• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Scaling Upgrades

I believe the scaling between 8-B and Low 7-C for the Baki profiles are rather flawed, so I will need to clear things up.

1) Kaioh Retsu should be Low 7-C for the current arc.

From Chapter 95 of Baki: Son of Ogre, he can take a hit, and deal lasting attacks against Pickle.

2) This means that Musashi's durability should also be Small Town level, with scaling.

3) In turn, those who hurt Musashi, such as Hanayama and Orochi, should be Low 7-C as well. It makes sense, as the former stalled Pickle once, and both also managed to deal a small wound to Yujiro.

4) Katsumi should also be Low 7-C as well, he too, put up a decent fight against Pickle.

I will give a link to Retsu and Katsumi's fight with Pickle.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-22343/chapter/mrs-chapter-22438

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-22343/chapter/mrs-chapter-22468

Nobody outside of Katsumi's true Mach fist which is a move he can only pull out once should scale to Low 7-C. Retsu made Pickle tear up by hitting his eyes but other than that no lasting damage occurred at all. This was also an extremely casual Pickle. The most causal he had ever been. Pickle showed more power against Katsumi and showed a hint of his full power against Jack. But even then he one shot Jack after showing a hint of his full power.

Katsumi could have a Low 7-C rating for his true Mach fist as it did cause some pain to Pickle despite being very minor in the end. But physically no ratings should change for anyone.

The 8-B's can stay the same in my opinion as they were scaled to being superior to the lightning feat.

That is not how things works, if they were like, 10,9 or somethings Tons, they could, but since the calc is not near 8-B, they will probalby be High 8-C, maybe with a +

What exactly made the calc lower anyway? Theres no reason the lightning shouldn't be the same 5 billion joules it's always been on this website.

Also what are you talking about the feat is almost 10 tons. The 5 second version is the one we used last time. All I see is a flawed re calc and trying to change the accepted timeframe for no reason

Ummm, the new one was evaluated with a new vallue for the energy of a Lightning, the time frame doesn't matter for me, but Calc Group members chose that one, that is the same one who maked the calc way back

Ok so the calc gets a yield of 9.56 tons. I still see no issue saying that the Baki mid tiers are over 11 tons

Well that's ludicrous. The timeframe should be far above 5 seconds at the very least. 3 seconds is way too quick of a time for how the chapter presented the feat.

Sketchy about 5? The chapter shows people staring in shock at Yujiro for a prolonged period of time. I guess if everyone else agrees it's 3 we can use that end, but I defiantly will argue for 5 as it fits the feat better imo.

Yes, it is best if you talk with DMUA directly about it.

So we are using the 3 second timeframe for sure now.

The 8-B's will now scales to At least High 8-C and the At least 8-B's will just be 8-B for being far superior. Just like before I have no issue doing the downgrades just give me a day or so to start as I am busy atm.

I think that the At least ones would "At least High 8-C, possibly 8-B". This is how they were back then

Can somebody summarise the situation here for me?

Baki 8-Bs will be "High 8-C" or "At least High 8-C", and the At least 8-Bs will be"At Least High 8-C, possibly 8-B"

Anyway, i think that some folks on Discord don't agree with that, and they think that all of them should be Low 7-C, and Yujiro and the others to be At least Low 7-C. They might come here to argue about that

Can you summarise the arguments for the downgrade as well?

Okay. As long as it has been accepted by the calc group it can probably be used.

Back