• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Morgan vs Look-See

Arthur in his Prime vs Canon Look-See (9-B)

The battle takes place in a forest at night.

Speed is equalized.

Both start 100 meters away from eachother.

Victory via any means.

Who wins and why?

Arthur:0

Look-See:0

Inconclusive:0

Also, this kinda seems like a stomp for Look-See judging from his hax.

What is the AP difference

Arthur can win by Dead-Eye straight away into multiple vital shots. How often does look-see use his hax and are any passive?

By Prime Arthur, I mean that he is healthy, and hasn't contracted TB yet.

Canon Look-See's AP rating is a little strange. The feats rating him for Street+ are blatantly Wall level. Arthur can survive Shotgun blasts capable of pulverizing Human limbs and heads, and scales to people that can harm him. He's capable of wrestling with Bears, along with harming them and other large animals with his bare fists.

From what I've seen so far, the Look-See only ever goes up against baseline Humans who more often than not, are unarmed. Never a Superhuman with feats hanging around his level. .Look-See's best feats seem to be tearing off limbs, and splitting someone down the middle.

I'm not too deep into Crypt TV to be honest. So far, the Look-See's moveset seems to include teleportation and surprise attacks with said ability.

Canon Look-See's Street+ feat is 9 Kilojoules for breaking bones which is solidly Street Level. While I don't know Canon Look-See's AP Non-Canon Look-See is 40.7 Kilojoules (So I think Arthur one-shots hard)

No it's Canon only, but as Arthur is 1 Megajoules I don't know if that will prevent him from stomping

I think it comes down to who uses their hax first. In which case I'd give it to Arthur since Dead Eye is passive if he is in danger, then he can just spam bullets at vitals and win. If Look-See's abilities aren't passive Arthur has a solid chance.

It doesn't seem like he's going to be "in danger" right away though given the starting distance (Could you define what in danger means?)

Usually it has happened when a bullet was in point blank range, but sometimes when he was unprepeared for a gun fight. It has also happened during "duels," where he and his opponent agree to fight, and it activates instantly. Or when his opponent is going for a surprise attack he couldn't prepare for.

Soupywolf5 said:
No it's Canon only, but as Arthur is 1 Megajoules I don't know if that will prevent him from stomping
I don't think he actually tanks a point blank stick of dynamite. Maybe after drinking a miracle cure, but certainly not normally.

So looking through "The Backwards Watch" (Where it happens), it seems to just happen (Usually shown when clocks stop moving), and it appears that he's able to include people in the stop (As in They're still able to move, and such), or his proxies aren't affected, either one works

It seems like a stomp if Arthur literally can't do anything unless he is given specifications where his hax works quicker than Look-See's + Look-See has multiple win conditions whereas Arthur's only reliable one likely won't even work

Look-See's only win conditions are through Mind Manipulation, and maybe Possession (There's Probably actually more then that), Time Stop just makes those more likely to use. While Arthur has an enormous AP advantage meaning Look-See can't really physically harm him

Looking back, I'm voting for Arthur.

For starters, Arthurs Dead-Eye is passive, albiet situation based. It activates if he himself doesn't know he is in danger, if he is in a situation he can't react to in time or when he chooses to do it himself. Look-See's appearance should be more then enough to meet the specifics of Arthur's Dead-Eye.

Furthermore, considering the distance, Dead-Eye should activate passively anyway. The situation of the battle is more than enough to be considered a "duel"

Except a duel is voluntarily fighting, there's nothing voluntary about this, and Look-See's time stop appears to be able to activate pretty quickly, and Look-See isn't afraid to use it, allowing him to get close use his various hax and then teleport away, as well as various abilities such as illusion creation, and darkness manipulation (And maybe transformation, but I doubt it, but Empathic Manipulation could do a thing) to throw Arthur off if he survives a time stop (And nothing's stopping Look-See from just time stopping again)

"Except a duel is voluntarily fighting"

95% of duels in RDR would like to talk to you.

"Look-See's time stop appears to be able to activate pretty quickly"

Passive>>>> Needing to activate something.

The rest of your argument is a hypothetical in which Look-See's ability fails and assumes he will have the chance to use it before a passive ability allows Arthur to kill.

@Soul

Arthur's enhanced Senses and prediction won't let that happen.

@Soul

Rifles>>>>

Arthur's Dead Eye pinpoints vitals for accurate shots. His guns can blow off heads and body parts. This isn't a simple stab. This is multiple shots to vitals from guns that can blow you up in two

You yourself said it activated when he and his opponents agreed to fight Ignore every other example you listed there

His time stop appears to be thought-based (As we know no other way it's activated), while dead-eye is a situational passive ability

Thought-based>>Situational passive

And considering Look-See's time stop lasts for quite a while, he would have plenty of time to use his various abilities on Arthur, and then even if Arthur survived a time stop the after effects of the Look-See's other abilities means that Arthur would have a harder time fighting back (And Look-See could always just stop time again)

Fair, but the Look-See's in character move is always to start out of sight and screw with their head, where he then proceeds to use whatever Hax is deemed necessary.

Back