• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
This is most likely a stomp, but I'm bored, so I decided to take a risk with this one.

Austin Theory vs Gon Freecss

9-B Gon will be used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in a wrestling ring (no weapons!)

Who wins?

Austin Theory:

Gon Freecss: 4 (Charmander, Pika, Random, Pepper)

Inconclusive:

13214.gif
AVvXsEiK33KtQH89j6UeW-D9_fbfJ2dK1Z6_HEq-Koszw25Foziva-_JG_QmsCF122Q8wvMsfbudKSJlviZLvnr1F1TyVcKuvT0MwcwpUtSSiYV-AU1uCMvj3O5M8d6SDPVVMWbWgqfuym1YFqK0rk2jEz-SDbqLgEbOGuKYrcU9XpmvhcBZ22zYNteoTgyJmQ=s320

Last edited:
Austin Theory: 299.77 KJ, higher with Ataxia, ATL, and A-Town Down

Gon Freecss
: 174 KJ?

Theory holds a ~1.7x AP advantage.

Anyways if you want an actual answer Gon’s Analytical Prediction shuts Theory’s everything down I’m pretty sure, though wouldn’t hurt to contact 1 or 2 HxH supporters to double check

Anyways if you want an actual answer Gon’s Analytical Prediction shuts Theory’s everything down I’m pretty sure, though wouldn’t hurt to contact 1 or 2 HxH supporters to double check
I don't think his Analytical Predict is that OP.

I mean, yeah, his AP lets him predict the movements of people faster than him, but speed is equalized here, and Theory has fought and defeated people faster than him with skill alone.

I actually contacted multiple supporters lmao.

I don't think his Analytical Predict is that OP.

I mean, yeah, his AP lets him predict the movements of people faster than him, but speed is equalized here, and Theory has fought and defeated people faster than him with skill alone.
Gon automatically adjusts and increases his strength, speed and skill overtime to match his opponent mid-fight, so any worthwhile stat advantages Theory has will have a limited life-span, and Analytical Prediction only shuts him down futher

Gon automatically adjusts and increases his strength, speed and skill overtime to match his opponent mid-fight, so any worthwhile stat advantages Theory has will have a limited life-span, and Analytical Prediction only shuts him down futher
I mean, Theory has 3 finishers, plus he's hella versatile...

Let's just wait for HxH supporters.

Also, if Gon can at best match his opponent, then how is it anything significant? Or am I just missing something here?

So that means Gon can just be equal to Theory, but not superior? That shouldn't be a massive problem.

I will be frank. This is far from being a stomp.

Gon's skill in this key is not nearly as impressive as his later showings, unlike Killua who had this kind of training since he was a tod. Still, his accelerated development mid fight should still be at play here, I say Gon wins overtime, but I'm not too sure since I know little about his opponent.

I will be frank. This is far from being a stomp.

Gon's skill in this key is not nearly as impressive as his later showings, unlike Killua who had this kind of training since he was a tod. Still, his accelerated development mid fight should still be at play here, I say Gon wins overtime, but I'm not too sure since I know little about his opponent.
Okay, bet. This can actually be a fight.

Are you willing to read an entire essay of how skilled Theory is?

So that means Gon can just be equal to Theory, but not superior? That shouldn't be a massive problem.
He’s superior to Theory in anything he is already superior in, over time he will level the disadvantages

So if he starts with some advantages and some disadvantages, he will keep the advantages but overtime level the playing field in areas where he has disadvantages

He’s superior to Theory in anything he is already superior in, over time he will level the disadvantages

So if he starts with some advantages and some disadvantages, he will keep the advantages but overtime level the playing field in areas where he has disadvantages
So they just become even then? That's not nearly as OP as I thought it was (we could've actually added Gon to a 9-B tourney without any issues).

Well, for starters, Austin Theory was a bodybuilding champion at the age of 17. Here's an image of him in that bodybuilding competition. Keep in mind he was only 17 at the time. Now that he’s a full time professional wrestler at the age of 25, there’s no doubt in my mind that Theory is in full peak condition, making him physically superior to a lot of the wrestlers in the roster, as well as one of the most athletically gifted.

Theory was stated by commentary to have been blessed with all of the tools an athlete can hope for, and is a true prodigy in the world of professional wrestling. This already shows the massive amounts of potential/skill Theory has.

To start things off with a bang, there’s this new wrestler called Axiom. In this promo, he’s billed as someone who can quickly analyze and react to anything thanks to his gift for mathematics, which he uses to defeat wrestlers in the ring. Yes, this guy uses mathematical formulas while in the middle of a match to defeat his opponents. Keep in mind, this guy struggles with NXT wrestlers, while Austin Theory has fought on par with and defeated some of the best wrestlers in the business, so Theory is likely far superior to the likes of Axiom, which is already extremely impressive in itself.

