• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Austin Theory Accelerated Development CRT

Anyways this is the justification for AD
at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to.
For this to be AD, you would need to prove that Austin is learning above a normal pace for other WWE fighters. Without that it's just skill rather than AD.

Anyways this is the justification for AD

For this to be AD, you would need to prove that Austin is learning above a normal pace for other WWE fighters. Without that it's just skill rather than AD.
Most of the time, when wrestlers turn the tides of the fight, it's more so momentum changing than flat out AD.

Refer to what Pika said here:

Without trying to be funny, are you sure that’s not just momentum changing? Keeping a man down is a hell of a lot easier than getting them down in the first place.

Think of it this way.

2 Football teams (that being Soccer for you Americans) go out and begin a match. We’ll call them the red and blue team

The Blue team may go 1-0 up, and then 2-0 up. Half-Time. Game looks pretty much over, Reds look like they have nothing in the tank.

The Red Team manager gives a half-time team talk and inspires the team, makes a few minor tactical tweaks maybe, and sends them back out. 2 minutes into the Second Half the Red Team fluke a goal despite not looking much better. 2-1. But from there you fancy the Red Team to make it 2-2, or even 2-3, because they now have momentum. The Blue Team are shell shocked and demoralised, as the Red Team were in the First Half.

Momentum matters a LOT in nearly all sports, WWE emulates that
However, in the OP, I've shown many statements that quite literally imply that Theory was getting better as the fight went on.

However, in the OP, I've shown many statements that quite literally imply that Theory was getting better as the fight went on.
But that wasn't my point there
at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to.
You need to prove that the character is improving at a fast rate than a normal person in their setting to get AD.

You owe for this one.

The comparison to other franchises and series is unnecessary. Whataboutism isnt a argument

I agree with this being Accelerated Development. If Character A goes from getting beat down by Character B (Especially when B has statements of superiority in combat related categorys) to matching Character B in combat, that is a picturebook example of AD. A Pretty basic one, but still.
Refer to what Witch said here as well.

Theory went from being "predictable" to matching his opponent in a very short time frame.

Im not going to argue this extensivly, as this is clearly not my job, but the way i see and understood it is that Austin got his ass handed to him at the beginning of the fight BECAUSE he was both less skilled and experienced. Saying that he matched his opponent through skill rather than combat growth dosnt seem correct to me.

Rather, minor AD for skill seems obvious, at least for me. At the beginning of the fight Austin was losing due to skill, mid fight he was matching his opponent, so I think it is fair to say that he grew in skill enough to be on equal grounds.

Thats enough Men in Spandex for me.

Im not going to argue this extensivly, as this is clearly not my job, but the way i see and understood it is that Austin got his ass handed to him at the beginning of the fight BECAUSE he was both less skilled and experienced. Saying that he matched his opponent through skill rather than combat growth dosnt seem correct to me.

Rather, minor AD for skill seems obvious, at least for me. At the beginning of the fight Austin was losing due to skill, mid fight he was matching his opponent, so I think it is fair to say that he grew in skill enough to be on equal grounds.

Thats enough Men in Spandex for me.
Basically what Witch said.

giphy.gif

That AD about to look good on Theory's profile! :devilish:

Don't know if this works, but The Undertaker is stated by commentary to be able to adapt and evolve to many different environments/matches if needed in order to win.
Would like to elaborate on this by saying that adapting to different matchups/environments they've never been in is a pretty common thing in the WWE verse.

Theory is definitely above these basic levels of adaptation, as he can go from being skill stomped to matching his opponent in skill.

Do I have the A-Okay to apply this?

By that I mean ask someone else to apply the AD ability to Theory's profile since the website is blocked on my laptop.

Now that 3 staff members, along with quite a few regular members have agreed to the proposals presented, I think it's okay to this apply AD for Theory.

I (for obvious reasons) can't apply the ability, so I'll have to rely on someone else to do it for me.

I'll make a description to make it easier for that person.

Back