• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually going to ask, would that even be in character? I imagine it'd be a Hail Mary sort of deal after a successful Reset via Time Manip. if anything. One does not simply do something like that in the middle of a heated combat and expect to not get blown to bits by a Charitus Domus Aurora.

The thing about Doom specifically is that it gives them a whole 30 seconds or so to do something about it, I imagine that's probably about the time she'd start taking his casting seriously enough to Imperial Privelege against it if its whipped out.

I'm only going off of what the profile says, as far as what Magic Resist all applys to at her level. That puts Petrify, Spatial Manip., Mind Manip. out of the question at the least (especially the Mind Manip. since she also has the Migraines skill.)

It says on Saber's profile that Aestus Domus Aurea improves all of her parameters by 1 rank, effectively multiplying them by 10. If skills are measured in terms of their parameters, would this not also include them?

@Perp

Parameters = stats like Strength, Endurance, Ability, and Mana.

Magic Resistance is a skill, meaning that it won't be affected.

Actually, you have a point about Doom. Her Thrice-Setting Sun skill automatically revives her at the time of her death for as long as she prepares it in advance (which she can do in the middle of a fight).

As for Bartz's in-character, he's fairly serious and flexible, switching between and using abilities from all of his job classes. But we don't have a "canon" mindset or first move since the powers are up to the player in the games.

So its specifically stat parameters, huh... not skills? Are Skills not also Parameters then, despite being measured the same way?

Weird.

My vote still goes to Bartz. He still has methods of meeting win conditions before she does, even if it is unlikely do to his vast moveset that he will necessarily start with them. Tactically, he will start with stat boosters and things like Reflect/Barrier, but otherwise he would eventually end up with spells that could win like Banish. I feel like if there is a chance he could bypass her magical resistance, then he could put her down with many other spells and even Mimic her.

Uhh, how are they not valid? All the abilities that Bartz has that were listed when this thread started is still a factor.

I'm asking how the old votes for Bartz are not valid when all the abilities listed for him do work on Nero.

I feeling like this is a who ever draws first blood. With Nero fate manipulation and Bartz one hit kill. Kinda leaning closer to Nero though.

Not... necessarily? Just because I adapted a slightly different position doesn't mean other people have to, it's at least logically valid reasoning to say that you think Magic Resistance (even at E Rank) makes Bartz's life a living hell in this match-up, since she's got the AP advantage and its arguable that Magic Resist/other skills scale relative to that.

But, well, idk. Let's let the OP decide I think.

...a good Vs thread? With no flame-wars and a legit debate?! That's actually concluded (I think) after 100+ messages or so?

It's like a dream...!

ThePerpetual said:
...a good Vs thread? With no flame-wars and a legit debate?! That's actually concluded (I think) after 100+ messages or so?

It's like a dream...!
You'd be surprised on the amount of legit vs debates I've been in with no flame wars and a legit debate.

I can't close it. Hey Repp, Perpetual, can any of you guys close this thread please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back