• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Ketchum

I'm going to say about Ash ketchum from pokemon.

Ash current have only 8-A tier, while evne Paul who lost agains Ash (when Ash didn't use his strongest pokemon like Charizard and Sceptile) have 7-C tier.

I don't include beating legendaries, but still, trier who beat multiple legendaries like Articuno or Darkrai should be higher than 8-A.

And alos beat many very storng pokemon, easy beat well trined Tyranitar and Metagross agains Alain.

Overall can hold agains Alain without mostly of his best (while alain can eays sweep rest of league, include easy beating Rhyperior or Mega charizard Y), and Alaian is strong enought to beat Elite four member with tired Charizard, and hold agains Steven.

Agains multiple gym leaders, Ash beat many well trained strong pokemon like: Milotic, Machamp, Gyarados,Mega Abomasnow and many other

Ash also can hold and beat some elite triners. Like Brandon, storngets battle frontier brain with his storng legednary Golems. another well trined milotic. Also, BF brains was mentioned being that strong as Kanto elite four.

Defeat also guy with title "Undefeated Champion Drake", champion of Orange league, and Drake's very well trained Dragonite.

And can hols agains Champion Diantha and her Ace pokemon (Diantha in anime is strong as Cynthia or Steven).

In other batles also beat many strong pokemon.

Like: Iris's strong Dragonite (and easy overhelmed it when use his Charizard).

Also beat Dugtrio, Alakazam, multiple Metagross, Mega lucario, many Charizards, Venusaurs and blastoises, easy beat many well trained Scizor, and many other.

Mostly (if not all) of Anime pokemons have same pokadex entry as Game pokemons.

I think Ash should have 7-A tier, like Brock,Cathlin and some other triners, or atleast 7-B.

Ash sin't undefeat or Strongest triner, but current Ash definitely isn't weak, and have many good strategy.

Sorry for my grammar, but i'm not from english speaking country,

At the very least, I agree with 7-B. We're in the process of recreating the trainer profiles, so give us some leniency XD.

Ash has lost to Paul more times then Paul has lost to Ash (Which is only 1) and it was only due to a rage boosted blaze infernape that he lost, paul was actually dominating ash in the sinnoh but ash used his cleverness to trip up paul thats all....

First time Ash beat Paul in poke ringo battle (Maybe not oficial battle, but still Paul\s hunhkrow fainted).

Both triners tied multiple times.

Leaue battle betwen these two was very close, even with poison, Infernape can hold agains Electrivire and eays stomp it after using Blaze, and Monkey overal beat half of Paul's team.

Blaze is also infernape's main waepon.

Worst Ash's battle with Paul was battle in lake of rage.

And Ash Still didn't use charizard, who is much stornger than Infernape or any Paul's pokemon (Ursaring lose multiple times agains Chimchar, Magmortal isn't very strong. Gliscore can hold agains Torterra before his traing) or his simialr strong to Charizard Sceptile.

Paul and Sinnoh Ash was very close triners, but current Ash is much stornger, (Paul probably too, but i doubt he would have any chance agains Ash-Greninja).

That wasn't an actual battle as paul wasn't even caring to even put up a fight

No, Paul won almost all of there fights only losing to ash durning the sinnoh league

Infernape was still having trouble fightning aganist electrivire even with blaze on, no that's where your wrong again, Infernape defeated only three of pauls pokemon( which were heavily wounded after previous battles)

Sooooo

again your worng

Ash wanted to use the team that lost to paul all those times before, that's why he didn't use charizard. Electrivire would ko ash's charizard due to it only being 2 seasons since he left it in the char valley, (cough cough blaze chimchar, and urasing pretty much solo'd half of ash's team before losing to chimchar (cause ya know, fightning against a fully evolved Staraptor, Buizel and Pikachu is a easy thing to do) and paul was toying with gliscor through out the battle and then decided to end it by knocking him out with frenzy plant

No, most likely

I'm rewatching the series to make a proper and reasonable scaling for Ash by season.

