• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs Johnny Joestar (1-1-1)

What can Johnny even do
His major win condition is an Act 4 nail bullet, which has some hax to it that effectively one-shots Asta, and has homing properties (although the bullet will begin to target Johnny if Asta makes physical contact with him).

Thankfully, Asta also one-shots via sheer AP difference, so all we have to do is argue about speed, Johnny's willingness to use it immediately, and whether or not verse equalization means that anti-magic is a counter to Infinite Rotation.

His major win condition is an Act 4 nail bullet, which has some hax to it that effectively one-shots Asta, and has homing properties (although the bullet will begin to target Johnny if Asta makes physical contact with him).

Thankfully, Asta also one-shots via sheer AP difference, so all we have to do is argue about speed, Johnny's willingness to use it immediately, and whether or not verse equalization means that anti-magic is a counter to Infinite Rotation.
I think Johnny's attacks are invisible too (not sure if Asta can see it)

Lucky this is vsbw. Or else asta negating everything.also speed isn’t even equal so does asta just blitz? (I didn’t check speed)

Well he could sense the stands but I doubt the homing attacks as it's rotational energy, not life energy
He could sense rocks falling and attacks. Also does Asta have anti magic or anti-energy on here? (If not imma have to make a thread for it 🤦‍♂️) lazy asf tho so i dont know when i would get around to doing it

He could sense rocks falling and attacks. Also does Asta have anti magic or anti-energy on here? (If not imma have to make a thread for it 🤦‍♂️) lazy asf tho so i dont know when i would get around to doing it
Well Asta has anti magic but I doubt it would work on the rotation as it's able to generate Infinite rotational energy. We haven't seen Asta can negate infinite energy

Well Asta has anti magic but I doubt it would work on the rotation as it's able to generate Infinite rotational energy. We haven't seen Asta can negate infinite energy
Infinite or infinitely generating?
Also would CM2 do anything? (I am trying to see abilities to add cause there are a few) should prob ask this on the general discussion page.

Asta can't negate Stands, there are literal gods with magical powers and Stands are way different, also Hamon which is the "energy" power system compared to Stands with are a soul manifestation power or even a mutation produced by a alien disease

The powers are too different, if Asta could negate stands and make then dissappear, then the user would stop existing too as they are connected (in the majority of cases)

Asta is twice as fast and with zetten he speed blitz, even more if he uses forms, Johhny has technically more range with a homing attack that can chase you even in different universes, but Asta can simply do a Thousand of KM slash (and Johhny could escape by doing a dimensional travel technically) but Asta can sense when Johhny appears and strike again while dodging the homing bullet constantly

Also, the bullet negates durability when touching the target? Because Asta could potentially block it, see how his sword don't negate it at all and starts dodging at that time, and that only if Asta decides to block it because with Ki he can feel that the infinity rotation attack is not magic compared to the attacks he normally sense

Mind you, I am still waiting the anime of part 7, so I don't know anything about Johhny appart of Tusk 4 vaguely, but normally Jojo battles are not against people who can fly and have 4 KM range high 6-A attacks

Finally, Asta normally would not go for the kill and would try to speak with his opponent like he did with the elves, Johhny is not a monster like Dante at all (which is when Asta goes for the kill or at least a KO), and he could change Luck with just some words without any knowledge of his past to encourage him to fight finally as a team, Luck have already spent years in the Black Bulls and never developped that sentiment on his own, even with his rivalry with Magna

I don't know how fair this fight is because Jojo characters are not known for they dodging prowess, they normally just insta hax and win or fight people who has close combat range, Asta is sniping Johhny at 4 KM (but know I see the OP provided that they start a 20 M) or precog him

Also, in the hypotetical case that Johhny just shoots and leave the dimension, which I doubht is a standard tactic from him, leaving the fight after using a undogeable attack counts as still fighting? Asta can fight for 3 days straight, Johhny if still in the dimension has to return or he would starve and a stand user who is almost dead makes his stand weaker and unable to fight at 100% capacity

