• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament Round 3 - Yor Briar vs Lord Recluse

By the way, does it tag the people I tag in the OP, or does that only work with replies?

I do not recall being notified when you tagged me in the previous match, if that is what do you mean.

As for the fight, Lord Recluse have range advantage in top of having danmaku, and there's nothing that suggest he can't simply spam energy blasts. In melee combat, the profile does not expand much of how good he is in martial arts (at least compared to Yor) bur possibly having 8 additional limbs at worst compensate any disadvantage it may in melee combat, plus he have regeneration and virtually limitless stamina.

How good is Recluse's Danmaku?

As for the fight, Lord Recluse have range advantage in top of having danmaku, and there's nothing that suggest he can't simply spam energy blasts. In melee combat, the profile does not expand much of how good he is in martial arts (at least compared to Yor) bur possibly having 8 additional limbs at worst compensate any disadvantage it may in melee combat, plus he have regeneration and virtually limitless stamina.
To be fair, there's a big problem in fighting with multiple limbs, as it requires exponentially more skill, or there's a good risk of entangling limbs and weapons with strikes, but yeah, it is very fair to consider that.

I'll wait before I comment on this. but to be honest, I think Yor might win.

What makes you think Yor would win?
Yor seems significantly more skilled, stronger and able to take advantage of Recluse better than vice-versa, and since the fight is at quite a low tier, I can see her killing him cleanly in melee, while her Instinctive Reactions are very good, to the point that, as long as the speed of the blasts aren't outrageous, she could instinctively dodge into empty spaces of danmaku.

This can very well change as there isn't much detail on Recluse's profiles, though.

Yor has more abilities for close quarter combat and 10 meters are crossed in a flash, so Danmaku won't be a huge factor either. She isn't a slouch in ranged combat either, Yor can accuratly headshot fellow assassins through walls without vision, can knockout people with a thrown button through crowds etc. So if Recluses danmaku isnt batshit insane, im inclined to go for Yor too.

Instinctive reaction doesn't seem that good, she just automatically countered an attack, most expert fighters do that already to an extent.

:/ that feels like the kinda thing that should have been in the profile for me to evaluate

Dont tell me instinctive reaction is now too haxed

Its the only thing that she "gets" later on. Her current profile is definitly to 95% up to date, its only more feats for her instinctive reaction and throwing skill

... Now that you mention that, no actually... She got hit once, she received a bullet in her butt but thats it
I like that the rebuttal to her dodging skill is being shot in the butt

In any case, that's a bummer for Reaper, this is a match that has plenty of potential.

Since I'm here I can actually debate now, Lord Recluse skill stomps people who clear entire establishments of trained soldiers and martial artists, which from Yor's skill feats just don't stack up

Lord Recluse's regen takes seconds.

Lord Recluse is probably going to throw a wave of energy out that's 5 meters tall for a starter at this range and then go for melee, which Yor needs to avoid TEN appendages eight of them bladed, get through Lord Recluse's regen, and land enough hits to KO on someone who has an AP and skill advantage.

Throwing stuff is cool but unless it goes through the regen it really won't work

Valid points. Those would pose quite an obstacle for Yor. Also, while speed is equal, Recluse keeps a higher attack speed, as per Versus rules; in this here case, Recluse's attack speed is at the very least x1.8 higher than his combat speed (value between high-end Subsonic and low-end Transonic).

Though let's keep in mind Yor has IR and acrobatics.

Valid points. Those would pose quite an obstacle for Yor. Also, while speed is equal, Recluse keeps a higher attack speed, as per Versus rules; in this here case, Recluse's attack speed is at the very least x1.8 higher than his combat speed (value between high-end Subsonic and low-end Transonic).

Though let's keep in mind Yor has IR and acrobatics.
Acrobatics is limited and would be shared by... almost 99% percent of people Lord Recluse beats the ass of regularly, IR is annoying but Lord Recluse has dealt with really dodgey people before... these people can dodge psychological attacks. Yeah there's an entire archetype for dodging in CoH...

I don't think that's really a feat unless they have conceptual dodging

He hasn't used it ever(OOC) and if he did it would only be doubly as good as his Arachnos Crab Soldiers at least, which is very low-end danmaku, and he uses waves of energy anyway

Mmm, well, if this guy is not a proper user of danmaku then it may changes the things here.

He throws harder to dodge attacks then danmaku, namely a 5 meter high wave of energy

This also doesn't change the fact that Yor Brior needs to fight a guy with 2 arms and 8 bladed appendages of which the only thing in her kit he may not have dealt with before is IR

Last edited:
Im going to be pretty buisy for the foreseeable future and as such wont be able to consistently debate. Therefor, i want to officially concede from the tournament. If anyone wants to continue to debate for Yor, gladly do so. Apologiez for the inconvience.

Im going to be pretty buisy for the foreseeable future and as such wont be able to consistently debate. Therefor, i want to officially concede from the tournament. If anyone wants to continue to debate for Yor, gladly do so. Apologiez for the inconvience.
IRL>>>>>>>VS Battles Wikia, just make sure to have fun and hold your head high for whats to come!

If nobody debates for Yor, would it perhaps be best to leave the match be for now, and just say Recluse won?

Looking at the profiles again, I'm thinking Recluse has this.

IR helps, and Yor is perhaps better at martial arts, but she's fighting an 8-armed martial artist who can shoot energy waves. Also Yor has nowhere to hide on this terrain to use her stealth

Back