• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Naruto should be allowed to use SM in Vs Battles

No.

We aren't making exceptions in form switches if it changes the tier gap that significantly.

It'd be like allowing Gurren Lagann to become Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in a versus thread because combining is a "technique".

I agree with Reppuzan.

It will upgrade his tier which would make the match up unfair if you put him up against someone equal to his base. Second, You can just put him in sage mode at the start since it's a key.

It's not like God Absorb Goku who's Base is Universe Level so he can go SS 1, SS 2, SS 3, SSG, and SSB in matches as he's still 3-A (Post Tournament power ups).

Though people would simply say the Goku they want or restrict the forms.

Well, War Arc Base Naruto is At Least Town+, Likely City+. SM is At Least City+ iirc. So, same tier, no?

I guess but the problem is he needs time to do it... It would be a waste imo. Again, you could simply just put him in that form at the start.

This just seems like another thing people would use as an argument. I can see it now "Naruto distracts [insert character here] with Clone Spam, finds a hiding place and gathers Natural Energy gg."

@TFO

Note: Not saying that's what you're going to do. Just something that I think would happen.

Well...that's exactly what Naruto would do. All he needs to do is make a Shadow Clone or two, and go have them hide in place for 8 seconds to gather the natural energy for it. It's more or less how he was able to keep it up against Pain.

1. I guess I was right about it becoming an argument...

2. Please provide evidence that Naruto only needs 8 seconds to gather all that Natural Energy?

3. No, He already had several other Clones at Mt. Miyoboku that I gave him back his Sage Mode.

We dont allow techniques that make tier jumps.

Simple as that.

Sage Mode makes naruto another tier? Then it can be restricted.

PaChi2 said:
We dont allow techniques that make tier jumps.
Simple as that.

Sage Mode makes naruto another tier? Then it can be restricted.
It only makes him another tier in certain forms. Pretty Much, all forms other than his War Arc Base Changes tiers when he uses SM.

@LG1000

It isn't confirmed that Naruto needs 8 seconds. But its shown and implied that he just needs "Several Seconds" to focus and concentrate.

@TFO: My motto in life is- Never complicate things when they don't need to be complicated.

Just let things be as they are. Separate keys is by far the neatest solution.

LordGriffin1000 said:
1. I guess I was right about it becoming an argument...
2. Please provide evidence that Naruto only needs 8 seconds to gather all that Natural Energy?

3. No, He already had several other Clones at Mt. Miyoboku that I gave him back his Sage Mode.
2: I'm struggling to find the exact moment, but I explicitly remember reading that 4-8 seconds was all Naruto needed by the time of the Obito/Madara fight, because he'd achieved harmony with Kurama.

the naruto wiki explains it thus:

!thingy
3: Yes, the clones were already at Mt. Myoboku, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still been canonically shown to use Sage Mode this way.

@Korudo Daio

2: This is Bijuu Mode Naruto not Base. 4. point goes for Naruto until he receiving SPSM and after that he can go sage mode instantly.

Mindovin said:
@Korudo Daio
2: This is Bijuu Mode Naruto not Base. 4. point goes for Naruto until he receiving SPSM and after that he can go sage mode instantly.
It...doesn't matter? Base Naruto still has full harmony with Kurama, unless you're going to explicitly point out "pre-Fourth Ninja War Base Naruto".

This teenager Naruto topic and thread and it's goes before manga chapter 699.

If you can read when Naruto and Tobirama noticed Juubito's Senjutsu weakness you can see how much time Naruto need to enter sage mode.

Also you read the most important part? '

If the user is also a jinchüriki that has achieved harmony with their tailed beast, they can drastically speed up their ability to gather natural energy in tailed beast mode to the point of only needing a few seconds to fully charge or recharge their sage chakra.

Back