• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are these Sandbox Profiles, the Mario ones, especially up to Standards?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Robot972/sandbox3
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Ned_the_outer_god/sandbox22

As the title says, the Mario ones in particular, such as Shy Guy, Maw-Ray/Unagi/Mega Unagi, & any other Mario profiles.

I'm curious in particular, because....:
This page has been deleted. The deletion, protection, and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

So, what was wrong with the profiles when they were deleted, & how can they be improved to be up to standards?

& of course, it may be worth it to contact the Sandbox creators, in case they can provide useful input.

I asked GyroNutz about this elsewhere. I received the following input:

Formatting looks a bit weird for the powers and abilities section, though idk if that's just my end. Lifting strength could do with a justification. Grammar in the durability section is off, for example: "Are obstacles in Mario Karty" should be reworded as something like "Can survive being hit by cars in the Mario Kart series". Maybe put a note somewhere as to which shy guy/snifit variants are included on the profile, since it seems a bit jumbled together to me.

Does anyone else have any other input?

Some things I noticed:
They have separate keys for shy guys and snifits, but split the P&A into tabbers instead of using the keys.
Magic is listed collectively despite being explained to only be possessed by certain variants. It’s also relisted for sling guys.
The spacing is messed up in the second one.
The profiles also imply that what differentiates variants is their equipment (in “creation”’s description), but then lists the powers they individually possess as separate from powers from equipment. If the variants come from using different items that any shy guy can create, it might make more sense to list that all as standard equipment, and then write a standard tactics section detailing what combinations of equipment are used by the variants.

Like said before everything on the profile seemed a bit jumbled and it was hard to see what was apart of the shy guys and the snifits. However I would love to see a Shy Guy profile since he rightfully deserves one. Many other Mario characters deserve profiles and I might start a sandbox some day as well for the characters I want to make profiles for.

Back