• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they'd resurrect a bit away

Briefly unable to fight.

How is he hitting pressure point moves on a guy in plate armor?

You can also one shot other Ashen Ones with a variety of things, so Ashen One should be able to pull off something to instakill Ken.

Ki goes through stuff as I said above. He can easily use that.

I think Ken can already do it through armor without Ki though if I remember correctly

Assuming 1 teraton, the peak of High 6-C

First 170% = 1.7 Teratons

Second 170% = 2.89 Teratons

That's assuming best conditions

Meanwhile Ashen One >8.09 Teratons

So at best the AP roughly 2.8x, with at worst probably being about 4-5x

It's basically the exact same considering the notes on the calc above

Though if Ashen One can oneshot comparable guys, I guess he'd have to watch out. Of course, Muso Tensei and Martial Arts skill do make the guy pretty hard to hurt.

I should point out the nameless king has fought in multiple wars and is thousands of years old yet the Ashen One still killed him (and absorbed his soul) so the Ashen even by mid game is pretty skilled

• Edit my auto correct is killing me today

Ashen One can

Just look up some epick Chaos Dagger PVP

shit's broken, yo

Stillwinston said:
Pretty sure Kenshiro has precog, would it be applicable against Ashen One?
Definetly

Reading Aura won't help, but he does get flashes from the future from Muso Tensei

Precog would help, yes.

"(Musō Tensei is made up of nothingness, rendering Kenshiro intangible, and allows him to erase others from existence. It also prevent him from being erased as well, however it will bypass his intangibility"

Like, the erasing others from existence requires a scan.

Well, a guy tried to punch a Muso Tensei user and then got released of the burden of his arm is what I think is the ordeal

I'm retracting my vote I don't know enough about either character to make a call here

• Edit I meant to say I didn't know enough about Kenshiro, I've played dark souls 3 many times

I think what we have here is Incon

Assuming Kenshiro does just erase people that attack him, and I'll assume that wasn't a lie, then Ashen One dies even if they attack from range, since poof

Meanwhile Ashen One just resurrects

If Kenshiro doesn't passively erase, then Ashen One can eventually just start casting magicks at him.

When in Muso Tensei he erases stuff, and he doesn't always use Muso Tensei. It will however come out instinctively if he's in danger

After the first ressurection, Ken can just tap him through the armor with some Ki and make him go to sleep

How does he get through the armor though

Coz the same armor in earlier games blocked shit like ghosts going through it

so

Also, to be sure, that means Muso Tensei may as well always be up because literally nobody can get through it because plot armor

To be fair being overpowered sometimes is one of the things that makes kenshiro cool (it's nowhere near the most important just one of the small things).

Since when could ghosts not go through his armor?

Either way even if it does, Ken can still

Hit that armor alot until it stops being armor (considering armor can indeed break if hit enough times)

Hit a gap in the armor's defenses

Go Sorya Tenryu to deal with ressurection via engaging in a deathmatch where the loser eats EE

Mr. Bambu said:
Also, to be sure, that means Muso Tensei may as well always be up because literally nobody can get through it because plot armor
In Canon, Muso Tensei simply gets countered by other Martial Artists also using Muso Tensei whom are just as strong as Ken and can thereby punch him in the face

People who do not have Muso Tensei however are not so fortunate

Since DS1, the same armors as those from DS3 are present. And ghosts hit him just like everything else.

It could, but uh... have you actually seen the video explaining how that works? Like... it takes a very, very long time.

Hitting a gap in plate armor would be an interesting feat.

Resurrecto.

Coincidentally, if Muso Tensei is only against physical attacks that touch him that get erased after hitting, magic is still valid.

Actually, another thing that effects a lot of stuff in this match

What gear does the guy even have?

If he doesn't have the right stuff, he can neither pull anything to oneshot Ken nor can he just tank Ki going through his armor

Assuming SBA means best possible conditions, probably one of the heavier armor sets (Havel's, maybe, or even the basic Knight set would suffice). Other gear wise, and again assuming best possible conditions, there are a lot of ways to one-shot similar foes. This namely includes stuff like Tearstone Rings, Chaos Dagger, Morion Blades, and certain spells.

I should point out in Dark Souls 3 armor destroying acid takes multiple minutes to break armor and the armor is auto repaired by bonefires (I literally have never broken anything in Dark souls 3 ever)

Mr. Bambu said:
To say he gets near forking oneshot by said ghosts despite armor

Wait how does that suggest it doesn't deal with spiritstuff

Nothing really, oof

Ken has actually pressure pointed Tanks....

.... In the anime.....

Fork again

When did Ressurection heal from having your body and soul erased from existence?

Magic isn't really a nothingness attack though, which is kinda the only real way to deal with Ken without breaking out the Conceptual forkery and smurfing which you already have enough of in the form of your Magnum Opus

What? You don't get one-shot by ghosts lol

And... well, you resurrect despite not having any souls, which are, say it with me, literally souls, and your body fading into nothing, so... always.

So this is Ken vs Armor since no matter what Ashen One does he can't actually touch him because the page has powers that the page does not in fact say (Nonexistent Physiology)

Whereas every time Ashen One re-awakes his armor is fully repaired

So

I'm going incon.

I mean, those are the souls of other beings that they lose, not the soul of the ashen one themselves

I mean

It says "0 souls"

When they awake they are already dead for a long time, and have 0 souls at that time

They're soulless

Fairly reasonable to assume they revive with no soul, given how all other Undead/Unkindled also gain souls, it stands to reason that the Ashen One does, in fact, not have a soul when they revive. If the Ashen One required a soul to revive, they could never do so, as any Undead would be able to put them down permanently.

Friede is also an unkindled, meaning she'd absorb all your souls when she kills you. That doesn't stop your revival. Only hollowing would stop that, and the PC is among the most resolute fictional characters I can think of.

>the PC is among the most resolute fictional characters I can think of

I was about to be like "U WOT" then I realized that was a joke and found it funny

Not to mention the other Unkindled can kill you. Hawkwood, Anri, and Siegboye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back