• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Sonic MFTL-MFTL+ speed upgrade

Actually Sonic being capable of ''fixing space'' with his speed is oftenly regarded as a spatial manip feat of his own, and that's a limited one.

Running through time can be performed via FTL travel, that's if, of course, said verse follows those kind of rules, which in the case of Sonic verse this is completely different.
While that makes sense Tails does state Sonic was restoring space by running through time
image.png

image.png

"When the Sonics accelerate through time they fix space."

And Sonic doesn't seem to follow the lightspeed or FTL speeds = time travel logic.

In the Japanese Sub the game seems to imply that Sonic and Classic Sonic jumpstart time via their speed. Or in other words gets time to start existing and moving again by traveling through said time at 'high speeds'

main-qimg-8b93c80551c556529d21986a94d78854

main-qimg-e77541b5c8c943404c4a7fb1fab25dba

Either way, I always interpreted as Immeasurable speed, but I was never actually sure what people here thought of it.

I don’t think it’s important to discuss the Generations running through time thing, I think it would be best if someone summed up the feats and counter arguments again, maybe in a edit for the OP. since multiple things have been changed since the thread started
I could edit the original post. Would I need to change the entire structure/format of what I've written or could I just clarify on things beneath what I've written? I am a little confused by this.

Limited Spatial Manipulation (With their speed alone, Modern and Classic Sonic can "fix space" with their speed)

That's regarded as hax here.
I get that part. That makes sense and I can agree to that. But I was more so referring to the part where Tails states the Sonic's accelerate through time part of the sentence. I was wondering if that part alone (Not the restoring space part of the feat) would be considered Immeasurable given Immeasurable's definition. When I think of Immeasurable speed I think of accelerating/running through time.

I get that part. That makes sense and I can agree to that. But I was more so referring to the part where Tails states the Sonic's accelerate through time part of the sentence. I was wondering if that part alone (Not the restoring space part of the feat) would be considered Immeasurable given Immeasurable's definition. When I think of Immeasurable speed I think of accelerating/running through time.
I'm pretty sure what he actually meant was that the Sonics were redoing all of the events of the past games to get up to the present, thus they were "accelerating" through linear time. Though restoring space is indeed some sort of spatial manipulation, no way any normal person could actually restore destroyed space.

I'm pretty sure what he actually meant was that the Sonics were redoing all of the events of the past games to get up to the present, thus they were "accelerating" through linear time. Though restoring space is indeed some sort of spatial manipulation, no way any normal person could actually restore destroyed space.
That actually does seem logical. I hadn't thought of something like that. There's just 1 issue though. The Japanese Sub doesn't seem to imply that's the case at all. Tails seems to imply Sonic jump-starts Time again with the appropriate amount of speed

restoring and making time start moving again via speed would appear to be a speed feat. Although is it possible that it's time manipulation?

I've made edits to the original post.

I added the refutation about the Sonic Advanced 2 feat and brought up two more MFTL+ feats.

If it seems fine that's nice, but if anyone thinks anything should be added/fixed let me know and I'll edit again.

That actually does seem logical. I hadn't thought of something like that. There's just 1 issue though. The Japanese Sub doesn't seem to imply that's the case at all. Tails seems to imply Sonic jump-starts Time again with the appropriate amount of speed

restoring and making time start moving again via speed would appear to be a speed feat. Although is it possible that it's time manipulation?
Yeah I forgot to mention that they are restoring time. it wouldn't be immeasurable because the time technically doesn't even exist for them to run through the past to future. So we can just assume they moved through linear time and then restored time and space with due to hax coming from their speed. Even if he did get immeasurable, I'm pretty sure it would contradict the Solaris feat considering that the chaos emeralds are supposed to increase Sonic's speed.

Yeah I forgot to mention that they are restoring time. it wouldn't be immeasurable because the time technically doesn't even exist for them to run through the past to future. So we can just assume they moved through linear time and then restored time and space with due to hax coming from their speed. Even if he did get immeasurable, I'm pretty sure it would contradict the Solaris feat considering that the chaos emeralds are supposed to increase Sonic's speed.
This is useful information. Does space manipulation allow you to get time moving again? I was under the false assumption that Sonic was running at Immeasurable speeds to 'jumpstart' normal time again in those 'white worlds' which made me believe that moving time through speed required speed comparable to time. Which I associate with immeasurable.

Another quick question. Can't 1 Immeasurable character be faster than another? It could just be that Super Sonic is immeasurable to a higher degree if this is the case.

Another question I would also likely to briefly cover is; Does using time hax to fast-forward through time via time count as immeasurable speed via hax? Shadow is noted to do this and it could be used to put him at Immeasurable via Chaos Control he can use naturally.

