• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His base speed is equalized with AS.

But Isshen, a ranged sword technique, isn't equalized. So how's AS reacting to a SOL ranged move?
By attacking first. Since Atomic starts with a speed amp, he can definitely attack before Mifune gets to use the ranged attack. And since reaction speed and attack speed is equalized, it would be quite difficult for Mifune to defend against Atomic Slash.

Except they're starting several meters back due to SBA, and Mifune will start with his ranged technique.

Except they're starting several meters back due to SBA, and Mifune will start with his ranged technique.
Yeah, but the first swing would still go to Atomic and he would have enough time to block and counter with Air Blade. He can perform short dashes with speed amps too in order to close the distance beforehand.

Yeah, but the first swing would still go to Atomic and he would have enough time to block and counter with Air Blade. He can perform short dashes with speed amps too in order to close the distance beforehand.
the first swing would not go to atomic, unless you're telling me that an unquantifiable speed amp is higher than a SOL ranged move

the first swing would not go to atomic, unless you're telling me that an unquantifiable speed amp is higher than a SOL ranged move
Open your eyes. (hehe, saw what I did there?)

Anyways, see it this way:
Their base speed stats are equal and Mifune is in this case only FTL with a ranged attack.
let's take their equal speed to be x.
Atomic starts with (x+ 1) with a speed amp.
So, in the beginning, Atomic does get a headstart. Mifune's ranged attack is FTL, not the speed at which he swings his sword. It's like a person shooting a bullet. The person pressing the finger isn't super-sonic right, but the bullet (ranged attack) is. So, one can attack before they press the trigger.

You didn't get my point at all. I never said that Atomic's speed amp makes him FTL. I just said he can attack him BEFORE Mifune gets the chance to use the ranged blade attack.

So, in the beginning, Atomic does get a headstart. Mifune's ranged attack is FTL, not the speed at which he swings his sword. It's like a person shooting a bullet. The person pressing the finger isn't super-sonic right, but the bullet (ranged attack) is. So, one can attack before they press the trigger.
Ohh I get what your saying.

However I still don't think that's enough to stop Issen, let alone beat Mifune.

Now I already know how skilled AS is, I'm not going to get into him, but I do think Mifune's swordsmanship is being underestimated here.

Mifune is extremely agile and his swordstyle revolves around his speed and agility (as is AS'). His Iaido + speed allowed him to intercept ninjas from using hand seals as shown against Hanzo (not that this really matters in this fight though). He also has extremely keen and sharp senses, being able to anticipate and counter techniques he hasn't seen in a while.

Due to his experience in swordplay, Mifune is able to accurately judge the weaponry skills of his opponent just after a single clash, which in this case is most definitely bound to happen. He's also able to increase his cutting power by channeling his chakra into the sword, or send a wave of chakra (Isshen). He's also able to produce a chakra shockwave that acts like a "get off me move".

So even with AS's minor attack speed advantage, he most likely won't get many hits in due to Mifune's chakra shockwaves, and counterplay Iaido style. As I said before Mifune still will use his Isshen at the beginning, and even if Atomic Samurai manages to get to him before he can use it, he will still find moments to use it, as it's literally a light speed attack.

Ohh I get what your saying.

However I still don't think that's enough to stop Issen, let alone beat Mifune.

Now I already know how skilled AS is, I'm not going to get into him, but I do think Mifune's swordsmanship is being underestimated here.

Mifune is extremely agile and his swordstyle revolves around his speed and agility (as is AS'). His Iaido + speed allowed him to intercept ninjas from using hand seals as shown against Hanzo (not that this really matters in this fight though). He also has extremely keen and sharp senses, being able to anticipate and counter techniques he hasn't seen in a while.

Due to his experience in swordplay, Mifune is able to accurately judge the weaponry skills of his opponent just after a single clash, which in this case is most definitely bound to happen. He's also able to increase his cutting power by channeling his chakra into the sword, or send a wave of chakra (Isshen). He's also able to produce a chakra shockwave that acts like a "get off me move".

So even with AS's minor attack speed advantage, he most likely won't get many hits in due to Mifune's chakra shockwaves, and counterplay Iaido style. As I said before Mifune still will use his Isshen at the beginning, and even if Atomic Samurai manages to get to him before he can use it, he will still find moments to use it, as it's literally a light speed attack.
Yeah, but Mifune isn't going to get the style advantage either as Atomic Samurai has literally taught Iaian the style. So, I'm pretty sure he knows the style in and out except the chakra part. So, Atomic Samurai should be capable of parrying Mifune with similar skill.

Kamikaze has also shown the ability to "read" the aura of strong people. So, I don't think this comparison gets us anywhere.

I think Beeline Slash should be able to get through easily as it concentrates a huge amount power on a single point.

So, Atomic can break through Mifune's defenses as I believe he has massive arsenal of offensive moves.

I'll take the mid-point and say both will get cut by the other. Atomic with Beeline slash and Mifune with his chakra shockwave. It all depends on skill and technique at this point and it's too difficult to compare. This is a difficult matchup. A single exchange will decide the battle.

I'll change my vote to Inconclusive if there are more solid arguments.

Kamikaze has also shown the ability to "read" the aura of strong people. So, I don't think this comparison gets us anywhere.
Yeah I agree, I just thought Mifune was getting downplayed and all, and since no one bothered to bring up ANYTHING for Mifune, I thought I should.

I'll also vote for Inconclusive.

I think I’ll give this one to Atomic Samurai. Though both are powerful swordsman and both fight with the same Iaian style, I believe Atomic Samurai has shown more feats and demonstrated greater proficiency with skill and technique than Mifune. He’s managed to defeat a monsterized Haragiri with ease, who himself was a master swordsman, overpowered G5, a swordsman robot himself who was trying to replicate his technique but failed miserably, could destroy Dragon-level monsters with his Atomic Slash, and taught three powerful disciples.

Though both have attacks with higher speed, the Issen appears to be a single sword stroke (though I could be wrong about that since I don’t really remember Mifune’s feats during the war all that much) while Atomic Samurai’s Atomic Slash is more than a hundred slashes delivered at much higher speeds. Dealing with so many of those slashes would be too much for Mifune, while I think Atomic Samurai could probably survive the Issen with moderate injuries, and Atomic Samurai is still capable of fighting while seriously injured.

This might be invalid now.

The Naruto page is going through revisions and Mifune is currently 7-B+ while i think Atomic is baseline.
Mifune scales to 53.15 megatons

Plus mifune is given his tier via scaling to hanzo who is 7-A so he might get even stronger once the revisions are through.

Atomic samurai upscales 14 megatons. That would make Mifune at least 3.8x stronger than him. Add onto that mifune using SoL slash I don't see AS walking out alive.

Back