• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m aware of the passive power null. Crushing him won’t exactly work, due to High-Godly Regeneration, and Cancel Physical Attacks, which is a resistance, not a power.

How exactly does Eanru get past Formhide? It’s a stealth so potent even the 360 passive magic sense cannot detect you, which takes in so much information that the brain overlords. Power null is not useful, considering the fact that it’s an Art, which is explicitly stated to be the fruit of physical labor.

They bear Arts, not Skills, and those are strictly the fruits of practice and effort. That’s what enables a human nation, or band of nations, to defeat such a threat.”
— Shuna, Vol.2

Similarly, Rimuru also has two types passive analytical prediction which is based on muscle movement & analysis (from his own sight), which basically allows him to see every possible attack.

His Regeneration is literally his physiology, are you saying he just nullifies his existence or something? Similarly along with Cancel Physical, it’s just his resistance.

And neither of them are magic-based, either.

Yes, that’s done through regeneration-negation, a subset of power nullification, but never exactly the latter itself. Does he have any feats of nullifying someone’s regeneration that’s an intrinsic part of their existence via blatant power null?

Again, neither of these are magic, too.

So, what makes Eanru higher ranking specifically? If we are equalizing Rimuru's supernatural stuff with his magicka, what decides he is higher ranked?

The power of his abilities? The complexity? The versatility? The laws making it up, or the ones granting the power?

I already agreed with you that they are not magic, read what I said.
Yet, you ignored this part:

Yes, that’s done through regeneration-negation, a subset of power nullification, but never exactly the latter itself. Does he have any feats of nullifying someone’s regeneration that’s an intrinsic part of their existence via blatant power null?

Not responding to an argument doesn’t exactly give the person any sense of closure. At this point I can say power null FRA isn’t a valid argument.

So, what makes Eanru higher ranking specifically? If we are equalizing Rimuru's supernatural stuff with his magicka, what decides he is higher ranked?

The power of his abilities? The complexity? The versatility? The laws making it up, or the ones granting the power?

Evey magician in verse is steeped in mystical laws, and being a magician necessitates resistances to magic, higher ranking is determined by who is more steeped in the mysteries, ie say Suimei fought the Magician King, well Suimei's abilities gets shut down, cause the Magician King is a being who has been alive for like centuries and has deeply researched mystical laws thus far more powerful.

Suimei was nerfed when he got isekai'ed cause the isekai world is governed by different laws than his own world, so he couldn't use his full capabilities, The Magician King however would have no problem, and is actually who taught Suimei how to get around being nerfed by the laws of different worlds.

Evey magician in verse is steeped in mystical laws, and being a magician necessitates resistances to magic, higher ranking is determined by who is more steeped in the mysteries, ie say Suimei fought the Magician King, well Suimei's abilities gets shut down, cause the Magician King is a being who has been alive for like centuries and has deeply researched mystical laws thus far more powerful.

Suimei was nerfed when he got isekai'ed cause the isekai world is governed by different laws than his own world, so he couldn't use his full capabilities, The Magician King however would have no problem, and is able who taught Suimei how to get around being nerfed by the laws of different worlds.
So, while I am not certain for Rimuru, someone could just theoretically resist this power by being more steeped on mysteries?

I wanna ask CP, can he nullify Rimuru’s resistances & high-godly, which are part of him and not magic? Since from it looks like this only works on magic or mystical stuff.

@Ricsi-viragosi Yes, but the thing is being steeped in mysteries isn't just someone who like researched a lot about the world or something, the body of magician is steeped in mystical laws hence they have adverse effects on anything that abides by physical laws ie when Suimei touches technology they break.

Magic in general is something that can be achieve if the correct methods are followed, a chant, gesture etc. The Elements are the law that govern the isekai world, the people in said world send their mana to the Elements which exist outside their world while also enveloping it, then get the Elements power, said power is also stated to be conceptual.

When someone creates fire for example, a person from the isekai world assumes the Elements are involved, however a magician can do it with various other different laws, this is the difference between a mage and a magician, mages use 1 law, magicians use multiple laws.

Anyway the mysteries/mystical laws being talked about here, are things which exists outside the world (in a 2-A realm) that control everything.

why is power null considered an instant win for eanru ?
power null needs feat of negating regeneration for it to work

No one has been reading the thread, partially why I hate FRA trains. No one has come up with a counter to Rimuru sneaking up on him and simply cutting off his head.

Things like Regeneration or Cancel Physical cannot prevent 2-A Law manipulation.
And who in this thread said that it could? Read the actual thread, I’m not sure who you think is making these claims, but they don’t exist.

Rimuru doesn’t need his abilities to act as a crutch (in response to Power Nullification), he has High-Godly & Cancel Physical, making crushing him pointless. So what are you FRA’ing?

What I'm trying to say is that after power null takes Rimuru's hax, nothing prevents 2-A Law manipulation from killing him. Things like Regeneration or Cancel Physical cannot prevent 2-A Law manipulation. I know there's no claim that it's going to stop it, but I'm saying that after null, what he's got left is not going to stop.

And, what law manipulation is used to kill him then? Because throwing that out means little without specifically saying how it's used. Hell, in-verse laws can be used to make elemental attacks from what I've been said, which would be absolutely useless against Rimuru.

pegasus said that his magic is tied to his law so his power null is also law based
no one said that his law can incap or kill rimuru

Pretty much, he can create plasma and other elemental attacks, crush things by glaring at them, and powernull magic.

The last is useful, but the former two lack any way to permanently put Rimuru down. Likewise, you can't incapacitate if you have to constantly apply the effect that would incap, so...

He lacks the stamina and the defensive abilities to stop Rimuru from just punching him to death.

Back