• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I need more info about Puckett, so I will not cast a vote yet.

In AP, they are very similar, and tho Puckett has the advantage, Balrog's damage boost can make up for that in some instances, but overall they're about the same.

The deciding point will be their skill, since I feel the battle is a "variety vs experience".

Puckett is more, acrobatic, has higher LS and can capture Balrog from distance with her ribbon.

On the other hand, Balrog is very experienced and skilled, despite his brutish demeanor, and has fought opponents who fight in a similar way (Vega, Fang, Ibuki), with a similar size (Ibuki), who fight with tools to capture the opponent (Birdie with his chains).

I'd say that Balrog has more than enough tools to keep up with her.
Most of the notable characters in SF are either masters, champions or gifted pratictioners of their own discipline, and Balrog keeps up with them all the time. Among the characters he's fought there are Chun-Li, Juri, Vega, Fang and Ibuki, all fighters who use a very acrobatic fighting style, so Balrog is used at fighting such enemies and wouldn't be surprised or overwhelmed by a similar combatant.

How likely is for Puckett to restrain the opponent with her ribbon and how resistant is it?
I think wrapping up Balrog is her best wincon, assuming the ribbon is hard enough to not being snapped.
Tho I want to say that Balrog has also fought Birdie, who basically does the same with his chains, so he isn't new at facing such strategy.

Back