Theory on his debut NXT match was able to fight on par with Roderick Strong. Strong has over 20 years of experience as a wrestler, and was nicknamed The Master of the Backbreaker, due to his ability to constantly target the opponent's back in wrestling matchups.

Theory was also able to hold his own against the likes of Aleister Black, who was trained in Pencak Silat and Kickboxing from the ages 9 to 15.

Austin Theory defeated Ricochet in only a couple of minutes. Ricochet is notorious for using his absurd levels of acrobatics and quick reflexes to blitz, overwhelm, and defeat his opponents.

Theory was able to give Bobby Lashley a good run for his money. Bobby Lashley has a very good mixed martial arts background, having a record of 15-2, defeating the likes of Joshua Franklin in 41 seconds (TKO), and Mike Cook in 24 seconds (Submission). He even defeated James Thompson, who at that point, had over a decade of experience in mixed martial arts. Lashley defeated him in 54 seconds via TKO.

Theory was also able to give AJ Styles a good run for his money. AJ Styles is the same guy who was able to beat John Cena clean. Cena is the same guy who looked like was about to beat Brock Lesnar before getting interrupted. Brock Lesnar was an Amateur Wrestler, and a Mixed Martial Artist career, which he uses, along with his Amateur Wrestling background to decimate his opponents. Lesnar had a record of 106-5 in his 4 years of college wrestling at the NCAA, as well as winning the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship.

After a hard-hitting, physical match, Theory was able to defeat Dolph Ziggler clean. Ziggler has a great amateur wrestling background. Ziggler set the record for most pins in St. Edward High School with 82 pins. When he was a wrestler at Kent State University, he at one point, held the record for most career wins in the team's history, earning 121 wins (the record was soon broken, but this still says a lot for how skilled Theory is).

Theory was able to trade blows with the likes of Drew McIntyre. McIntyre is the same guy who had wars with the likes of Sheamus. In fact, while participating in a grueling ‘Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook’ match, McIntyre was even capable of kicking out of The Brogue Kick. The Brogue Kick is one of the most dangerous moves in all of Pro Wrestling. A referee suffered chronic neck pain when hit with the move. The Brogue Kick was stated to cause extreme nerve damage and tingling in the extremities of the victim. A move this dangerous was something that Drew McIntyre kicked out of, and Theory traded blows with McIntyre.

Theory was able to defeat Finn Balor for the United States Championship, becoming the youngest US Champion in WWE history. Now here's where I go talking about Finn Balor's skill.

Roman Reigns has fought against Brock Lesnar on numerous occasions, and has even won 2 of their battles. He's also defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, becoming the 2nd person to do this. Now, let me show you some skill feats for Lesnar and Taker.

The Undertaker is considered the greatest pure striker in Sports Entertainment history. Even the likes of Kurt Angle was scared to take a punch from him.

If ya don't know Kurt Angle, he's notorious for winning a gold medal with a broken neck, who is this skilled, and was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

The Undertaker was undefeated at Wrestlemania for 21 straight years, so that also says alot, especially considering that Undertaker defeated some of the best in the business to keep his streak intact (Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and many more).

The Undertaker also defeated Goldberg (this match was so shit, but just try to ignore that). Goldberg had a winning streak of 173-0 at one point, so even more impressive.

Finn Balor also defeated Pete Dunne, who's fighting style revolves around brawling, stiff strikes, submission grappling, and bending of his opponents fingers (Small Joint Manipulation), which will leave someone extremely handicapped in a fight, especially since wrestling is all about striking, grappling and holding, and you can't do that without functioning fingers. Pete Dunne was also the same guy who was able to solo the entire Undisputed Era by himself, and the group has been regarded as one of the most dominant factions in WWE history. The group ended up winning all of the gold in NXT at one point.

To pour more salt into the wound, Andre the Giant was undefeated for 15 straight years.

Hulk Hogan was able to defeat Andre the Giant, breaking his undefeated 15 year streak.

The Undertaker was able to defeat Hulk Hogan on two different occasions.

Now, I wouldn't say that Finn is quite on this level of skill, but he was able to hold his own against Roman Reigns, who's defeated The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar, who scale to all of this, so he should at best, be comparable to it. Not exactly equal, but for sure comparable. Theory should also be comparable to this level of skill, as he defeated Balor on numerous occasions.
@GodlyCharmander

Last edited:
Well, Gon can close the AP gap with his RPL and his AP would make it difficult for Austin to get a good hit or hold of him. So I'm leaning towards Gon. Though once Gon does get caught by Theory, Theory can overpower him with his superior lifting strength.

