• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Tiers EVER allowed to be equalized?

Mostly asking because, as anyone who's skimmed my profile page knows, I think that tier-equalized debates tend to be the best thing ever.

For this reason, my question is whether we are allowed to discuss them in Fun and Games threads, or anywhere on this site. If not, do we have a subsite like Joke battles or something where this would be allowed?

I feel like, even though this is primarily an indexing site, the debates are a very fun part of it, and I'd like to have more options in this regard.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Tier-equalized results should be added to pages. This would strictly be for fun. Hence, the Fun and Games board notion.

Practically any fights can be made in Fun and Games. Just don't expect them to be added to profiles.

I mean it's usually the answer you'll get if you try and make a Tier equalized match unless you make sure to point out that it's purely for fun and not an actual match.

Hm. I feel like this is cool, but my problem is, there's no speed relativized or something. Basically to ask how a character can interact with another character, who is slightly superior in x specific stat.

That was another thing I was wondering about as well, if I'm understanding you correctly.

e.g. Jonathan Joestar vs Ryu

Ryu has a gargantuan AP advantage, while Jonathan has a huge speed advantage.

So tiers relativized would mean that we alter it to where Ryu and Jonathan are comparable enough to fight on even footing, but Ryu is a bit stronger and Jonathan is a bit faster?

Yeah! Perfect! Then, we can see how the characters leverage their advantages and weaknesses in combat.

That would be really cool.

The question is, would the OP need to come up with exact numerical values for the two, or would averaging them out work?

Not exactly. I would say, saying x2 faster, or 30% faster than the slower one or whatever is fine.

I don't see what's the problem in that if it's purely for fun, not for adding them to profiles.

Back