• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bear Hugger vs an Elephant

you mad lad.

Anyways, can't believe I'm typing this I'm sadly gonna have to side with the Elephant via AP and size.

Funnily enough, Elephant does beat him in Striking Strength, with an AP of 125,000+ Joules vs Bear Huggers 114,110+ Joules. However, Bear Hugger has class 25 LS, versus the Elephants Class 10, and their AP is pretty close.

Bear Huggers signature is the Bear Hug, in which he just grapples the opponent, but the Elephant is too big for that… but also with an LS like this, a solid hit could knock down the Elephant, and with that size it might have trouble getting up, especially since a quick google search tells me they can’t jump.

Hm.

Should point out punch out is supposed to have its lifting strength downgraded. The feat was from a punch and we don’t scale strikes to lifting strength. Though until that downgrade is fully made bear hugger still has that advantage.

Bear Huggers signature is the Bear Hug, in which he just grapples the opponent,
It's actually an Ear Clap, not a grapple.

Anyways, with your other points. I think Hugger might have a chance at winning. The Elephants AP comes from a full KE charge. Which I doubt it would do at the start since ramming itself against something that is close to being just as durable as it is likely gonna hurt at least a tiny bit. Even then the AP is very close and The Hugger of Bears has better LS. Hugger can also bully it on the ground with more punches, not letting it get up. I can see the Elephants size being a nuisance though.

This can go two ways, either Hugger wins after a SUPER close fight. Or Incon.

Does bear hugger have his squirrel besides the extra help it's a squirrel they makes high pitch sounds however I would not be surprised if the elephant figured out his ingame pattern.

Does bear hugger have his squirrel besides the extra help it's a squirrel they makes high pitch sounds however I would not be surprised if the elephant figured out his ingame pattern.
Aren’t Elephants scared of Rats, or is that a myth? And if they are, would they be scared of a Squirrel too?
The Elephants AP comes from a full KE charge.

About that. After more investigation, it turns out the Elephant also scales to a Rhino, which has an AP going up to 225,000 Joules. A lot more than the previously thought 115,000, but also presumably from a Full Charge.

I personally think the elephant breaking a stone wall (the feat on its profile) should be calculated. It looks like it would get good results. Also this fight heavily depends on whether Bear Hugger’s lifting strength gets downgraded or not.

Back