This is useful information. Does space manipulation allow you to get time moving again? I was under the false assumption that Sonic was running at Immeasurable speeds to 'jumpstart' normal time again in those 'white worlds' which made me believe that moving time through speed required speed comparable to time. Which I associate with immeasurable.
No, that should be time manip. It's both space and time manip im pretty sure.
Another quick question. Can't 1 Immeasurable character be faster than another? It could just be that Super Sonic is immeasurable to a higher degree if this is the case.
I'm pretty sure you can be higher in immeasurable speed if there's more temporal axis you can move through as if they were space, but in Solaris' case it's only one. Also Solaris might lose his immeasurable rating soon due to standards changing.
Another question I would also likely to briefly cover is; Does using time hax to fast-forward through time via time count as immeasurable speed via hax? Shadow is noted to do this and it could be used to put him at Immeasurable via Chaos Control he can use naturally.
That's time travel, not speed.

That's time travel, not speed.
Wouldn't Time Travel be more like traveling to the future? He doesn't travel to the future. He uses Chaos Control to fast-forward and move through linear time. He's still shown covering the entire distance however as opposed to instantly moving from 1 point in time to another. I think Space-Manipulation is a better term to use as it's broader.

Wouldn't Time Travel be more like traveling to the future? He doesn't travel to the future. He uses Chaos Control to fast-forward and move through linear time. He's still shown covering the entire distance however as opposed to instantly moving from 1 point in time to another. I think Space-Manipulation is a better term to use as it's broader.
does this mean shadow is a black priest with a stand that accelerates time 😳

Yes that's just time manipulation if there is evidence for that, unless you're talking about the simple teleport. The teleport is space manip.

does this mean shadow is a black priest with a stand that accelerates time 😳

Yes that's just time manipulation if there is evidence for that, unless you're talking about the simple teleport. The teleport is space manip.
Should be time manipulation. The manual seems to make it out to be that way. The description implies he accelerates time to move through space and/or time to reach a destination faster

page18-352px-Shadow_GC_US_manual.pdf.jpg

"Use Chaos Control to manipulate time and fast-forward through the stage at breakneck speed".
What kind of speed does this method of transportation to provide? Does it only amp him past FTL? Does it allow Immeasurable speed via hax?

Should be time manipulation. The manual seems to make it out to be that way. The description implies he accelerates time to move through space and/or time to reach a destination faster

page18-352px-Shadow_GC_US_manual.pdf.jpg

"Use Chaos Control to manipulate time and fast-forward through the stage at breakneck speed".
What kind of speed does this method of transportation to provide? Does it only amp him past FTL? Does it allow Immeasurable speed via hax?
None of this would be speed, just bending time. He is moving forward in time, but you still can't get immeasurable from that. You'd have to view time as a spatial dimension, and hell there's even stricter standards now so I'm not even sure if THAT is enough.

None of this would be speed, just bending time. He is moving forward in time, but you still can't get immeasurable from that. You'd have to view time as a spatial dimension, and hell there's even stricter standards now so I'm not even sure if THAT is enough.
Wow, this time stuff is more complicated than I thought. So would bending time just essentially be unquantifiable? I'm confused as to how the ability would benefit anything if it doesn't allow him to move from one point to another quicker. Something like teleporting and or Time Travel is far easier to understand.

Wow, this time stuff is more complicated than I thought. So would bending time just essentially be unquantifiable? I'm confused as to how the ability would benefit anything if it doesn't allow him to move from one point to another quicker. Something like teleporting and or Time Travel is far easier to understand.
Here is the speed page If you have any doubts about that. (Of course, make sure to read the notes)

Well, while we’re talking about Time Abilities and stuff, I did find it may be likely that like Null Space Egg Reverie and Null Space has some odd time itself, not just because Eggman says nothing exists in there or the Timer in game but also because it seems the Egg Reverie Zone is meant to be a application of a unused concept for the Sonic CD modern Port of final boss that takes place in a void without time called Final Fever

Time acceleration is ftl if you go to the page (I probably should've checked it out lol).

i always knew shadow had made in heaven

Hm, well unless anyone has anything else to say I think there's not much more to add. We have kind of gone off track thanks to me after all. I'll try to contact staff to see if this gets the 'go' or not.

Oh, if it wasn’t already obvious, I agree with the Change, I feel there’s enough examples of such feats to warrant at least a “Possibly” Ranking, especially since the Egg Mobile has so consistently outpaced Super Sonic and Sonic has already been known to get significantly stronger and faster every game

and as a side note, I also feel Classic Sonic needs a Major Redo, specially since we Allow the Phantom Ruby a Large Planet Status, but that’s for another time

Another Weird thing I Noticed in the Scaling of the wiki’s Profiles, Dark Gaia in his First Form is rated as Just “FTL Combat And Reaction Speed” (From what I assume is scaling to Chip keeping up with Sonic and Attacking Base Sonic in the fight) while Light Gaia Colossus is listed as MFTL from “Scaling to Super Sonic”, despite Dark Gaia Catching him multiple Times before Light Gaia can move out of the way and still being able to Attack before Light Gaia gets to him, in the Narrative pretty much the only reason Sonic Joined the Fight was to save Chip after being grabbed

Last edited:
Back