• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bane vs The Beast (2 More Votes!)

No spoilers. I was just trying to be cute.

Good

Anyway. Babe is a better fighter by a country mile, but in terms of pure strength, Horde probably takes this

Neither of them have a calc for their respective feats, but Horde scales to much more.

For reference, even before realizing his powers, David Dunn was physically capable of surviving a train crash that would have crushed the entire Mid section of his body, as well as ripping a door off of its hinges.

Now bear in mind, David Dunn's Durability is arguably higher then his pure strength, which can bend steel with extreme ease even after wrestling the guards.

Beast can still nearly break his bones with enough effort.

On top of this, Beast is much more agile then Bane, and can climb any surface to escape.

But again....Babe beats him as a fighter

I have no idea

Not yet I need to think this through

Bane is casually Baseline, but so is a very early David Dunn, who is much stronger now, who is physically comparable to the Beast

Schnee brings up some very good points.

So I guess the question is, is Bane's skill enough to defeat someone who's a good deal stronger than him, more agile, and has higher durability on top of already being stronger physically in terms of AP.

I'm leaning towards David due to his durability and agility. It's very unlikely that he won't get at least one blow in. And his blows will do much more than Bane's assuming he doesn't successfully hit any vital areas.

Punching into a concrete pillar should be quite a bit above baseline tbh

I'd argue Bane.

Yes Beast scales to David who's no slouch but Bane is strong enough to punch through a concrete pillar as well as break a bullet proof mask, casually crush windpipes and damage Batman who fell onto a car and van hard enough to flatten them.

There's also Bane's major edge in experience and skill. Bane even before the movie starts was a skilled mercenary who was investigated by Littlefinger for taking over a small nation I believe and he was trained by the League of Shadows as one of it's greatest students which indicates he's just as good as a Bruce at his prime.

On the other hand Kevin is, well, a beast, often relying on brutality to win his fights which really isn't helping against Bane

"Kevin is, well, a beast, often relying on brutality to win his fights"

This is false, I'm sorry.

The Beast is all of the personalities combined into a single being and makes it very capable of both speech and thinking on the fly.

Quick clip from Glass, minor spoilers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvTlVt1ql2U

Beast actively uses the environment and his surroundings as a weapon, kicking off walls, climbing them to give himself space and sneak attack, etc. and the result forces David to run out of a window before his bones are crushed

There's plenty of other scenes where the Horde is smart in the movie but I don't want to spoil.

Is Bane a better fighter? Sure

Is Beast not a good fighter? He absolutely is

Now, I haven't seen any of the Eastrail 177 series of movies, but based on the info I've read, I'm leaning more towards Bane. While they seem very similar in strength, Bane has formal training from the League of Assassins and Dark Knight Rises states that he was basically the best and was kicked out because he was too brutal for the organization. While Beast isn't stupid, not by a long shot, Bane was able to trap Batman and outsmart the entire Gotham police force before taking the city hostage. This will probably be a difficult fight, but I think Bane will win with his training, intelligence, and greater experience.

Only thing I think could possibly give Beast an easy win is ripping off Bane's mask and rendering him unable to breathe. But the question is, would Beast be able to figure out that's his weakness? While he needed Mr. Glass to tell him Dunn's weakness, I don't think most people would figure out he can't swim in the middle of a fight.

Okay, voting time

The Beast takes this

While both characters have their respective feats Beast simply scales to a higher level by a character he's superior to by a wide margin (Depowered David Dunn)

Beast is much more ruthless as a fighter, but he's not without his skill, while Bane may be a superior fighter, he doesn't really have any way to touch or stop Beast from wall climbing and grabbing his mask off.

Also, Beasg isn't an idiot, he's more then smart enough to destroy the mask if he realizes that it's keeping him alive.

Batman, a character who couldn't use this weakness due to his no killing rule, without the ability to climb on walls, defeated Bane after he trained.

With this in mind, Bane keeps himself in the game for Beast to go on a while before either crushing him, or ripping off his mask, or both.

Beast 6/10

I don't know, it seems to me that Beast and Dunn don't have much formal training when it comes to fighting and I believe the intelligence gap is pretty big. Sure, Beast hits harder than Bane, but he's not in the one-shot range. Bane is one tough customer and has pretty good stamina in a fight. If the skill gap is so large between combatants, despite strength differences, the more skilled one will come out on top most of the time. Unless Dunn's blows did absolutely nothing to Beast throughout their fight in Glass, I think Bane can pull off a win with high-diff

Dunn had training as a security officer and fought as a hero for almost 20 years.

Beast doesn't need one shot worth AP to grab Banes fist and rip off his mask.

Also, Beast fighting Dunn gives him expirience against physically as strong does, Bane had never fought someone physically stronger who can climb

At least 20 years in a violent prison and the deadliest secret society in the world's training vs security guard and 20 years of common criminals that were probably knocked out in one punch (I don't know how much effort it takes Dunn to knock out a normal man). Also, Bane knows his weaknesses and wouldn't let his mask be defenseless. He had to get beaten down by Batman, the man who defeated the only man above Bane in fighting skill, before his mask was broken.

