• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are these Plot Manipulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. A character has an aura that changes and warps the nature of a book, causing the book to add more contents to itself and subsequently bring those contents into reality. Said book also contains an entire reality within itself.
I dont see any narrative thing in that, even if reality it self is stated as content of that book i think still not enough. But if reality is being content that inscribed or written in that book, i think it plot
2. A character uses a spell to write a story (not a book, just an unwritten narrative), and can subsequently use that story as a trigger for other magical effects.
If that story is narrative then probably yes

Last edited:
@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara depends if the book being changed also has a complete change on the reality itself and is based off of an entire narrative with some additional stuff like changing the role of characters, the setting, and any other metanarrative stuff.

If there's additional meta-context with the story thing then it could be plot hax, if not it might just be something else.

@Tony_di_bugalu Yeah I remember a lot, like your copium over how hard Symphonia is and saying it's harder than SMT.

@ActuallySpaceMan42 if by aggressive you mean I get skeptical on some high ball arguments that lacks any scans then sure.

@Dereck03 if I were to imitate them I'd argue against a japanese speaker about a mistranslation for a long while.

Considering I don't think any two people have given the same answer, I guess the real answer is just "find some more evidence, dumbass". This can be closed now, if nobody minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back