Well, Gon can close the AP gap with his RPL and his AP would make it difficult for Austin to get a good hit or hold of him. So I'm leaning towards Gon. Though once Gon does get caught by Theory, Theory can overpower him with his superior lifting strength.
I'd much rather wait for arguments from HxH supporters instead of making arguments for people we aren't that knowledgeable about.

I'll gloss over the "He beat a person with X years of experience" and "He beat a person with a 1000-0 winning streak" because while these are skill feats, they are not tangible in the slightest. Instead I'll focus on the matches where he actually showcased his skills, one by one.

I believe this is dwarfed by Gon's "one in ten million talent" statement. Gon also had incredible physical prowess at the age of 11, so we can equalize this. Zetsu is a technique that takes years for your average person to learn, and Gon just learned by himself without being taught.

Ricochet is notorious for using his absurd levels of acrobatics and quick reflexes to blitz, overwhelm, and defeat his opponents.

I feel like "absurd" is an over-exaggeration of what you've shown here, it's pretty standard acrobatics, and for Anime standards, it's not really impressive. For Gon, even less, his Analytical Prediction and Acrobatics are good enough to simply dodge unpredictable tops for an extended period of time relying on nothing but his instincts. They have patterns so complex that even the creator of said tops cannot tell which direction they'll go, yet, Gon can dodge those no problem. Certainly more impressive than using formulas mid battle.

But that's it, I don't have any direct comparisons to make. Instead I'll just state Gon's skill level. (In addition to all I've stated above)
↓↓↓​
Gon is an extremely skilled fighter even when ignoring his Nen abilities, he is notorious for using his opponents own mentality against them, luring them into traps or even forcing them to dodge a certain way to get them clean. His intelligence in battle is quite high, as he is able to figure out the logistics behind a certain move after looking at it once or twice, being able to come up with a counter on the spot. Using nothing but his strength and skill, he managed to outsmart Hisoka, who himself is a Battle Genius. Hisoka managed to fool his opponent into thinking he has regeneration using his gum powers, yet, Gon was able to outsmart him. Gon also managed to deal with much, MUCH faster Opponents using his abilities, going as far as reading their moves with ease using his luring tactics. Thus, unless Theory's attacks are unpredictable or too complex, Gon is likely able to predict his moves, and use tactics to keep the battle going, using his agility with a smaller body to slowly but surely catching up to Theory's attack potency, which is actually less than 2.7x, since Gon massively upscales from the 147 KJ feat. It is also notable that Gon's speed and strength grows at extraordinary speeds, so while his strength catches up to Theory, his speed will eventually leave him in the dust.

For these reasons, I personally believe Gon will eventually have the upperhand and win.

Yeah Gon FRA, just an issue of Anime generally bring a better medium at portraying ridiculous shit when compared to what is essentially a play

Gon is an extremely skilled fighter even when ignoring his Nen abilities, he is notorious for using his opponents own mentality against them, luring them into traps or even forcing them to dodge a certain way to get them clean
This is cool and all, but Theory's Social Influencing does make him a very annoying opponent to face, as he's known for getting in the head of his opponents, which causes them to do something they normally wouldn't do. This can very well play into Theory's advantage.

His intelligence in battle is quite high, as he is able to figure out the logistics behind a certain move after looking at it once or twice, being able to come up with a counter on the spot.
So after looking at a move once or twice, he's able to find the logistics behind it? That's impressive, but Theory has such a versatile moveset that I doubt this'll play a factor in the long run.

Using nothing but his strength and skill, he managed to outsmart Hisoka, who himself is a Battle Genius. Hisoka managed to fool his opponent into thinking he has regeneration using his gum powers, yet, Gon was able to outsmart him
This is fair, but Theory has defeated people who are considered veterans in the WWE verse with sheer skill alone. Wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler and Finn Balor are only scratching the surface, and I already showed you how skilled they are.

I got no counter argument to this. This is something Theory will struggle with. Theory has defeated faster opponents (I could even make an argument that the opponents Theory defeated other wrestlers who could blitz Theory), but I highly doubt it's on the level of Gon. I'll concede on this.

Thus, unless Theory's attacks are unpredictable or too complex, Gon is likely able to predict his moves,
Here's Theory's entire moveset. Look at this and tell me whether or not his moves can be easily predicted by Gon. Plus, keep in mind that Theory does have Instinctive Reactions, so being able to hit him or even put him down for good is a lot easier said than done, as Theory can fight on pure instinct. And since this fight is taking place in a wrestling ring, Theory will have the homefield advantage.

and use tactics to keep the battle going, using his agility with a smaller body to slowly but surely catching up to Theory's attack potency, which is actually less than 2.7x, since Gon massively upscales from the 147 KJ feat
Theory can use his versatile moveset to make it harder for Gon to predict his moves. Theory has already faced and defeated people with a much smaller body and agility. It ain't nothing new to him.

