• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BelgarathTier

Belgarath the sorcerer is one of the most important characters in the Belgariad and considered to be overall the most powerful sorcerer in the series. I am relatively new and I wanted to get the opinion of the experts before I really started to scale him, some of belgaraths more notable feets are

Throwing a hammer into space

Being stated to be capable of blocking out the sun.

Making the Illusion of the sun rising.

Sending one of the most powerful sorcerers alive Belzader so deep into the earth that he could physically not go below without risking being burned alive and trapping the Sorcerer theirs.

Handling the full force of Polgaras power(Another extremely powerful Sorceress) Right after fighting Belzader.

And being able to change the weather on the planet on a massive scale.

Btw: I think that Beldin might have been stronger than Belgarath, but I am not sure. His wife definitely was.

He also transformed into a full size demon lord once.

Beldin scales much more so to polgara

as shown here he and polgara both summoned a gust of wind roughly the same size.

Polgara passed out but beldin did not,however he was still heavily exhusted. as shown here:

"Polgara's face twisted into an agony of concentration, and then she half slumped as she and Beldin unleashed their combined wills at the rolling sky. The struggle which ensued then was a silent one. Polgara and Beldin, their hands joined together, gathered in their wills and then reached out with them, probing, searching for some weakness in the mass of deadcalm air that imprisoned the thickening fog along the banks of the river." The result of this is polgara going into a temporary comma "Polgara, her face drained deathly white, slowly toppling to the earth."

Beldin explaines that he is stronger than polgara

" "But how is it that she collapsed and you didn't?" Ce'Nedra protested.

"I'm stronger than she is," Beldin replied,"

Furthermore he took the full brunt of Polgaras will right after deafting zedar as shown down here: "As if finally driven past all hope of sanity, he struggled to his feet, dragging Zedar up with him. Holding the Apostate by the throat with one hand, he began to rain blows on him with the other. Then, between one blow and the next, he swung his arm down and pointed at the stones beneath their feet. With a dreadful grinding, a great crack appeared, zigzagging across the floor. The rocks shrieked in protest as the crack widened. Still struggling, the two men toppled and fell into the yawning fissure. The earth seemed to shudder. With a terrible sound, the crack ground shut.From infinitely far beneath there was a sullen detonation, and then another. Even in the bowels of the earth, the deadly struggle continued.Then, even as Silk desperately tried to arouse either Garion or Polgara to action, the stones of the floor buckled upward, and Belgarath rose from the earth."

He managed to tank polgaras full power casually

"In a last effort, she flung the whole force of her mind against the barrier he had erected. Like some great rock, however, the old man remained firm."

i think its reasonball to say that he is more powerfull than beldin.

He also happens to be much more powerfull than sorcers like Chamdar as he says

"I was right on the verge of obliterating Chamdar with the sheer force of my Will. I think that the only thing that pulled me back from that fatal mistake was the fact that I wanted to kill that murderous Grolim with my bare hands."

Though I should mention that obliterating things with sorcery is not allowed by the universe and that the caster would get obliterated themselves however he implies that he is atleast capable of doing so.

Well, he likely just meant that he was going to blow Chamdar up or somesuch, not uncreate him.

I agree

I also want to bring up what I belive a important part of scaling him however its kind of diffcult to scale

In the third book Magcians Gambit

Belgarath gets into a 1 on 1 fight with Cthuik a other sorcerer the fight results in belgaraths victory but with some important implications mainly its effects on the terain.

The battle was taking place in Rak Cthol a mauntin city It was a highly walled fortress, built atop a half-mile high mountain using extensive slave labor (for over a thousand years) Anyway the mauntin actually gets crumbled and destroyed by Belgarath and Cthuik fighting.

Its also really fair to mention that Belgarath went into a coma after the fight and that there was a chance he would loose his power forever becuse he overexerted himself this tells us that belgarath is only slightly stronger than Cthuik. Wich means Cthuik scales to Belgarath himself wich is really nice to know.

I just dont really now how we could scale the destruction of the mauntin since he did not destroy it directly just cracked it.

Ps:Im not American so my english needs work please excuse me.

I have to however whole hardly disagree in his wife being more powerfull then him.

His wife Poledra has a lot of mental powers given to her by the Propecy and Varius but her she dosent really have any massive power feats without the assitance of gods (Literally gods im talking Aldur and Ul) Her usage of the will and the word is very limited and she hasent shown to acomplsih very much at all with it.In fact im willing to argue that polgara is stronger than her, I must ask why you belive poledra to be stronger than Belgarath.?

Because she was able to weaken a demon lord sufficiently so that the others could defeat him together.

I agree that Chtuchik should scale from Belgarath.

Ok finnaly got a blatent power statement that belgarath scales from we have already agreed that he is stronger than Polgara and Beldin a character that belgarath has stated to be smarter than him said this about polgara

"Just try to make sure she's not in the vicinity of anything breakable when she gets the note." Beldin laughed. "Like large cities and mountain ranges. I heard what happened when she got the last note you left."" so belgarath is scalable of this so forgive for asking but what should I do with this feat?

It isn't a feat. We don't know if Beldin meant it literally, as they have no feats remotely of this level as far as I am aware.

Ok well how about this other qhote from beldin Polgara almot died here he had no reson to be joking

"She's exhausted," Beldin snapped. "Isn't that obvious?"

"Just from raising a breeze? I've seen her do things that looked a lot harder."

"You don't have the faintest idea of what you're talking about, blacksmith," Beldin growled. The hunchbacked sorcerer was himself pale and shaking. "When you start tampering with the weather, you're putting your hands on the most powerful forces in the world. I'd rather try to stop a tide or uproot a mountain than stir up a breeze in dead air."

