• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banjo-Kazooie minor revisions

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Introduction

This was on my vsbattles new years resolutions, and with less than half the year to go, I've finally gotten around to it. Big kudos to JiggyHunter11 for helping with feat-hunting, and Mr. Bambu for helping with feat calculations. Both of their help has been invaluable. Without them, this probably wouldn't have been half as big as it is now.

Changes to Tiering
The cast is due another changes to their tiering. Currently, they are rated as High 8-C for three reasons: Hag-1's earthquake (eyeballed) seemed to be a magnitude 3.5 one, a few of the bosses are the size of large buildings and for Gruntilda's feat currently listed on her profile, yielding 7.2 tons. However, as we can see here, the rock didn't actually seem to harm her, just that she simply couldn't lift it enough. Grunty or Klungo not being able to destroy it is likely just PIS, since pulverizing the rock took barely High 8-C levels of energy. There's no indication that bosses can't be above Large Building level just because they're that size. Back to the Hag-1, the earthquake it causes is powerful enough to make Mumbo fall over, despite Banjo's house being a good distance away from the earthquake's epicentre, which means it should qualify for a magnitude 5 earthquake, which is 8-A. This is consistent with the statement that in Nuts and Bolts, Gruntilda would destroy Spiral Mountain, with the destruction of spiral mountain also being calced at 8-A for its lowest end.

But wait, there's more

According to this calc, Stompanadon has KE yields in the 7-C range (mid-end was generally accepted). Not only can Banjo & Kazooie survive this, it is intentional for Banjo to take a hit from Stompanadon for him to cross the stomping plains and unlock a jiggy (collectible). However, a single attack from Stompanadon brings Banjo down to one bit of health, and it's also intentional for Banjo to regen + heal using the snooze pack to successfully cross the plains. So it's unknown whether he should fully scale to this feat or not. Therefore, here's what I propose.

Banjo & Kazooie, and anyone who scale to them: At least 8-A, possibly 7-C. Justifications being that Banjo can take hits from Hag-1, Gruntilda can blow up Hag-1 in a single hit by accident and Banjo can tank the same spell that Grunty used to destroy it. They can also both tank weapons used in their vehicles. As Grenade Eggs are stronger than regular eggs, plus Dragon Kazooie who is powered by a mega glowbo, Banjo & Kazooie should get a higher rating with both of these.

Speed Justifications
Right now, Banjo & Kazooie's speed is "Peak Human via Banjo. SuperHuman via Kazooie. Supersonic+ flight and combat speed" from what I can only assume is guesswork. However, they aren't without speed feats. In Grunty's revenge, Banjo can dodge cannonballs fired in the Ghost Pirate boss fight, which is treated as Supersonic, and with the Stompanadon calc linked above, Kazooie can dodge and outrun Stompanadon's attacks, which have a speed of 1600 m/s, or Supersonic+. To add consistency, Banjo can barely dodge Stompanadon's hits if he is in the right position, but usually is too slow to dodge it.

New speed ratings: Supersonic via Banjo, Supersonic+ for Kazooie's speed and combat speeds, Hypersonic with Turbo Trainers. Jinjos scale to Kazooie's speed, Mumbo Jumbo and Gruntilda running scales to Banjo's speed, and Gruntilda's flight speed scales to Kazooie. In vehicles, characters should get Supersonic+ speed, with a far higher attack speed for lasers.

New Abilities
Banjo & Kazooie: Breath Attack via Dragon Kazooie, who utilises a fire breath attack (unlike other transformations by Mumbo/Humba, this one is permanent), Stealth Mastery (Some vehicle parts allow Banjo & Kazooie to be able to get jiggies from Napper and Snake Jade without them sensing him, they both can wake up with the slighest of noises, later he was also able to steal the Sacred Relic from the Unga Bungas without them noticing), and limited Homing Attack via the HOMING cheat (makes projectiles home in somewhat on their opponents). Soul Manipulation should be removed, since attacking someone's exposed soul is just non-physical interaction. Possibly Telepathy for the same reasons as Mumbo and Gruntilda, as well as Surface Scaling via Claw Clamber Boots. Weapon Creation should be changed to Natural Weaponry as Kazooie doesn't create weapons out of her body, she turns into a weapon and uses her eggs as weapons, and they should get Status Effect Inducement via fire eggs and ice eggs which burn and freeze the opponent respectively.