Ash is listed "At least 8-A, likely 7-C" for Gen I

That has nothing to do with Paul, which profile I'll edit with Ash's when I'm finish

For now, he states where he is.

Ash lost some of battle agains Paul.

But win agains Paul in league, his first oficial battle, and most important battle betwen Ash nad Paul.

Infernape beat half of Paul's tam, because Full team is six pokemon.

With blaze, Infernape easy overpowered Electrivire's thunder, and next overpowered Electrivire's Thunder punch, and defeat it.

Ash's Charizard beat Gary's Blastoise, Golem and Scizor. And survive some strong super effective attack, and do it in Johto, Charizard was much stornger in BF, and would be stornger in Sinnoh.

Also, he beat legendary (Noland was very storng trainer, and Articuno easy cunter fire with water attack).

Charizard's worst lose was battle again's Brandons dusclops, but he only lose thanks to Ahs's huge mistake, and still brandon is storngets of all Kanto BF brains, and crubstomp Paul 6:0 (Brandon's duclops is very storng and prbably rivaling golems).

Zard would easy beat Electrivire. Same Sceptile, who can hold agains Deoxys, and beat Darkrai (dream eater recovered mostly(if not all)Darkrai's HP), overal, Sceptile in my opion is stornger than Ash's Charizard.

About Battle with gliscore, it just torterra's battle style. And still, torterra looks very tired after battle with gliscore.

I didn't remember all of battle with ursaring, but with blaze Chimchar beatt Ursaring, and ursaring also use his ability.

Second time, after battle with ursaring, Infernape still can make good battle with electabuzz.

Paul is strong, but weaker than Ash.

Ash with Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape and Charizard woudl easy beat Paul.

AidenBrooks999 said:
I'm rewatching the series to make a proper and reasonable scaling for Ash by season.
Ash is listed "At least 8-A, likely 7-C" for Gen I

That has nothing to do with Paul, which profile I'll edit with Ash's when I'm finish

For now, he states where he is.
ohh, My wrong, sorry.

Karolninja said:
Ash lost some of battle agains Paul.
But win agains Paul in league, his first oficial battle, and most important battle betwen Ash nad Paul.

Infernape beat half of Paul's tam, because Full team is six pokemon.

With blaze, Infernape easy overpowered Electrivire's thunder, and next overpowered Electrivire's Thunder punch, and defeat it.

Ash's Charizard beat Gary's Blastoise, Golem and Scizor. And survive some strong super effective attack, and do it in Johto, Charizard was much stornger in BF, and would be stornger in Sinnoh.

Also, he beat legendary (Noland was very storng trainer, and Articuno easy cunter fire with water attack).

Charizard's worst lose was battle again's Brandons dusclops, but he only lose thanks to Ahs's huge mistake, and still brandon is storngets of all Kanto BF brains, and crubstomp Paul 6:0 (Brandon's duclops is very storng and prbably rivaling golems).

Zard would easy beat Electrivire. Same Sceptile, who can hold agains Deoxys, and beat Darkrai (dream eater recovered mostly(if not all)Darkrai's HP), overal, Sceptile in my opion is stornger than Ash's Charizard.

About Battle with gliscore, it just torterra's battle style. And still, torterra looks very tired after battle with gliscore.

I didn't remember all of battle with ursaring, but with blaze Chimchar beatt Ursaring, and ursaring also use his ability.

Second time, after battle with ursaring, Infernape still can make good battle with electabuzz.

Paul is strong, but weaker than Ash.

Ash with Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape and Charizard woudl easy beat Paul.