"The Grolims brought in that storm," Durnik said.

"The air was already moving. Dead-calm air is altogether different. Do you have the remotest idea of how much air you've got to move to stir even the faintest breath of air? Do you know what kind of pressures are involved - how much all that air weighs?"

"Air doesn't weigh anything," Ce'Nedra protested.

"Really?" Beldin replied with heavy sarcasm. "I'm so glad you told me. Would the two of you shut up and let me get my breath?"

This was after they together summoned a breeze judging from beldins qhtote that he would rather uproot a mauntin than do what he just did.

Belgarath in other books has been shown to be able to control the weather as well after Garion mest up the weather causing a minor ice age.Belgarath showed up and fixed the problom.

Whats your opinion on this?

This could be useful for calculations. Is there information about how large the storm that they created was?

Wait so is the statement

"I'd rather try to stop a tide or uproot a mountain than stir up a breeze in dead air."

not apllicabalbe for scaling?

Maybe, but it needs to be estimated via calculations first.

See here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2975637

The storm description you asked for

The clouds shuddered, almost seeming to flinch as the full force of Belgarion's will smote them. A sizzling bolt of lightning as thick as the trunk of a mighty tree crashed to earth with a deafening thunderclap that shook the ground for miles in every direction. A great, smoking hole appeared in the turf where the bolt had struck. Again and again Garion called down the lightning. The noise of thunder ripped and rolled through the air, and the reek of burning sod and singed earth hung like a cloud over the suddenly terrified armies. Then a great, howling gale struck; at the same time, the clouds ripped open to inundate the opposing forces in a deluge so intense that many knights were actually hurled from their saddles by the impact. Even as the gale shrieked and the driving downpour struck them, flickering bolts of lightning continued to stagger across the field which separated them, sizzling dreadfully and filling the air with steam and smoke. To cross that field was unthinkable.

This storm apperently caused the weather to get all jacked up and belgarath had to stop it personally to prevent the ice age to happen.

"We aren't talking about your motives, Garion. We're talking about your methods. What possessed you to use a thunderstorm?" "It seemed like the best way to get their attention." "You couldn't think of anything else?" "They were already charging, Grandfather. I didn't have a lot of time to consider alternatives." "Haven't I told you again and again that we don't tamper with the weather?" "Well -it was sort of an emergency." "If you thought that was an emergency, you should have seen the blizzard you touched off in the Vale with your foolishness -and the hurricanes it spawned in the Sea of the East- not to mention the droughts and tornadoes you kicked up all over the world. Don't you have any sense of responsibility at all?"

This is belgaraths response

He acomplsihed the same feat before as shown here

"That would have been a great comfort to the millions of people you very nearly entombed in ice," Belgarath retorted with a vast sarcasm. "Don't ever do that again! Don't even think about putting your hands on something until you're absolutely certain you know everything there is to know about it. Even then, it's best not to gamble."

"But -but- you called down the rainstorm in the Wood of the Dryads," Garion pointed out defensively. "I knew what I was doing," Belgarath almost screamed. "There was no danger there." With an enormous effort, the old man got control of himself. "Don't ever touch the weather again, Garion -not until you've had at least a thousand years of study."

Oh and I have a slight inquery about all the sorcerers powers that bare mentioning

as shown in this qhote

"Only when you create things," the old man replied. "That force has to come from within us. For anything else, we borrow. We gather up a little power from here and there and put it all together and then turn it loose all at one spot. Nobody's big enough to carry around the kind of force it would take to do even the simplest sort of thing."

The energy requried to make things come completely from the sorcerer, for everything else they gather the power from their surroundings. Its important to mention that the Belgariads magic system fallows the laws of physicks as stated by belgarath.For example when garion once lifted a boulder he got pushed through the ground he was standing.So if Sorcery fallows physicks would it be a stretch to apply E = mc2

to the system? If so than I thinks its important to mention that belgarath has created swords from midair and Durnik one of the weakest sorcerers in the series has made entire acres of fencing.

If we use the formula for E = mc2 and apply it to Belgaraths sword feat,asumming that the sword is the standerd Ereupean longsword wich considering the desighn of irongrips sword is to me not a strech. The weight of the standard Ereupean longsword is 2.2 to 3.3 lbs aswoming that the sword is the lowest of the weights (2.2 lbs) than the Energy yield of the feat would be acording to this calculator (https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/emc2) 89687068146 MegaJules

Wich is according to this converter (
https://www.google.com.mx/search?ei...1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0j0i10.SgeQ7YpZ8Ag) 21435723.7 tons of tnt .

'That is correct me if im wrong more tons of tnt than in a 'atomic bomb.

Opinions?

Oh and here is the sword feat

"The fact that Torak had struck my Master, however, brought flames into my brain. I threw off my cloak, bent my will into the air before me, and forged a sword with a single word. I seized the sword and leapt to the window."

Excerpt From: Belgarath the Sorcerer. "Eddings, David." iBooks.

Well, again, we need proper calculation blogs for this. You can ask in the thread links below (in which you can link to this one so they can see the quotes), and tell them that "Antvasima said that he would appreciate the help":

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2975637

Ok got my calc done

Calc for creation feat

So it came out at city level

Once again I wish to bring to thought that the belgariad verse dose follow laws of physicks and it has been stated by belgarath that the energy for creating things come from the sorcerer I think it could be used

but your opinions?

I am uncertain. It seems safer to use the weather manipulation feats.

I see so should I just use the calc for the storm he dispersed

The storm feat I mentioned is listed on Belgarions page as Multi-City Block level and he was able to destory the storm so should I just use that and mention the creation feat?

Back