• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack on Titan calculation

1) Titans are lighter than their frames would suggest. So just scaling up a human's mass is likely to give a false value.

2) The calculation says the Colossal Titan that falls on Reiner is partially formed missing its legs. But when the calculation is done the 16.7% value refers to only one leg it should be twice that.

3) The Colossal Titan's proportions wildly different from a normal human's. This may render using human body proportions moot entirely.

Relooking at everything there are other feats and calculations that justify everyone's tiers, so I don't think it would change anything.
I just saw the feat and thought it would be useful to have it either fixed or labeled invalid, assuming there isn't something I am missing that makes it valid.

Okay. No problem.

You can ask @Therefir to modify his blog via his message wall.

1) Titans are lighter than their frames would suggest. So just scaling up a human's mass is likely to give a false value.

2) The calculation says the Colossal Titan that falls on Reiner is partially formed missing its legs. But when the calculation is done the 16.7% value refers to only one leg it should be twice that.

3) The Colossal Titan's proportions wildly different from a normal human's. This may render using human body proportions moot entirely.
The mass used is the canonically given mass of the colossus titan from the guidebook scaled down to account for the lack of limbs

Okay. Then it should be fine.

Should I close this thread?

Eh I'd wait for Rage to respond in case anything else needs to be clarified

The guidebook is basically an entire physics manual regarding attack on titan, it gives explanations like the colossus titans being physiologically different from normal titans hence why they're heavy enough to make craters and shake the ground with their footsteps

Not at the moment as I'm at work, I can post it when I get home

Although I'm not sure why this calculation in particular is an issue as it's a bit feat that the majority of the cast scales above

I was under the assumption they scaled the mass using Bertolt's mass and then adjusting for size.
If it is from a guidebook that's fine for the mass value.

But it is still incorrect because they only took off one leg instead of two.

I corrected the calc taking into account the skinny arms and both legs, I hope it is fine now.

Covid got me so I wouldn't able to help much in the meantime.

Thank you very much for the help. I really hope that you will make a full recovery soon.

Back