• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asgore Dreemurr vs Sans

BattleReviews said:
do you have proof it's not? its the same light when Asriel gave the monster souls back,
So? A flash of light happening doesn't mean something was a dream, and if it was, make a CRT.

Holyhotsauce said:
BattleReviews said:
do you have proof it's not? its the same light when Asriel gave the monster souls back,
So? A flash of light happening doesn't mean something was a dream, and if it was, make a CRT.
it wont change the fact its still 2-B, and asriel 2-A, so i wont do it,

also because it wont really matter because its likel already accepted as a dream, unless you dont know that

"Sans > Omega Flowey"

What?

You know they never fought in canon, right?

Flowey himself said he never got the humans souls before.

"also because it wont really matter because its likel already accepted as a dream, unless you dont know that"

Where are you getting that from?

Asriel battle is not a dream or else the barrier would still exist and Frisk wouldn't have "Last Dream" in they inventory.

Also guys, stop derailing the thread.

item saying Last dream =/= actual dream

maybe it was opened after the dream?

and about the second last one, this wiki, because canons,

Desmiondo said:
Asgore should win this. sans has no chance of killing him before getting tired from dodging fireballs
teleportation doesnt need stamina in order to let it work, and i dont think asgore can counter telekinesis

Anonimoe7875 said:
Dodging multiples fireballs from multiples directions. >>> Dodging a knife swipe
cant sans just move out the way, just like what he did to the knife, how about behind asgore, or somewhere safe

Everyone needs to calm down.

First of all, we don't even know if KR will work since the entire premise behind the attack is that it damages your soul based on how corrupt it is. While Asgore has made some morally dubious decisions before (such as killing the fallen humans), there's no guarantee that Sans' KR would kick in and do damage since Asgore is definitely less corrupt/evil than Chara.

Next, Sans has poor Stamina. It's established in the game that he's incredibly lazy, and thus not used to fighting or exerting himself. Sans goes down after just 2 dozen attacks in the game. Asgore would be launching hundreds of attacks every single turn that Sans would have to be dodging.

Also the HP gap between Chara and Asgore is immense. Asgore has 3,500 hp, while Chara's health in the final battle at LV 19 is only 474 at the absolute best if you use all your items. Compounding this is that Chara's DF is only 14, while Asgore's is 80, so there's a distinct possibility that Sans' attacks literally wouldn't hurt Asgore at all.

Essentially, a lot of things have to go right for Sans (KR has to work and attacks have to be able to hurt Asgore), just for him to have a chance. Of course even if these 2 things do hold, Sans is still in for a long and miserable grind where he will have to whither down Asgore's HP all while dodging hundreds if not thousands of attacks.

I would say objectively 99 times out of 100 Asgore wins. Sans may get lucky once in a blue moon but Asgore is stronger. Sans was simply the perfect opponent against Chara because of his dodging/teleportation and KR, but other than that he's really nothing special.

"First of all, we don't even know if KR will work since the entire premise behind the attack is that it damages your soul based on how corrupt it is."

Nothing in the game said that.

"Also the HP gap between Chara and Asgore is immense. Compounding this is that Chara's DF is only 14, while Asgore's is 80, so there's a distinct possibility that Sans' attacks literally wouldn't hurt Asgore at all."

HP is game mechanic, Sans ignores durability.

Anonimoe7875 said:
"First of all, we don't even know if KR will work since the entire premise behind the attack is that it damages your soul based on how corrupt it is."

Nothing in the game said that.

"Also the HP gap between Chara and Asgore is immense. Compounding this is that Chara's DF is only 14, while Asgore's is 80, so there's a distinct possibility that Sans' attacks literally wouldn't hurt Asgore at all."

HP is game mechanic, Sans ignores durability.
Sans ignores durability to an extent since Asgore takes hits to his soul anyway that takes out half sans ability to ignore durability. Also Asgore unlike other monsters gets his durability from having high hp rather than actual defense.

Firsk/Chara also takes hits at they soul, so no it doesn't.

Asgore get his durability from having far higher stats than people like Undyne.

teleportation doesnt need stamina in order to let it work, and i dont think asgore can counter telekinesis

Sans still needs to dodge the attack's unless he teleports in and out of the building.Since Asgores fire balls can cover a large area. Telekinesis is going to be hard for sans too since you know Wieght of a 7 year old child vs weight of a giant goat in full armor.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Firsk/Chara also takes hits at they soul, so no it doesn't.

Asgore get his durability from having far higher stats than people like Undyne.
1. No read his profile then read Asgores they can ignore durability to an extent since they attack souls directly if it attacks physically then how would sans have any wins. The only thing he has that ignores Asgores durability is KARMA.

2. This is from Undynes profile at least Town level, likely far higher (Her defense value of 20 should provide an immense boost to her natural defenses) since Asgore has higher health or higher natural defenses that would makes him easily have enough health to outlast sans KARMA.

Exactly, I am talking about KARMA.

That because we don't scale DEF like we do with ATK.

Think of that like this.

ATK = Power Level.

DEF = Boost to someone durability (Which again has nothing to do with HP)

Yeah I get it but. Just remove DEF and then what's that's monsters base durability hp decides that and Asgores is the highest out of normal monsters. Which gives him a huge advantage since that's what KARMA targets.

Huesito88 said:
Hp is game mechanics right?
Yeah but using it to determine monsters base durability if you disregard hp than sans one shots all of Undertale since he ignores DEF with KARMA

yes, it was a knife, but it was an immeasurable one, can i pretty sure with the slow pacing fireballs, i think sans got enough room to dodge

aka teleport

There is an implication by some people that dodging the knife equals dodging fireballs. Even if this anecdotal, I think we can all agree, Asgore's attacks weren't very fast or hard to dodge, so Frisk at her best could easily dodge his attacks. It's also known that Sans is immensely faster than Frisk. Because all of that is true, we can determine that dodging Frisk's knife, which is a lot faster than Asgore's attacks, is significantly harder than dodging fireballs.

Considering sans is bloodlusted and asgore is well..... asgore, its safe to say that sans will just go for the kill right away, and not hesitate. Asgore being asgore would not even take things seriously, and considering sans' attacks are WAY harder to dodge compared to asgores, I'm gonna have to give it to sans.

Bombzilla said:
Considering sans is bloodlusted and asgore is well..... asgore, its safe to say that sans will just go for the kill right away, and not hesitate. Asgore being asgore would not even take things seriously, and considering sans' attacks are WAY harder to dodge compared to asgores, I'm gonna have to give it to sans.
I'm confused. If Asgore was bloodlusted, why wouldn't he take things seriously? I agree with your verdict, but some of your reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense.

That's the thing. Asgore isn't bloodlusted. And sans is always assumed to be bloodlusted in his fights because otherwise he wouldn't fight.

DunkleSans628 said:
Where does it say that? It's probably included in the phrase SBA which I don't understand.
State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Isn't it different with sans tho? He has to be bloodlusted in order to even fight, as he doesn't fight outside of being bloodlusted.

Bombzilla said:
Isn't it different with sans tho? He has to be bloodlusted in order to even fight, as he doesn't fight outside of being bloodlusted.
so we assume he is bloodlusted, as he is bloodlusted in character, asgore is NOT bloodlusted in character while fighting

Bombzilla said:
Any evidence at all? He's fought once. You can't make assumptions off of that one fight. Regardless, I vote Sans FRA

You do realize that all sans fights have him bloodlusted, correct? It's a thing that we have to do, or else he wouldn't fight.

Back