• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus Vs. Thanos. (4-B to 3-A)

Round One: why? Beerus stomps

Round Two: Its hard, thanos has alot of hax but is extremely slow compared to beerus

Round Three( because to put 4B thanos without his 2C variations doesn't seem that right) Thanos Stomps

Round 1: lol what? Despite winning quite a lot against herald level beings (though mostly due to a lot of PIS and writer favoritism), Thanos severely lacks in the raw hax those characters usually possess. Unless he goes the telepathy route immediately (which he almost never does), he doesn't really have a snowball's chance in hell.

Round 2: By 3-A Thanos I assume you mean Thanos with/merged with a Cosmic Cube. If that's the case, Thanos flat out nullifies Beerus from ever existing.

@Azathoth: Really? Looks like i gotta recheck Thanos page again to see his abilities. I think that's what the guy meant on the OP. Thing is tho is that while Thanos is rated as a 3-A with a Cosmic Cube here, Beerus is currently only rated as at least High 3-B to possibly 3-A. Even then, Thanos does stomp Beerus in round 2.

So he's really slow, but his reaction speed(depending on where the hell it could be at) would allow him to keep up with Beerus, right?

Pretty much. Just think of it like this. When Thanos fights Silver Surfer, Thanos wouldn't be able to catch the Surfer were he to chase after him, but he can react fast enough to fight with and tag the Surfer when he gets close.

@Azathoth: I see. Well we definitely know that Beerus kills Thanos badly in round 1, am i not wrong on that? In round 2, i'm going to assume that it becomes the opposite.

Pretty much. Thanos doesn't really have a tendency to die, but that won't stop Beerus from (effortlessly) smacking him around until he's unconscious.

Round 2, Thanos could literally make it so that Beerus never existed. Because Cosmic Cube.

@DarkLK

I assume we're using Cosmic Cube Thanos (which he appears to have in his left hand, as well), but even Cosmic Cube Thanos should be >>> Beerus.

So how does this work, exactly? We know Beerus absoulutely takes round 1 since he could just keep hitting him til he falls(since general battles, unless stated otherwise, can be decided via incapitation, death, ko, etc.), but Thanos erases Beerus from existence in Round 2 with the CC.

Cosmic Cube Thanos should be >>> Beerus.

Yep

4-D warping with infinite power still >>> DB-verse

Battle of the Purple Powerhouses

Solos

@DarkLK: You gave me a laugh there, dude. But yeah from i've known about the CC and IG, Thanos just murks on Beerus and even Whis(even though he's not in here, it wouldn't have i think).

CrossverseCrisis said:
So how does this work, exactly? We know Beerus absoulutely takes round 1 since he could just keep hitting him til he falls(since general battles, unless stated otherwise, can be decided via incapitation, death, ko, etc.), but Thanos erases Beerus from existence in Round 2 with the CC.
I...don't know. Since it's a two round fight with an obvious winner each time, I don't see how it gets past a draw.

@DarkLK

This.

Though Al is disappointed with you not choosing her, instead.

Are there any noticeable differences between the power of a cosmic cube and the infinity guantlet? It's been a while since I've read any marvel comics.

well, since it would be technically be a spite thread from the giant diffrence in tiers for 4B Thanos vs 3A Beerus, it should just be 3A Beerus VS 3A Thanos.

Are there any noticeable differences between the power of a cosmic cube and the infinity guantlet?

IG is likely multi-universal (superior to multiple abstract beings at once)

Though Al is disappointed with you not choosing her, instead.

She's closer to pink, and there is villain battle.

There are contradictions regarding the Infinity Gauntlet. Originally regular Eternity could pose a challenge, but yes it likely was High Multi-Universal in scale.

However, Kurt Busiek's JLA/Avengers established that the Infinity Gems were strictly universal in scope, and then Jonathan Hickman followed up on that in his Fantastic Four run.

So, originally they were likely High 2-C, but currently they have been stated to be Low 2-C. There apparently isn't much coherence between Jim Starlin and Jonathan Hickman regarding the issue, but Hickman's version appears to be the current one.