Magic and Portal Creation via Jiggies (As explained in Grunty's Revenge, Jiggies are objects with powerful magic strong enough to open the way to other parts of the land, such as Cliff Farm)

Banjo & Kazooie (Vehicles): Underwater Breathing (Type 3; via the Scuba Seat + more), Camouflage (Via the Chameleon), Water Manipulation (Via the Liquid Squirter), Healing (Via the Replenisher, which replenishes all ammo and fuel, idk if this counts as healing, and robo-Mumbo Jumbo which automatically repairs damaged vehicle parts), Self-Destruction, limited Information Analysis/Clairvoyance/Enhanced Senses (Via the Spec-o-Spy, which shows the location of all Jinjos on the map and the Aerial which intercepts Grunty's transmissions), Forcefield Creation (Via Energy Shield), Smoke Manipulation (Via Smoke Sphere), Flight (Obvious), Ice Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement (Via Freezeezy, which shoot ice cubes + freezes the opponent), Fire Manipulation (Via Weldar's Breath, a flamethrower), limited Technological Manipulation (Via Rust Bin, which shoots rust balls which rust all machinery), Homing Attack (Via Torpedile. It even works underwater!), Heat Manipulation (Via lasers), Statistics Reduction (Via Citrus Slick, which slows other vehicles down), Explosion Manipulation and Summoning (Via Clockwork Kaz), Air Manipulation (With Vacuum and Suck n Blow), Large Size (Type 0 via some cars being very big), Magnetism Manipulation (Via E.M.P. which disables all machinery on the map). Some of these abilities overlap with abilities already on the profile; I'll explain why later.

Gruntilda: Power Nullification and Sealing (As shown in the clip a couple paragraphs above, Gruntilda sealed the portals to other worlds and used a spell to make Jiggywiggy unable to touch jiggies, Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Can take multiple attacks to her soul from Banjo, a la Undertale), Status Effect Inducement (Doesn't get frozen/burnt by Kazooie's eggs) and Life Manipulation (Her total life force is 3x that of a normal being), as well as Duplication (Of her soul), Non-Physical Interaction (Ran over a family of Jinjos), Self-Sustenance (Types 1 and 2, as she can live as simply a head with no lungs or stomach, thus no way of respiring or eating)

Gruntilda, Banjo & Kazooie should get Acausality (Type 1). Gruntilda was planning to rewrite the current Banjo-Kazooie timeline in Grunty's Revenge, despite being from said timeline herself, implying she would be unaffected by that. In an alternate ending, Banjo & Kazooie get sent to a world with numerous versions of themselves and are unaffected by multiple versions of themselves co-existing.

Mumbo Jumbo, Lord of Games and likely Gruntilda: Fusionism (Their transmutation spells/abilities transform both Banjo and Kazooie into one 'thing', whether that thing is a frog, a washing machine etc.)

Lord of Games: Inorganic Physiology (For fairly obvious reasons), Sound Manipulation and Perception Manipulation (Hitting the sound chip and graphics card in the LOGBOX 720, a world of LoG's creation, affects the sound and graphics of the entire world), Camouflage and possibly Invisibility (When asked why LoG has never been seen or mentioned at all beforehand, despite being such a significant being, LoG claimed it was because it is "very good at disguising itself")

Higher-Dimensional Existence and Higher-Dimensional Manipulation (Supreme being of the Banjo-Kazooie verse, who created both it and presumably all rareware universes too. Changed the plot of the entire game world at a whim, affecting characters such as Mumbo Jumbo retroactively. He is capable of manipulating the sound and graphics of the universe itself).

Jinjo: Durability Negation is unfounded, it should be simply Negation of forcefields and invulnerability. They should also get Shapeshifting for being able to turn into giant balls in Nuts and Bolts.

