• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Swordsmen! Link vs Cloud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends. Which Link? A composite definitely wins via sheer attack potency, toughness, and intellect in comparison, but most individual Links get killed with only a little difficulty, with some exceptions.

Then my vote stands, Link wins. Yes, Cloud is faster and has more varied special attacks, but that's about it. Link can dish out anbd take far more damage via being Planetary to Cloud's Continental, is more intelligent (meaning he can devise a plan to help make up for his speed deficit), has more varied gear, can just make himself invincible (for several days on end, with a combination of Nayru's Love+Chateau Romani), and to top it all off, ScrewAttack made the point that Cloud's JENOVA cells could quite possibly be vulnerable to the Master Sword's holy magic. This means even more damage will be inflicted upon Cloud by that weapon, to the point where Link might simply one-shot him. The only feasible way for Cloud to really win is for him to land an instant-kill attack, but A: Limit Breaks take time to build, and B: That makes the assumption that The Triforce of Courage won't protect him from that sort of attack, at least to a degree.

Oh I know, Senshi, I watch DeathBattle all the time. Heck, I even do my own. Keep in mind, though, that ScrewAttack A: Doesn't run on nearly the same logic as us in terms of what they'll accept as feats and what they wont, B: Restricted both fighters in that fight, and C: Are quite possibly biased to some degree. Hence, why it's being done a seperate time here.

Well what's the scenario? Where does the fight take place? Would it be a Boss Room allowing Link to use items like the Giant's Mask and Fierce Deity's Mask? And are summons/healing items allowed or will it be done in Death Battle fashion with no outside help allowed? Lol you gotta set some ground rules here.

Cloud should take Link down even if this is Full Composite thanks to hax like Instant Death. Not exactly hampered by a massive speed advantage and Limit Breaks.

Link has so many methods of attaining invincibilty it's hilarious. Someone calced the 99999-rupee wallet to be capable of supplying him 42 days worth if used in combination with the Twilight Princess Magic Armor, that's just one example.

Not that that matters, of course, if they start out so close to one another that Cloud blitzes. ...question, does that FTL+ feat scale to Cloud's movement speed, too?

Define "invinciblity".

It should, since Bahamut Fury should have FTL+ reactions, since it knows where to stop during flight and get its bearings quickly.

Well, it's more invincibilty to conventional damage. If anything's stopping Instant Death from working on him, it would be The Triforce and it's reality-warping stuff, I'd imagine.

Well, question: Does Instant Death work on bosses? In this scenario I'm sure Link would be treated as a boss enemy, and if it doesn't then that part of anyone's arguement is out the window.

Plus if we're going with buffing items on Link, allowing him to fight at his best as well, then he'd get the Red Mail, and Red, Blue, and Green Rings which push his AP to 3X what's shown in the profile, and his natural Durability to 6X what's in the Profile. Along with the Mirror Shield, which has the same defensive ability and durability as the Hylian Shield, but also makes Magical/elemental/energy-based attacks a weapon for Link supplied by the enemy.

Cloud's planet level feats:

-Beating a planet buster

-Tanking planet-level attacks

-Being consistently shown as superior to someone who killed a planet-busting monster

Link's planet level feats:

-An attack animation from one non-canon game with a non-canon weapon that Link hardly ever uses in the first place

Tooough one. /sarcasm

Never mind that Link is FAR slower.

ZachariahB said:
Well, question: Does Instant Death work on bosses? In this scenario I'm sure Link would be treated as a boss enemy, and if it doesn't then that part of anyone's arguement is out the window.
Plus if we're going with buffing items on Link, allowing him to fight at his best as well, then he'd get the Red Mail, and Red, Blue, and Green Rings which push his AP to 3X what's shown in the profile, and his natural Durability to 6X what's in the Profile. Along with the Mirror Shield, which has the same defensive ability and durability as the Hylian Shield, but also makes Magical/elemental/energy-based attacks a weapon for Link supplied by the enemy.

Using this type of equipment stacking is a really bad thing to do, especially against RPG characters.

I calculated doing the same thing to Cloud can make his speed multiply by over 8.4*10^34 to show how ludicrous it is (I didn't use all options in that calc btw, I can still add speed from weapons, 4x slash, regular Haste, and some other things). https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/77996#31 Note that stacking Defence does something similar, and then there's the Shield spell.

Does Cloud get any buffs in KH, since we're using Hyrule Warriors? I'm assuming we're using Hyrule Warriors because that Gauntlets thing is the closest thing to a planet level feat Link has. Sure, he's planet level with the full Triforce, but who isn't? Besides, that's hardly standard equipment.

Also friendly reminder star level Link makes literally no sense.

Granted, Full Composite Link could fare pretty well against Cloud and could possibly win due to hax, even when at a speed disadvantage...

Which is completely nullified by Cloud getting buffed... again.

GG Link, GG.

Hallujah for y'all FF fans!

So with the buffs that Cloud had today, he wins this fight with Link then?

Cloud and the rest of the FFVII cast are legit Solar System Level now, look at the Ultimate Weapon's page and you'll understand. Then look at Sephiroth.

I guess if I want a spite match so badly I can always say Sephiroth vs. God Flowey...but their similarities are far less apparent.

WarriorWare said:
I guess if I want a spite match so badly I can always say Sephiroth vs. God Flowey...but their similarities are far less apparent.
Really? I thought Asriel pulled way more of a One-Winged Angel moment.

Well, there are some who would claim that Zero has all of the feats neccacary to fight equally with sephiroth. I am not sure, as I am sceptical of Gravity Beetle's black holes being literal black holes, but I can't really argue with it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back