• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy ft. Mariogoods Revises Random Old Games Pt. 3 - PuLiRuLa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I wasn't kiddin!

Featuring a Taito game, PuLiRuLa, a 1991 arcade beat 'em up that has gathered a small cult following because of its lovingly animated, very surreal and insane visuals (it basically looks like a shitpost half the time). While the gameplay is fairly by the books beat 'em up stuff, it's a very unique experience that I definitely recommend, think a bite-sized Earthbound or Katamari Damacy.

Some fun trivia about it is that the JP original version features a fairly overt visual innuendo in one of its stages that was removed in the overseas versions, only for the legs to appear in the credits anyway, which kinda makes you wonder why they bothered. Also, the final boss from this game is also fought in the Bubble Bobble game Bubble Symphony, though that's just one of the many crossover cameos in that game, no scaling.

Here's the profile. Not too much to note, but I'd like the current profile to be renamed to "Zac & Mel (PuLiRuLa)" since that's more descriptive. Also, I would like to thank Mariogoods for helping me rework the profile, I wouldn't have known of the Low 7-B feat without them.

As a user who did some help in this revision, I'd like to say that the new profile is better than the current profile made by me and I enjoy the proposed profile.
and one or two hundreds of my neurons have died watching this wtf of a game
The game's weird, but the game's interesting. "a fairly overt visual innuendo" is the result of the boss of that stage gets the "thought-to-reality" ability and that boss reveals his deep dark fantasy to the reality.

I still want to say that this verses' characters, including the minor enemies, can resist to The World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back