• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman vs. Kenshin Himura

Everything I look up indicates Pre-Crisis Batman, Pre-Flashpoint, and New-52 Batman are all roughly the same with the only differences being attitude and tech. That being said sorry if I mix any feats or batsuits up, I only started bothering to distinguish them recently.

How they match up:

Speed: Kenshin can outrun the aim of an 1800's era minigun, attack fast enough to create shockwaves, and block the equivalent of modern day gun shots with his sword. Batman can dodge automatic gun fire from close range, and run fast enough to catch cars. Edge-Kenshin

Strength: Kenshins only real strength feat seems to be attacking a lamppost with enough force to knock it down. Batman has several feats lifting, throwing, or catching objects weighing up to 2,000 pounds. Edge-Batman

Durability: Kenshin gets small building level by power scaling last time I looked using this site. I only watched up until the shishio arc was done and that was over a decade ago but I don't remember anything coming close to that. Batman on the other hand has been flat out tanking meta human punches since they were first introduced, not to mention the various explosions, wall busts, and building collapses in his long continuity. edge- Batman

Skill- Kenshin is the master of Hiten-Mitsurugi-ru style sword play. Batman has mastered in pre crisis an unknown number of fighting styles and trained under some of the most reknown fighters in the dc pre crisis verse. edge-Batman

Weapons: A sword vs a utility belt with pretty much whatever you can think of in it.

I think Batman wins. Correct me if i'm wrong on any of these points.

Some people are really underestimating Kenshin's attack potency and durability. During the latter chapters, Kenshin actually becomes faster than supersonic as well as tanking and dishing out attacks that are around building level power.

Kenshin also has tremendous strength for his size, taking and dishing out blows from Shishio who could do this (as well as getting stabbed, hit by tremendous blows)

Shishio destroys ground

This fight could go either way, but Kenshin's strength and durability are much much more than what people give credit for. Enishi's battle is the best example of this where Kenshin starts taking blows where trees are casually smashed and the beach itself was being altered.

In short, Kenshin is a tank who is going to dish out heavy blows. Batman really has to use his equipment to full potential if he wants to win this fight.

Kenshin still has trouble with flashbangs, sonics, and gases. Plus the batsuit is definitely strong enough to survive a few blows from Himura.

Back