• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Belldandy massive additions (Ah! My Goddess revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
I can finally take this skeleton out of my closet and bury it. This was long overdue, partly due to my laziness and partly due to life. Belldandy's profile is in such a massivly bad state that i can't even fathom how her profile dodged the delete axe, with 0 supporters touching it since kingdom fall. But today, i shall change that!

Here is the profile in question: Belldandy
And here are my proposed additions: uwu

Before we start, some meta information regarding the scans. Ah! My Goddess was solely written and drawn by its sole author Fujishima-Sensei, the series had a runtime of give or take, 20 years. The artstyle will massively differ throughout scans but trust me on this: Its the same series, written and drawn by the same author (Or you can read chapter 1, 100, 200 and 300 yourself if you dont trust me~) Another thing that will definitly spark confusion: The reading direction will differ in some scans. Ah! My Goddess was serialised in America, but Dark Horse comics, under Fujishima-Senseis wish, had skipped a big chunk of the earlier chapters (At least this is the story i remember), so some chapters are from an era, where localization used to westernize mangas. So just read the scans from both directions, just to make sure.

Bear in mind then analyzing/debating the legitemacy of the proposed abilities, that Ah! My Goddess is a slice of lice romance series first and foremost. The series will be inconsistent through that. Funnily enough, the inconstincys are less contradiction happening throughout the series but rather Araki forgot moments, concepts that are mentioned once in detail will never come back, or are just briefly mentioned in the passing. So if you see only singular scans used, it means that the ability never came up again, mostly because nearly all of Belldandys spells throughout the series are Deus Ex Machinas, conviently perfect to solve the issue at hand. Again, its not that Belldandy having those abilities is contradicted in the series, its that author plain forgets that he gave her those.

I will answer questions regarding context in this wiki, as all those additions are self explanatory in my opinion

But because of that, if the staff deems abilities inappropiate, i will not debate them on that. My blog is a scan array first and foremost, i dont want to be considered a authority on Ah! My Goddess. My wish is just for anyone evaluating my blog to be openminded and not too strict on the series. Thank you very much.

Ps: i will not do the additions, as i lack time and energy to do so. Thanks in advance to the person who will take that task.

This seemed fine to me when I checked through your blog earlier.

Should I ask some other staff members to take a look as well?

If you don't mind First Witch,.....could you provide a scan for the statement/feat supporting Belldandy's tier? Ah My Goddess is quite obscure to the western audience and with 5-B being a relatively high tier, a little more info could help.

Thank you. Should this be applied now or should we wait for some more input first?

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

Wish every CRT was this simple. Yeah, everything is fine though better reasoning for the physical stats would be nice. "Destroy anything they hit" is pretty weak reasoning for Planet level.

"Destroy anything they hit" is pretty weak reasoning for Planet level.
To clarifiy, Slyums deal is that her punches are more destructive than your average spell in Ah! My Goddess. She can oneshot forcefields that would otherwise no sell attack spells. I have provided scans of planet level AMG towards Dino Ranger Black, it was in a past AP downgrade i did for the series. The point about Slyum was simply reasoning for planet level striking power, not pure AP.

That would be fine, but this scan you provided was pretty specific that she needed to remove her restraints in order to unleash her full power that would destroy a planet, which does indicate that her average spells don't poses that level of strength. Why would this scale to her normal attack spells then?

Because the arc in which Slyum appeared was high stake conflict arc and because Slyum is within the top 10 of the Demon World. Demons are compareable to Goddesses but do not possess a power limiting system.

A maybe more convincing argument would be that Slyum is within the top 10 demons with her fists only, where people fling magic around nilly willy. Its her whole shtick as explained with her power of her fists bringing "Destruction" to everything

If there's enough evidence to suggest that the top 10 demons are comparable with unrestricted goddesses it should be fine then.

No outright confirmation, but it is pretty obvious. Both Goddesses and Demons were at war with each other to the point where they had to hostage each other to prevent further blood spilling in form of the doublet system (a God and Demon are linked with each other and whenever one of them dies, the other dies too), it is a pretty big theme in the series too, where it is questioned how Demons and Gods differ exactly, who even share the same physiology in form of their true nature.

The final arc was a "World can end if we dont stop it" type of thing, Belldandy had no reason to hold back.

1 Think i like to bring up as well is that both Urd and Skuld, Belldandys big and little sister respectivly, were baffled and scared about how Slyum casually oneshotted the barrier of a first class goddess. Both know the full extend of Belldandys power, with Urd even being the actual stronger of the 2 (In terms of raw magic)

Here is the scene in question

Last edited:
Great, i think this can be added then. Thank you everyone for reading and signing this off and especially towards the one who will add all that. We see us next month.
Maybe.

I am afraid that you will likely have to make the updates to the profile page yourself.

Sorry chief but i can't. Gotta have to worry about my upcoming exams you know. And im way too rusty and uncomftable with our current source editors. I went through great lengths to cite everything with scans, everyone willing enough can do the changes without me. If thats impossible than you gotta wait till late march, when im done with my exams.

Okay. I am too overworked to edit pages. Is somebody else willing to handle it, or should we wait for First Witch to get some free time?

I think we should let Free Witch handle it when she has the time. She's clearly more qualified than any of us with the way she rightfully point the error of Belldandy's former tier and the multiple abilities that qualified and didn't.

I think we should let Free Witch handle it when she has the time. She's clearly more qualified than any of us with the way she rightfully point the error of Belldandy's former tier and the multiple abilities that qualified and didn't.
Nitpick, im a guy~

I see what i can do

Thank you very much for helping out. I appreciate it.

Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back