• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Awesomeverse Wiki Addition - Discussion Thread

Yeah, AVGN having a Low 1-C key for when he fights Death Mwauthzyx is legit. And actually, the game the Nerd got sucked into was stated to be an entire virtual universe. AVGN also does have a Low 2-C feat in his Earthbound video by becoming "One with the Universe". The Nerd fighting the Giant Claw is also a blatant Massively FTL+ speed feat given the Giant Claw is capable of Intergalactic flight.

"And actually, the game the Nerd got sucked into was stated to be an entire universe"

Do you mind showing me where?

Yeah, I wouldn't use the joke to upgrade anyone to Class G. But has ripped of Bug's Bunny's head, which is Class 5. He's also ripped out a Spinal Cord in his MJ Mythologies Sub-Zero review. But ripping a human looking Spinal cord out of an N64 cartridge seems more like an awkward gag. Would have been Class K if it was legit, but probably not. Class 5 is solid though.

@Andy, I'll have to dig for it, again. But I believe the Nerd calls it an alternate Universe in his video.

Wait, you are talking about AVGN adventures right? Why would it being called a universe in the videos be proof? Is it canon to them or something?

Yes, the videos, movie, and game are all canon to the Cinemassacre Verse. I'm also pretty sure the Nerd would know about the lore of his own game.

Was the game even created by him or under his supervision? I could see the movie being canon based on what I know about it, but what evidence does the game have?

It was given the Nerd Seal of Approval by James Rolfe himself. The Cinemassacre website did mention about Fred Fuchs actually being a canon character and is the official CEO of LJN toys. The game was made by Freakzone games and published by Screwattack. Though the 2nd one is published by Roosterteeth. And the games are canon, but he does have noticeably different showings in power than his main series counterpart. Which is why I planned to give him different keys.

What's the relationship between Freakzone games/Screw Attack and the Cinemassacre or rather what role did Cinemassacre have in the game'so prodiction?

The Angry Video Game Nerd has been part of Screwattack for a long time, and has also been involved with some of their shows and conventions as well. Though, Screwattack has officially been sold to Rooster Teeth now. But they're in collaboration with Cinemassacre and help James produce and sell merchandise. This includes DVDs, video games, ect. The Nerd has commented on the AVGN Adventures game and said it was an awesome expansion of AVGN's lore. He didn't develop it himself, but he did say he wanted to be surprised by it and that the main reason he did a review on it was to incorporate it into the Cinemassacre Verse.

Well that seems like pretty good evidence

I would still like to see the statement about it being a universe though

Ya know, seeing how he sorta scales to Giygas and creating Magicant via touching the TOTU...It really makes me wonder if we should give the nerd the Chosen one treatment by giving him Passive Fate/Probability Manipulation.

Honestly, it's probably better if someone else does the Nerd draft, because I don't know him that well.

I already have a draft on my Sandbox, but it does need some polishing.

There are a few things in my draft I think are kind of important. Also, I definitely wouldn't scale the first key to Giygas.

Looks solid good job on it, but i may have some ideas on powers that could be added, can i copypaste you're draft and edit it?

He's comparable to Giygas when merged with Magicant, and the AVGN version of Giygas is still described as being a Universal destroyer. And merging with Magicant does still describe the Nerd as being One with the Universe. Which is a pretty blatant Low 2-C feat regardless. Not comparing him to actual Giygas directly, but Cinemassacre Giygas is not really much different than actual Giygas.

@LightinAnt, sure, go ahead.

Think you still need spatial manipulation. Additionally, you should separate what powers he has in each key with tabbers.

It looks pretty good so far, though a little iffy with a few minor abilities but will get to those later.

I added the spatial manip and a tabber for equipment or otherwise stuff that he just uses once or twice in other episodes. Also just realised this but AVGN has crazy Explosion manip, because he wished every Alladin deck enhancer game to explode on the planet

That was technically more so the Genie that did it, but it is an impressive feat none of the less.

AVGN should probably get Fusionism and Space-Time Manipulation via the Magicant feat, and most likely Non corporeality if he's able to fuse with his own realm.

Honestly, considering the appearance of so many real world fictional characters, we should add this note.

Note: Despite the large number of fictional characters in the Awesomeverse that originate from separate works, these are almost always the result of applications of Toon Force, Reality Warping, Subjective Reality, Immersion, or Plot Manipulation that are in turn a result of character powers or cosmic events. Therefore, characters that appear should not be scaled to the original versions and are not indicative of being a Fan Work.

Back