It is also notable that Gon's speed and strength grows at extraordinary speeds, so while his strength catches up to Theory, his speed will eventually leave him in the dust.
This is by far Theory's biggest issue in this matchup. Theory will have the to end the fight quickly if he wants to win, as sooner or later, Gon will end up blitzing him, and he'll have no chance in winning.

Luckily, Theory has 3 different moves he can hit on Gon to end the fight before he ends up losing.

His Ataxia, ATL, and A-Town Down are all KO moves that when hit, will without a doubt, take out Gon.

This is cool and all, but Theory's Social Influencing does make him a very annoying opponent to face, as he's known for getting in the head of his opponents, which causes them to do something they normally wouldn't do. This can very well play into Theory's advantage.
Yeah, I do not think shit talking (or an equivalent) will have great effects on Gon given he is oblivious to most insults or just doesn't care about them. His own stupidity will be his savior with this skill. The only thing that works with Gon is talking about mathematics.
So after looking at a move once or twice, he's able to find the logistics behind it? That's impressive, but Theory has such a versatile moveset that I doubt this'll play a factor in the long run.
Problem is, Theory cannot let it get to the long run. This will definitely play a factor into making the match longer.
This is fair, but Theory has defeated people who are considered veterans in the WWE verse with sheer skill alone. Wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler and Finn Balor are only scratching the surface, and I already showed you how skilled they are.
They have very high tier levels of skill, but Hisoka is completely out of their league. I'd have to make an entire essay on him, but basically he can trick his opponents into thinking he can bend reality using nothing but tricks and skill like a magician, some insane stuff. Gon can keep up with that. I'll showcase a few examples if you want.

Gon's skill should also be above Canary who managed to beat a Blacklist Hunter (who should dwarf any non-hunter martial artist in skill and strength) and 100 men at the same time at the age of 10.
Here's Theory's entire moveset. Look at this and tell me whether or not his moves can be easily predicted by Gon. Plus, keep in mind that Theory does have Instinctive Reactions, so being able to hit him or even put him down for good is a lot easier said than done, as Theory can fight on pure instinct. And since this fight is taking place in a wrestling ring, Theory will have the homefield advantage.
Uhm, yes, I'd say Gon would be able to read these like a book, most of the moveset are "basic" (for Anime) Melee attacks. (There's "slap to the face" as a move for darn's sake).
Of course, instinctive reaction will make the fight longer, and Gon would have to look out for grappling attacks, but overall, I don't see him getting hit too often once he realizes his opponent is stronger.
Theory can use his versatile moveset to make it harder for Gon to predict his moves. Theory has already faced and defeated people with a much smaller body and agility. It ain't nothing new to him.
I disagree with the first statement, his "versatility" comes down to "has X amount of punches and kicks", a lot of them have a long start up too, like the European Uppercut.

Also, did they have enough agility to disappear? I think Gon has this on the bag.
This is by far Theory's biggest issue in this matchup. Theory will have the to end the fight quickly if he wants to win, as sooner or later, Gon will end up blitzing him, and he'll have no chance in winning.

Luckily, Theory has 3 different moves he can hit on Gon to end the fight before he ends up losing.

His Ataxia, ATL, and A-Town Down are all KO moves that when hit, will without a doubt, take out Gon.
Eeeh, let's talk about Gon's superhuman stamina for a second. He managed to take a beating from someone several times stronger than him for three hours when said person could easily break his arm, and speedblitz him. I don't think a "very strong move" will just knock Gon out, he is insanely resilient.

Honestly, I don't see Theory winning this (should've chose Jericho).

I'd say Gon wins this mid-diff.

Theory does have the advantage initially, but I highly doubt he'd finish the fight quick enough before Gon's RPL and AD start overwhelming him.

Not to mention using his finishers aren't a guaranteed win, too.

Good news, this match is now a stomp. Gon has a thread to upgrade him to 4.3 MegaJoules, and Class 10 LS, meaning he will fold him back savage
That's funny.

WWE might be getting upgraded to Wall+ (specifically 15-something MJ). We actually have multiple calcs that will make the WWE verse Wall+

Good for you on getting Gon upgraded!

Pardon?... Restraining Class 25 Characters means you're Class 25 yourself
WWE is a weird verse tbf.

Characters who are clearly depicted to be weaker LS wise are still able to restrain the stronger opponents, though it's clear as day that they're weaker.

That's kinda the whole point of being a wrestler, especially if you're a technician. Submission moves are your specialty.

If you're still confused, here's a thread further explaining it.

Back