Bane doesn't know his weakness though, he does not know how to beat him aside from physically beating him

Except, Batman wasn't trying to break his mask, that would kill Bane, completely violating Batmans no killing rule.

Beast has no problem with this issue, nor does Bane even know this dude is physically superior to him.

Even if Beast gets overwhelmed through skill alone despite his strength, agility, and ruthlessness in destroying the mask, he climbs a tree, and Bane, helpless to do anything to him, gets pounced on

Banes skill is the only possible advantage he has, and it won't save him from someone who can grab the punch of someone stringerbthen Bane

First, this fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse according to the OP, so even though it's most likely dark and Beast is climbing everywhere, Bane completely no sold Batman, a stealth master, trying to attack him in complete darkness.

Second, I highly doubt that Bane will just let Beast pounce on him, nor that Bane has no knowledge on how to deal with opponents from above, considering Batman got taught the same things he did and hitting from above is his bread and butter.

Third, speed is equalized, so their agility is equal as well.

Fourth, according to what I've read on Eastrail 177, Beast didn't actually exist as a personality in Kevin's brain until the end of Split, prior to that only as something two of the personalities worshipped, and was, at most, a month old by the end of Glass before he was killed. Based on that age range, it seems like Beast has almost no practical fighting experience, relying on animal ferocity to win. Again, he's not stupid, but he doesn't seem like someone who is the combination of 23 intellects.

Finally, Beast won his fight because Elijah told him what Dunn's weakness was. We don't know what would have happened if David remained dry, but I'm guessing it would have been a draw.

It feels like we're going in circles at this point, I'm not really seeing any points that we can make that are definitive besides Beast is stronger and Bane is more skilled. I'm just going to let other people read over the debate so far and vote Inconclusive for now.

1. Batman did not climb and Bane can see in the dark

I'm not talking about sneak attacking either, I'm talking tackling him. Unless Bane were to dodge

2. Speed=/=Agility, Being able to climb on walls is better then the tank that Bane has shown to be.

4. All the personalities and knowledge are combined into one, as shown by Glass and his discussion with his therapist in split.

Beast winning the fight isn't relevant, it's still expirience against a physical equal, something Band lacks against physically stronger people

But yeah, incon

1) But in Beast tries to tackle Bane will see it coming for above reasoning

2) Again tho Bane was trained in the same techniques as Bruce by the League of Shadows which likely inccludes Parkour

4) Except Beast doesn't seem to use all that much of it in comparision to the Split conversation.

Moderate damage to a concrete wall is more of a baseline wall feat, while the Beast shrugging off shotgun blasts and bending steel bars, plus his scaling to David Dunn (particularly denting steel doors/breaking their hindges and an insanely good durability from not even getting a scratch in a train crash that killed everyone else), makes me think he's more in the lower-middle to middle wall range.

Feels like a solid AP/dura advantage, and Bane's biggest problem is that he doesn't have any equipment to give him a chance to win like movie Batmen. He's also got superior lifting strength, so if they end up grappling he'll ironically be able to crush Bane's back with the Beast's signature move, and he's got a mobility (not speed) advantage with his wall-crawling.

Gonna vote for the Beast.

So, Bane scales to breaking walls and snapping walls, while the Beast scales to crushing bodies, and actually hurting Dunn, who no-sold one hell of a train crash. Beast > Bane.

Beast can also crawl on walls and is ridiculously more athletic than Bane. And while Bane beat Batman who fought in darkness, Beast can crawl on walls and the ceiling. Tell me, who expects that? Beast could pretty well sneak up on Baney boy.

Plus, weaknesses. The Beast's are really difficult to work out, bright lights and his full name. While Bane's is his mask. That's actually super obvious.

Beast mid-diff

Beast isn't more skilled than Bane, at least not in combat (might be really good at gardening or something with all those personalities, who knows). But otherwise yeah, I agree.

Bane: 2 (Sorvoe, Hellbeast)

Beast: 3 (Schnee, Redic, Azoth)

I actually switched to Incon, but for all the reasons given by me and Azoth, switching back to the Beast

While Bane is more intelligent overall, the Beast has higher strength, wall-crawling and it looks like Bane is screwed if his (rather vulnerable) mask is destroyed. Kevin will be the one to break the Bane.

Bane: 2 (Sorvoe, Hellbeast)

Beast: 5 (Schnee, Redic, Azoth, Crop, Litentric)

Two more to go for The Beast.

The Beast. Duking it out with The Overseer is hell of a feat when you consider one of his earliest feats, I'm talking about the train crash. Not only did the crash shatter everyone but him, in a deleted scene he even mentions that his steel watch was crushed against his skin like it had been hit by a sledgehammer, showing just how bad the impact was even where he was and how much of it he tanked. That's way more than what Bane packs and it's just what The Beast dishes out.

Back