• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

avatar (james cameron) discussion thread

a discussion thread for the avatar movie series.

so what do you guys think about the movie avatar. (was the movie great, were the heroes right or were the villains right, Were the na'vi the actual bad guys)

also what do you think about the new avatar movies coming up?

do you support the verse page i made for it?

With the remastered rerelease currently in theaters and The Way of Water just months away, it's probably a good time to start reevaluating this verse (I was going to start a new thread, but I found this one first)

From what I can tell, the Na'vi and avatars should be at least 9-C, potentially 9-B, with most creatures of Pandora being around that same range. One of these days, I'll probably have to look into the comics to see if there's anything noteworthy there.

Also, the Dragon Assault Ship apparently has a statement in the Activist Survival Guide tie-in book of being able to destroy an area the size of Manhattan in six seconds with maximum weapons payload, so that's something. I don't think anything else would scale though.

Some random pieces of information from the official Pandorapedia guide:

Na'vi are roughly four times stronger than an average human, with the average male standing at 3 meters in height and weighing 210 kg, and the average female standing at 2.8 meters and weighing 190 kg.

Direhorses: over 4.25 meters long, up to four meters in height, and are considerably larger than any Earth horse, and can run up to 95 kilometers per hour.

Viperwolves: more than 1.5 meters long, 0.7 meters tall, have a great sense vision and smell, and can sense prey from up to eight kilometers away. Their jaws can also exert four kilograms of pressure per square centimeter, allowing them to crush bone or stone.

Thanators: can reach more than 5.5. meters long, up to 2.5 meters tall, are believed to be the apex land predator of Pandora, and the speed of its neck and jaw strike is as swift as a camera shutter. Depending on atmospheric conditions, it can detect prey up to thirteen kilometers away.

The Hammerhead Titanothere: six meters in height, eleven meters long. is nearly twice the size of an African elephant, but much faster. It can smash trees and can withstand attacks from others of its kind, as well as thanators and leonopteryx.

Mountain Banshees: wingspan of up to twelve meters. Due to the biochemistry of their muscle tissue, generate nearly twice the force per pound of muscle as terrestrial flying animals such as bats and birds. Their secondary eyes give them enhanced vision. They have a diving speed of almost 140 knots.

The Great Leonopteryx: Wingspan can exceed thirty meters. Was known to attack aircraft and have jaws strong enough to cleave a mountain banshee midflight. A fight between two of them lasted over three hours and ended with both mortally wounding each other. No other creatures pose a threat to it.

The AMP Suit: 4.205 meters high, 2.83 meters wide. Weighs roughly 1,700 kilos, depending on options. Equipped with shoulder-slung and detachable GAU-90 thirty millimeter cannon; linked ammo belt runs through flexible feed chute. Optional flamethrower, ceramic knife. Can punch through a tree trunk, lift a half ton cargo crate, or rapidly build prefab units without a construction crew. Its cannon obliterates anything in its targeting sights with a rain of armor-piercing rounds, at a 250 round per minute cyclic rate of fire. Has a impact-resistant glass-polymer laminate canopy. The suit can operate at medium power for up to eight hours on a full fuel load. A high energy-density fuel cell provides a back-up energy source for up to two hours of use. Servo-motor system increases the driver's physical strength by an average factor of fifteen times. The hands can exert a grip of roughly 150 kilograms per square centimeter-- enough pressure to crush a metal pipe or smash through a brick wall.

Movie is coming out later this month so I want this verse to exist

Anyways, the Na’vi seem to be around 9-C, probably 9-B since Jake Sulley destroyed the Bulldozer cameras with some of the creatures being higher into 9-B. The war ships seem to be 9-A with missile explosions and such

Back