• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arlo fights another Copycat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
After a crushing defeat from one fashionable hairdo, Alo fights his equal in pretentiousness, Neito Monoma. Just finished watching what's available of the MHA anime, so this matchup was too good to pass up.

Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in the Unforseen Simulation Joint. Neito has already touched Arlo before the fight begins.

Cocky Blonde -

Cocky Blonde - 6 (Apies, Litentric, Nico, Shadow, Calaca, Jamesthetaker)

Incon - 5 (Monarch, Reinhard, Iap, Ryu, Yobo)

Arlo UnOrdinary Render
Neito Monoma Costume

Neito needs to actually touch the person to get their powers, and other than that has no great abilities, and Arlo's entire fighting style involves trapping the person in a forcefield from a range so....

I'll leave you to work out who I'm voting for

Oh. lol. I nearly forgot about that.

Is it alright to have the battle start with Neito having already touched Arlo (pretty sure Arlo would one-shot otherwise)?

Eh, I edited it in, fight starts with Neito having already touched Arlo.

So I think the question we need to ask is, Does Monoma have to switch between Arlo's abiliites or do they work like a single yet multifaceted quirk? Aside form that though, this might be inconclusive considering Arlo dosn't seem to have away around his own Invulnerablity.

Quirks in MHA can be just as, if not more so Multifaceted than UnOrdinary, so he'd have all of Arlo's abilities.

They both stick each other in forcefields, then neito's forcefueld wears off after 5 minutes, Arlo's doesnt

IDK, although they'd be consuming far more of it if they are stressed.

"The average adult, when resting, inhales and exhales about 7 or 8 liters of air per minute."

Probably not, in that case. Arlo probably takes it, then.

Arlo probably takes it, then, although considering Arlo has used his powers to make the forcefeild smaller and smaller to crush people it might be incon if both take that route.

Neitowould probably think of that too seeing as for all his posturing he is fairly smart, but he might start gloating and give Arlo a chance to do something...

I'm going to say inconclusive

Voting Arlo due to not having a 5 min limit, knowing about how his ability works (Neito doesn't know that harmingrhe barrier hurts him or destroying the barrier reflects damage on himself), and Arlo's MUCH higher base AP (his AP doesn't come from his ability so Neito can't copy that).

Arlo only needs to get one hit in to win this fight and Neito will be hurting a lot more with his lower durability.

Soooo although it seems like a stand still Arlo simply holds the advantages overall

@Nico But Neito copies stats too when he copies a power similar to John, up to 8-C with Bakugo's powers. He'd be exactly the same as Arlo in dura.

Neito also gains some sort of knowledge on the ability; he was able to use Bakugo's, Tsubaraba's, and Kirishima's quirks pretty effectively.

He copied the quirks. Bakugo's quirk has a direct correlation to his sweat glands so Neito's overall physical abilities are increased. Arlo's ability does not increase his physical stats at all, he's just physically powerful, so Neito can't copy that.

About knowledge didn't he have previous knowledge? He's observed Class 1-A (to the point of obsession) and figures them out quickly. He's never stated to have simply acquired knowledge through copying quirks

True, although Arlo's barriers by-nature would allow him to make 9-A sheilds to protect him from Arlo just as powerful as Arlo's own.

Also true, although he definitly caught on to using them effectively pretty fast, although you're right that Neito wouldn't have prior knowledge about Arlo's barriers. I think he'd get how to use it fast, but maybe no fast enough to save him from getting crushed by Arlo.

"True, although Arlo's barriers by-nature would allow him to make 9-A sheilds to protect him from Arlo just as powerful as Arlo's own."

Umm I think you meant to put Neito somewhere in there lol. But essentially I'm saying that with Neito's lower durability he will get crushed MUCH faster than Arlo would regardless. Adding the lack of knowledge is just a nail in the coffin.

Fair enough. I advise previous voters to look this over and reconsider the incon verdict.

I agree with Nico here. Also, Arlo is arguably a better fighter. I think he would take it barely. In particular once he sees that there's a time limit.

I mean, the copied ability puts them on relatively equal terms. Minus Arlo being a likely better, and more experienced fighter. But Arlo can likely last until the time limit is up, and figure out the ability. He'd likely go to town from there.

Bump.

Arlo - 3 (Apies, Litentric, Nico)

Arlo - 4 (Apies, Litentric, Nico, Shadow)

Arlo - 5 (Apies, Litentric, Nico, Shadow, Calaca)

Arlo - 6 (Apies, Litentric, Nico, Shadow, Calaca, Jamesthetaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back