1. Nope, again ash's only legit victory was at the league

2. Did you even read what i said at all about that?

3. Infernape didn't easily overpowered it, the 'beams" clashed resulting in a explosin, If Electrivire didn't have to fight aganist two of ash's pokemon then he would of won against infernape

4. Charizard would lose against Electrivire, it's only been two seasons since he left charizard there at the valley, darkari has piss poor durabilty, leaning on his special moves and ability to win its battles........sureeeee

5. No it's not, you can clearly see that he and paul weren't even trying at all, when? that's not what i saw at all....

6.you totally ignored what i said didn't you? let me remind what i said "urasing pretty much solo'd half of ash's team before losing to chimchar (cause ya know, fightning against a fully evolved Staraptor, Buizel and Pikachu is a easy thing to do)"

7. what? i don't understand you at all

8. Sinnoh Paul > Sinnoh,Honen,Kanto and Johto Ash, but Kalos Ash > Sinnoh Paul

9 I'm not to sure about that......

Well, Pikachu hold his own against electrivire despite the fatigue, and even they were claimed as "equals" before Electrivire's boost

Infernape matched and defeated Amped Electrivire despite all the damage and fatigue

All in all, I think that Sinnoh Ash is not truly far from Paul in AP terms, he mostly lose in strategy, and his team is more balanced in power than other seasons.

That's true, but i never heard of the equal thing at all

cough cough Blaze infernape cough cough electrvire fought twice before fightning infernape cough

His not far, but no on the same ap level at all

"Fought twice"

Electrivire one-shotted Gliscor with rocks.

Then matched Pikachu, and at the end if the match recovered and even got stronger from Pikachu's lightning.

Even if it was Blaze, Infernape in fact matched Electrivire while Amped even when Infernape was poisoned and his power was drained and damaged by his Flare Blitz.

Infernape > Electrivire.

And Pikachu ~ Electrivire.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
1. Nope, again ash's only legit victory was at the league

2. Did you even read what i said at all about that?

3. Infernape didn't easily overpowered it, the 'beams" clashed resulting in a explosin, If Electrivire didn't have to fight aganist two of ash's pokemon then he would of won against infernape

4. Charizard would lose against Electrivire, it's only been two seasons since he left charizard there at the valley, darkari has piss poor durabilty, leaning on his special moves and ability to win its battles........sureeeee

5. No it's not, you can clearly see that he and paul weren't even trying at all, when? that's not what i saw at all....

6.you totally ignored what i said didn't you? let me remind what i said "urasing pretty much solo'd half of ash's team before losing to chimchar (cause ya know, fightning against a fully evolved Staraptor, Buizel and Pikachu is a easy thing to do)"

7. what? i don't understand you at all

8. Sinnoh Paul > Sinnoh,Honen,Kanto and Johto Ash, but Kalos Ash > Sinnoh Paul

9 I'm not to sure about that......

1 Still, League battle is much more importan than unoficial battles.

2 Sorry,my wrong, but still, Infernape beat half of Paul's league team, Aggron only get low damag form piakchu, Gliscore ddin't touch Ninjask.

3 Infernape overpowered Thunder, and flamethower make explosion when hit on electrivire. Infernape also get much more damage from Aggron and nijask. Tired Gliscore didn't hit Electrivire, and Pikachu hit only with quick attack. Infernape also was poisoned. If both pokemon have full health, Infernape would win without blaze.

4 Charifical traing make charizard much stornger than before and different Bettwen Charizard before and after traing was huge even in johto. Chaarizard have much more experieneces than electrivier, have better feats and is overall much stronger. Darkri have bad defense in GAme, but Game mechanic=/=Anime mechanic, In anime Snorlax can taned 50+ focus punches. Darkrai easy tanked, Heracross's super effective megahorn, and quicky revored HP with dream eater (dream eater have same effect in anime and Game). Also Sceptile survive Ice beam and Dream eater from darkrai.

5 Not at all, but even if, Torterra stil isn't untouchable, and Super effective attack from infernape or Charizard wuld easy beat it.

6 Ash's monkey defeat Ursaring multiple times. First as a chimchar in 1 on 1 battle, Chimchar use blaze, but Ursaring also use his ability. Sceond time ursaring was weakened, but still, after these battle chimchar evolved, and have enought energy to make good battle agains Electabuz.

7 About second battle with ursaring?

8 Kalos Ash(with best team)>Sinnoh Ash (with best team)>Sinnoh Ash=Sinnoh Paul.

9 k, but im sure. these pokemon have much better feats than Paul's. But i respect your opinion.

Back