• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barney tries mindhax but it fails as Dante resists it, leading into his next move being an attemp to incapacitate him, surely via Clothing Manip, turning his clothes into something restraining could allow Barney to win via incap.

Barney also being able to dodge attacks with his teleortation will be useful here

Well, Barney has the hax advantage, just restraining Dante with his own clothes, while Dante has to at least slay Barney once to win, so this isn´t an stomp considering Barney will waste time trying to turn him into his friend.

I mean if Barney's whole mindset is turning Dante into a friend, shouldn't Dante win due to like...actually wanting to kill?

"Standard Tactics: Barney is well known as a character that would never actually fight, as his personality is strongly against such things.

SBA (Standard Battle Assumptions) cover such problem/weakness when regarding Versus Threads, however, turning him into actually willing to kill, but he will still give priority to just turn the opponent into his friend with his empathic manipulation, BFR it or incapacitate it. If all of those fail, he will just try kill the target in lack of better options."

He is willing to kill thanks to SBA

I mean I'm assuming once Dante becomes needlessly hostile Barney would try to just incap him.

Is he only able to do that via cloth manipulation?

He can also use BFR via Portal Creation, but that only comes if he notices the cloth manip won´t do it

Which I mean...should happen pretty quickly, yeah?

I mean if it doesn't work that sounds pretty noticeable.

It happens in seconds via his sparkles

Anyways, Barney got nuked once more, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back