Still, maybe we should change Cosmic Cube Thanos to Low 2-C, and Infinity Gauntlet Thanos to High 2-C? What do you think DarkLK?

I'm not sure about High 2-C, but 2-C is ok to me.

strictly universal

Universe in Marvel can include many sub-realms like Asgard etc.

But what about Thanos's speed? Does it change with the Infinity Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube or is it irrelevant? And what about his reaction speed?

Natse said:
But what about Thanos's speed? Does it change with the Infinity Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube or is it irrelevant? And what about his reaction speed?
With those two weapons, speed is pretty much a nonfactor. Without them, Thanos is typically subsonic in movement speed but MFTL+ in reaction speed.

So with those tools, his speed is infinite or immeasurable. Just asking since I can't edit the page myself.

Okay. I am just uncertain if we should place Cosmic Cube Thanos at 3-A or Low 2-C? He never really displayed any feats that remotely approached the universe-creating that cosmic cube entities were much later established to possess under other writers. In fact, on second thought, even 3-A seems to be stretching it. Maybe "Unknown" would be best?

Antvasima said:
Okay. I am just incertain if we should place Cosmic Cube Thanos at 3-A or Low 2-C? He never really displayed any feats that remotely approached the universe-creating that cosmic cube entities were much later established to possess under other writers.
Didn't he like...become the universe at one point when in possession of the cosmic cube?

I don't think that it was stated that he became one with all of the universe, just part of it. I think that the handbooks simply described him as a "cosmic wraith", but I may misremember.

Antvasima said:
I don't think that it was stated that he became one with all of the universe, just part of it. I think that the handbooks simply described him as a "cosmic wraith", but I may misremember.
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this was one of the instances I'm thinking of.

Okay. Keeping him at 3-A seems appropriate if he turned into all physical matter within the universe.

As for Thanos having MFTL+ reflexes: Not really. The heralds are officially listed as just having slightly superhuman movement speed, but far swifter than lightspeed flight. Most fiction does not seem to adhere to battleboard preconceptions about characters necessarily moving nearly as swiftly as they can fly. Even a supposedly peak human speed Captain America can avoid or block Thanos' attacks with his shield, and considering that this is consistent for all barely superhuman speed characters dealing with Thanos, in combination with listing him at their level, we cannot ignore it as PIS.

For one thing, Mephisto stated that he was greatly weakened at the time, and for the second, power-scaling doesn't work for Marvel comics, given that the power levels of different characters go up and down tremendously depending on the story and writer. Just because Mephisto has stalemated Galactus in another story does not remorely mean that we can scale Thanos to either of them.

@Antvasima

That's a problem with Thanos and the Heralds, though. While the Heralds are listed as only having slightly superhuman movement speed, they typically display far greater reactions while flying. It's not simply a battleboard idea that they should be able to react at these speeds, but also logical. Thanos, if I recall correctly, has been able to tag flying heralds in most of his encounters with them. However, yes, he is repeatedly matched by characters with only superhuman speeds. The problem being that Thanos is often used as both a cosmic and street level villain, meaning his levels are repeatedly adjusted to fit the role he is needed to play.

@J.J. Chambers

Wasn't Mephisto significantly weakened, though? It's not like the time Galactus actually fought Mephisto inside his own realm.

Again, characters necessarily being able to move as swiftly as they can fly is a battleboard idea.

Regardless that it seems logical, there are inherent problems with it, such as that perceptions working at that speed would cause anybody to feel like any trip throughout the universe would take billions of years in subjective terms, and most importantly, Marvel explicitly do not subscribe to the notion according to both the handbooks and Tom Brevoort.

Whether we like it or not, or it is logical or not, most fictions do not seem to subscribe to the idea. It is something that the battleboard communities came up with on their own.

I would much prefer if we started to gauge characters' movement speeds and flight speeds separately, depending on what they have demonstrated in practice.

Back