• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Adam...

Dragon never said that. He was just proving that Sonic is, overall, FTL, because of official statements and feats, because of the fact that Sonic's true speed was possibly never showed, and because of the fact that the members from the Sonic Team stated that Sonic is FTL at his maximum.

Alright, I'll have to assume that Base Sonic is FTL via explicit statements, If Sonic is as fast as the Flash then he must be MFTL+

Oh, I noticed I read the OP wrong. Modern base Sonic is FTL for sure. And actually, we don't have Classic Sonic as being FTL; he's Sub-Relativistic+ due to his laser dodging feat from Sonic CD.

Why are we still debating this then? It'd be a shame to get Sera or Executor for this when everyone is seemingly disagreeing with this anyway. Dude is FTL and the evidence is on the file.

@Matthew: Where are the scans for Sonic's other Sub-Relativistic to FTL feats (besides the three already on Sonic's profile)?

"Ex:

• Dodged and reacted to realistic lasers
  • Moved faster than his own Lightspeed Dash which is consistently stated to be Lightspeed
  • Stated to be Lightspeed in Sonic Unleashed
  • Stated to be FTL in Sonic Generations Guidebook
  • Stated by the head of Sonic Team to be faster than light in some games"

I disagree for Matt's reasons, Sonic has repeatedly shown FTL feats

Don't we have a link to a respect thread for this?

So offhand instruction manual statements from decades ago take precedence over actual feats and canon statements within the series or direct Word of God?

Here's Mario himself admitting that he cannot regularly break a brick without an amp to his strength in one of the manuals.

Also most of these manuals are simply calling him "The world's fastest supersonic hedgehog", which is pretty much a title of his. This is like saying Dyspo is only the speed of sound since he's constantly referred to as "The Sonic Warrior". Except even worse cause at least Dyspo's instances of being called that are actually canon.

One more thing I'd like to point out: most of the remaining Supersonic statements apply to Classic Sonic, and not modern Sonic. As Rukyama pointed out, most of them are just a title, similar to Dyspo being a warrior who has surpassed the speed of sound and light.

The only statements that remain arethese three statements. Still, even Classic Sonic hasdodged lasers on two separate occasions in Sonic CD, so even those are debatable.

I disagree. Being stated a bunch of times to be faster than sound shouldn't invalidate in-series feats and statements. Especially since there are a bunch of sub-relativistic to Relativistic feats that support the FTL high ends.

By similar logic, Superman should be downgraded as a common sloga only mentions 9-B/Supersonic feats.

And as mentioned above there are tons of instances in which Sonic has dodged lasers at these speeds.

Sonic dodges the Cyan Wisp's laser during his fight with the Nega-Wisp Armor which is universally accepted as an actual laser.

He dodges lasers from the Hotaru in Sonic CD and Mania which is emitted from an electric light bulb and travels in a straight line.

Takashi Iizuka was literally shown a Sonic Unleashed calc that placed Sonic at 8c and he thought it was cool, many many years ago.

Many users already disagreed with this, Classic and Modern Sonic are not going to be downgraded and i'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back