• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ayoama Laser = LS?

In chapter 337 it is said that Toru's body is capable of refracting light. Wouldn't that be proof that Aoyama's Lazer is really natural?

Maybe there should be a discussion rule about Aoyama's laser. Or maybe a note on the verse page to explain why Aoyama having a Lightspeed Laser isn't happening. This discussion has been brought up for years, ever since Thirteen stated that her Black Hole Quirk also sucks in light when sucking in Aoyama's laser.

I'd like to point out that other projectiles are comparable to Aoyama's laser speed. Lightspeed tape and acid confirmed?

Aoyama's laser cannot be lightspeed. These characters have shown feats and struggled with speeds vastly below even Lightning Speed. Actually they're blitzed by lightning, while characters like Mina are shown to dodge Aoyama's Laser in the Sports Festival. And characters like Nine, Chimera, and Slice have been show to react to his Laser after it was fired at them but before it reached them. Nine would be FTL in fact, despite his natural lightning attack being impossible for them to dodge.

But note: Aoyama's laser doesn't fit the requirements needed to be lightspeed. As being reflected by a supernatural method doesn't really mean much, and just being reflective by a natural method isn't enough to be considered lightspeed. If they said his laser was made of photons that'd be different. Or that it moved at lightspeed.

If it was lightspeed it'd be an outlier, as they clearly aren't that fast. Though it doesn't meet the requirements of this wiki anyway.

Maybe there should be a discussion rule about Aoyama's laser. Or maybe a note on the verse page to explain why Aoyama having a Lightspeed Laser isn't happening. This discussion has been brought up for years, ever since Thirteen stated that her Black Hole Quirk also sucks in light when sucking in Aoyama's laser.

I'd like to point out that other projectiles are comparable to Aoyama's laser speed. Lightspeed tape and acid confirmed?

Aoyama's laser cannot be lightspeed. These characters have shown feats and struggled with speeds vastly below even Lightning Speed. Actually they're blitzed by lightning, while characters like Mina are shown to dodge Aoyama's Laser in the Sports Festival. And characters like Nine, Chimera, and Slice have been show to react to his Laser after it was fired at them but before it reached them. Nine would be FTL in fact, despite his natural lightning attack being impossible for them to dodge.

But note: Aoyama's laser doesn't fit the requirements needed to be lightspeed. As being reflected by a supernatural method doesn't really mean much, and just being reflective by a natural method isn't enough to be considered lightspeed. If they said his laser was made of photons that'd be different. Or that it moved at lightspeed.

If it was lightspeed it'd be an outlier, as they clearly aren't that fast. Though it doesn't meet the requirements of this wiki anyway.
I think a note would be better a discussion rule seems unnecessary

It's actually explained or referred to as light on at least three different occasions that I'm aware of.
But it doesn't move at light speed.

It's actually explained or referred to as light on at least three different occasions that I'm aware of.
But it doesn't move at light speed.
It's not because it's called "light" that I opened the topic but because they argue that light if refracted would prove to be Natural.

It's not because it's called "light" that I opened the topic but because they argue that light if refracted would prove to be Natural.
Sure, but in Aoyama's case, his naval laser could fit all other categories VsBattle uses for light, but we have blatant examples of it moving at far slower speeds.

Back