Miscellaneous
Gruntilda should get two new keys: Mecha Gruntilda and With Vehicles. For her 'With Vehicles' key, she should only get the abilities she showed with her vehicles in each of her boss battles.

Banjo & Kazooie with the magic wrench should get Class 100 lifting strength, seeing as they are able to lift a plane with relative ease.

They should also get their cheats + vehicle parts explained on their profile, as well as all the shoes and abilities they grant as optional equipment.

Finally, I was thinking of having either individual profiles or keys for Banjo & Kazooie. Leaning towards profiles, as after these revisions their profiles may get cluttered.

Summary
All High 8-C characters go to "At least 8-A, possibly 7-C for the Hag-1 feat, spiral mountain bust and Stompanadon feat.

All characters become either Supersonic or Supersonic+ in speed, scaling from either Banjo dodging cannonballs or Stompanadon's feat. Kazooie with the Turbo Trainers becomes Hypersonic via upscaling.

Banjo & Kazooie, Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo, Jinjo and Lord of Games all get new abilities.

Banjo & Kazooie get Class 100 lifting strength with the magic wrench.

Thanks, especially since you helped a lot with it! Seriously, much appreciated.

Ik we've talked about this before, but do you agree with everything on here?

Yeah, nothing here seems off to me.

Edit:Shoot, I forgot about the infinite fire eggs and Dragon Kazooie being powered by a legendary mega glowbo, i think higher with Dragon Kazooie, fire, grenade and ice eggs should do it.

Edit2:There's also more Magnetism with Sticky Fi-i mean Balls (that's even worse).

Limited Light Manipulation with Spotlights.

Air Manipulation with Vacuum and Suck-n-Blow...i love you Rare.

Also Explosion Manipulation with Mumbo-Bombos, Grenade Gun, that can shoot 5 grenade eggs at once, Grenade Turret and Clockwork Kaz (more homing attacks and Summoning.)

Possible limited Fear Manipulation with horn, can scare people and ghosts...

Status Effect Inducement by themselves and with vehicles.

Damage Reduction with Armor.(vehicle)

Large Size with big vehicles.

Adaptation with vehicles, they can adapt to water, ground and air.

Aerial+Spec-O-Spy+Chameleon should grant Stealth Mastery. (Banjo was also able to get jiggies from Napper and Snake Jade without them sensing him, they both can wake up with the slighest of noises, later he was also able to steal the Sacred Relic from the Unga Bungas without them noticing.)

Natural Weaponry by themselves.

??? with Aerial:The player can listen Grunty's voice transmissions during her Challenges.

This looks fine, "higher" should cover it after "At least 8-A, possibly 7-C".

Added a few more additions, but for the most part they're just vehicle parts that had yet to be listed.

6 in agreement so far. Should be enough, but Starter Pack said he'd check the thread out so we should probably wait for him

GyroNutz said:
6 in agreement so far. Should be enough, but Starter Pack said he'd check the thread out so we should probably wait for him
Honestly, since an evaluating staffs like Mr.Bambu agree then the changes are welcome to added.

Of course, I don't mind waiting for @Starter Pack.

Yeah I want to hear out Starter first before applying anything

JiggyHunter11 said:
GUH HUCK
Banjo at Starter's window rn.
Stealing that image for later.

After carefully looking over everything here, I agree with most everything here. The only thing I want to point out is the Healing proposition. I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but wouldn't this actually be Regenerationn?

Anyway, as I said, aside from that, I agree with everything.

I saw it before. I was just unsure because of the size of the OP.

o-o'

Regenerationn seems fine yeah

I'll apply these changes when I get on PC, thank you all for checking my humble, minor CRT out

I'll change it back, but Starter Pack was the one who suggested it in place of Healing.

GyroNutz said:
I'll change it back, but Starter Pack was the one who suggested it in place of Healing.
No problem. I mean I get it but it geot to evaluated like in protocol as I stated, @GyroNutz.

Back