Asta can't negate Stands, there are literal gods with magical powers and Stands are way different, also Hamon which is the "energy" power system compared to Stands with are a soul manifestation power or even a mutation produced by a alien disease
It seems that vsbw has asta power as anti magic so all his abilities are limited to magic. (which isn’t what it is) Asta power is anti energy. He negates magic by negating mana itself , the energy that makes spells usable. Mana is directly stated to not be magic. It is also mentioned that spells work by using life energy unconsciously. As well as the fact that he can negate paladins back to thier original state. (Which would include thier thier soul as that is how they became paladins in the first place) tho I don’t think any of this is on his profile so prob can’t be used. So after I read black clover for the 5th time. I am planning to make a thread for a lot of abilities.
The powers are too different, if Asta could negate stands and make then dissappear, then the user would stop existing too as they are connected (in the majority of cases)
Asta is twice as fast and with zetten he speed blitz, even more if he uses forms, Johhny has technically more range with a homing attack that can chase you even in different universes, but Asta can simply do a Thousand of KM slash (and Johhny could escape by doing a dimensional travel technically) but Asta can sense when Johhny appears and strike again while dodging the homing bullet constantly
I think asta would simply outlast.since I believe he has better stamina.
Also, the bullet negates durability when touching the target? Because Asta could potentially block it, see how his sword don't negate it at all and starts dodging at that time, and that only if Asta decides to block it because with Ki he can feel that the infinity rotation attack is not magic compared to the attacks he normally sense
How fast is the bullet tho? Can he just make the bullet chase him and then it hits Johnny? (Imma have to check asta profile to see what he can use)
Mind you, I am still waiting the anime of part 7, so I don't know anything about Johhny appart of Tusk 4 vaguely, but normally Jojo battles are not against people who can fly and have 4 KM range high 6-A attacks

Finally, Asta normally would not go for the kill and would try to speak with his opponent like he did with the elves, Johhny is not a monster like Dante at all (which is when Asta goes for the kill or at least a KO), and he could change Luck with just some words without any knowledge of his past to encourage him to fight finally as a team, Luck have already spent years in the Black Bulls and never developped that sentiment on his own, even with his rivalry with Magna
Idk what you mean by talking about luck

Idk what you mean by talking about luck
Asta have social influence, he can talk to people and convince them to stop fighting or encourage allies to fight better, he always tried to solve the elves problem first by trying to talk to them, he does not try to do that against devils, the dark triad or paladins because they are evil or mind controlled

Asta have social influence, he can talk to people and convince them to stop fighting or encourage allies to fight better, he always tried to solve the elves problem first by trying to talk to them, he does not try to do that against devils, the dark triad or paladins because they are evil or mind controlled
That comes down to who attacks first tbh

voting Johnny FMOZARERA

Very nice to see Jojo winning against Black Clover
It's quite hard to match Jojo chars in vs matches due to the speed equalized rule. Black clover is one of the few verses that are compatible of fighting Jojo chars due both being mftl speed unequalized

My argument is literally telling that he would starve to death in there and also asked if he even stay there in battle, or does he have any food? Because if NO ONE gives explanation, how are people VOTING FRA?
sheesh, apparently i got you wrong
then i redirect my vote towards Asta, FRA, unfortunately

Anyway, you vote Asta right
I am not voting until a jojo fan can give his opinion of this fight, because I don't know about Johhny (and reading all of his page would be a massive spoiler, I just know the basic stuff), just that with the info presented and a brief reading of his powers, Johhny can one shot but Asta just dodge that and then Johhny can't do anything besides teleporting, which Ki counters

But if Johhny have another way to win and Asta have 0 counters to that I am not aware off then I would of course vote him, but for that I need SOMEONE to give any reasoning at all, for example I also read that golden rotation can also ignore durability, but no one gave any explanation of how that ability could make him win

Back