• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Terra

Udlmaster

They/Them
Anub'Rios vs Shikai version of Roland

Anub'Rios extreme magic & Fate manipulation restricted.

Standard Battle Assumptions.

Speed Equalized.

Gotta say, if Roland has his Shikai here I think he takes it. Anub'Rios might be a bit more of a slippery banana in terms of strategic thinking than I'm giving him credit for, but Roland is pretty smart, too. While Anub'Rios has power on his side, and their speed is equal here, Roland has as much if not more stamina, range, and even basic mobility. I don't mean to toot my horn, but I think Roland wins this one. That's the way I see it, at least.

Does Roland have some form of resistence to Fate Manipulation? It's not insane Fate Manipulation, but it's fair and can swing the battle.

Well, he's surpassed a lot of what fate has dealt him, and has stopped I don't even know how many profecies, but as for straight up resistance to a manipulation of Fate, all he's got is his wit and the Precog of the Sharingan. Does that answer your question? I've never heard of fate manipulation before, that's pretty rad.

Quite, Fate manipulation is manipulating destiny, being able to control events or chance entire timelines to the ones you desire, an example could be controlling the fate of an insect so a Dog just happens to come by and eat it. It works like that.

Holy crap. Didn't you say his extreme magic is not allowed here? I mean, I think having fate manipulation basically makes this Ichigo vs Ywach, in which case Roland would one hundred percent need help to take this guy on.

Anub'Rios' extreme magic makes him higher end of 6-B. (Not quite High 6-B).

But if you need it resistricted, I don't see a problem.

Anub'Rios still has Curse Manipulation.

Alright, this makes it a bit more even. To be honest, this could really go either way, but my bet is on Roland winning. I feel like he's got the basics to pull it off. Bump this a couple times to see if anyone else wants to weigh in.

I guess Roland wins due to raw AP advantage since *apparently* he has the potential to physically oneshot (High 6-A in Shikai).

However depending on how Anub'Rios Curses, Fear and Illusion stuff works, it will by no means be an easy match.

His curses include: Pain Manipulation via Agony which can within seconds bring seasoned warriors like Varren to his knees, Siphon Life which saps the enemies life force and adds it to your own, the curses which includes Curse of Elementals (Makes one weaker to Elemental damage.), Curse of Tounges (Negates spell casting.), Curse of Weakness (Makes a person physically weaker.), Recklessness (Makes a person more likely to make a mistake.), Doom (Which deals a massive amount of Shadow/Void Damage once 1 minute has passed.), Exhausion (Lowers speed, Mana regen, Stamina regen etc.). Then there's some others like Drain Soul which tried to take the soul from a person, Unstable affliction which is a boosted Agony, Seed of Corruption which causes infected parts of the body to expload after a set amount of time, Corruption which does small amounts of Shadow/Void damage, Fear which just causes fear with diminishing returns, Haunt which sends a spirit to attack the persons soul, sapping their life force and returning it to the original caster, Shadowburn, a Fire attack that directly attacks the soul and a lot more.

For his illusion magic, he can create Illusions like Mirror entity which creates 3 more versions of himself that become semi-real and will fight for 1 minute, he can make people think they're in another world or warp the world around them, he can make himself invisible, trick most senses besides touch and any additional senses.

Because he has the Sharingan, Roland is highly resistant to illusions, as all he has to do is close the other eye. Roland's tolerance for pain is also nothing to sneeze at; he could keep conscious and even move to some degree while almost completely cut in half. Anything relating to mana or spellcasting is irrelevant here, because Roland has no magical abiities, but those things that effect his sould are tricky. Roland's power comes from his soul, specifically from his spiritual energy (called reiryoku, and the exertion of which is called spiritual pressure, or reiatsu). If Anub'Rios can manipulate and attack that energy source, Roland will have a very tricky time beating him. Though he isn't defenseless without it. He still has the Sharingan, as well as the Rokushiki.

Well, he does have the ability to attack the Soul itself and has the ability to spawn Fel and Void magic, Fel is an eternal flame which cannot be put out unless so by magic or it runs out of life force to absorb, and Void magic is the energy non-existence and the outer parts of reality.

Roland has taken damage to his soul before; for him taking that kind of damage is similar to taking physical damage because of how his soul actually behaves. It's like in Bleach; the characters don't actually have bodies most of the time they fight (other than Fullbringers, but no one cares about Fullbringers). Roland can manifest his abilities in his human form as well as his shinigami form, so he doesn't leave body (not that he even knows how). What I'm trying to say is that attacking his soul is akin to attacking his energy resource. Additionally, his Senketsu ability, while limited in uses, could counter it as well as the flames of Fel (unless they're immune to reflection).

Void magic sounds kinda vague, but I assume it's basically like an advanced and dangerous form of energy?

Back