• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Autism Awareness Thread

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Well, it's Autism Awareness Month and I've been thinking. There are a surprising amount of people on this wiki who are on the Autism/Aspergers Spectrum. Myself included. So, why not dedicate a thread to them?

Think of this as the Autism Pride thread. Here, we can network with other people about our disability, recommend support groups, talk about representation, and just overall share experiences and stories. Whether you need advice, want to know more about the spectrum, or just want someone to relate to, this thread has all of your needs accounted for.

Guess I'll get some discussion going. How do you feel Autism/Aspergers representation should be done in the media?

I think it's cool when it's portrayed, or when there's a character on the spectrum. I know a lot of people make a fuss about accurate/realistic portrayal but honestly there's so much variance within the spectrum anyway that I don't particularly mind one way or another.

Well it's not April anymore but idc.

"I think it's cool when it's portrayed, or when there's a character on the spectrum. I know a lot of people make a fuss about accurate/realistic portrayal but honestly there's so much variance within the spectrum anyway that I don't particularly mind one way or another."

This is based.

I think autism should be split up into multiple disorders (like it used to be) instead of being amalgamated into one thing since "different levels" kind of end up covering very different symptoms. It's also harmful as most "activism" or "representation" only accounts for those with HFA.

Also how do I see a thread's tags in the new forum? I don't know how I immediately got from a Zark shitpost to this.

Back