardinality that's consistent with ZFC, then I agree.
I know that this thread is old but Reinhardt and Barkeley cardinals are absolutely not bigger than 0=1.

Back