• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Hellsing's Speed Feats Aimdodging?

So I've been rereading KINO (for personal reasons and, unfortunately, VS reasons) and I came across this panel which suggests that vampires can dodge bullets because of their ability to read the minds of and analyze the actions of their opponents. This is pretty busted in and of itself, but shouldn't it make the many bullet timing feats in the verse invalid because vampires like Alucard or the Valentines are basically just reading what their opponent will do and reacting to that and not the gunfire itself?
Untitled.jpg

So I've been rereading KINO (for personal reasons and, unfortunately, VS reasons) and I came across this panel which suggests that vampires can dodge bullets because of their ability to read the minds of and analyze the actions of their opponents. This is pretty busted in and of itself, but shouldn't it make the many bullet timing feats in the verse invalid because vampires like Alucard or the Valentines are basically just reading what their opponent will do and reacting to that and not the gunfire itself?
Untitled.jpg
The main effect of the verse and pretty much the only one that matters (I think) is because of Rip, who is also a vampire. So it doesn't matter much?

Just out of curiosity, which chapter?

The main effect of the verse and pretty much the only one that matters (I think) is because of Rip, who is also a vampire. So it doesn't matter much?

Just out of curiosity, which chapter?
Chapter 45. But I really don't think Rip being a vampire would change much, there isn't anything saying that vampires can't read the minds of other vampires. It'd still affect Luke and Jan's supersonic+ scaling as well as anybody who scales to them (like Walter).

Chapter 45. But I really don't think Rip being a vampire would change much, there isn't anything saying that vampires can't read the minds of other vampires. It'd still affect Luke and Jan's supersonic+ scaling as well as anybody who scales to them (like Walter).
If they keep reading each other's lens to predict movement, wouldn't it be the same? Because the two know what each could do.

Also, what would you change?

If they keep reading each other's lens to predict movement, wouldn't it be the same? Because the two know what each could do.

Also, what would you change?
Hm, that's a good point. I honestly have no idea how we'd scale speed in scenarios like that; Alucard is aimdodging the bullet, which is being controlled by someone who know what he'll do next, but Alucard knows what Rip will do next, which will only help Rip determine what Alucard will do next... Basically, it's this scene. I'd be opposed to scaling anyone and everyone to this feat anyways though, because Alucard is sandbagging 90% of the time, and tends to stomp everyone when he does get serious.

I'd have to go back and see if any of the humans have any good bullet timing feats, otherwise fodder vampires and characters like Walter would have to scale to their own feats (which might honestly just be subsonic/superhuman, lol).

Hm, that's a good point. I honestly have no idea how we'd scale speed in scenarios like that; Alucard is aimdodging the bullet, which is being controlled by someone who know what he'll do next, but Alucard knows what Rip will do next, which will only help Rip determine what Alucard will do next... Basically, it's this scene. I'd be opposed to scaling anyone and everyone to this feat anyways though, because Alucard is sandbagging 90% of the time, and tends to stomp everyone when he does get serious.

I'd have to go back and see if any of the humans have any good bullet timing feats, otherwise fodder vampires and characters like Walter would have to scale to their own feats (which might honestly just be subsonic/superhuman, lol).
I honestly don't know how it would work. Do you intend to make a crt?

Eventually. I wanna find some better fodder speed feats, and look back at the Rip fight. There are at least two other threads I wanna tackle though, one of which I can make today.

Hm, that's a good point. I honestly have no idea how we'd scale speed in scenarios like that;
I'm pretty sure the Wiki ignores it. I don't think I've ever seen a character that doesn't scale to such speed because of their precogination.

Like Asta.

Especially when the two characters can precoginate each other.

I'd be opposed to scaling anyone and everyone to this feat anyways though, because Alucard is sandbagging 90% of the time, and tends to stomp everyone when he does get serious.
I mean, yes and no.

Alucard stopped the bullets on normal.

So if that were the case, anyone who could keep up with a level 1, mostly serious would scale, because normal < level 1.

Like the monster God Anderson or Walter.

Back