• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are director's or extended blueray cuts of theatrical releases considered the new canon?

I'm going to bump this. Not sure if some of you are aware, but Batman v Superman is - potentially - getting an R-rated director's cut on blue ray via some "ultimate edition" for "scenes of violence". Now if the director goes through the process of re-adding deleted scenes from a film that had them removed to meet an industry standard (MPAA rating), wouldn't that technically be a retcon and make the director's cut or extended version the new canon? Some other good examples would be Watchmen or the Donner's Superman 2 (in the theatrical version, the kryptonians appear to be killed, movie and TV versions have them being arrested by police). Just saying, would be a shame to miss feats if there are any added by the director or studio.

I'm all for having D-cuts as canon if it doesn't contradict anything.

For example, the water Thor bathe in in AoU doesn't contradict anything. More like it supplements what was lacking, which is the explanation on how he learned about the infinity stones.

Gemmysaur said:
I'm all for having D-cuts as canon if it doesn't contradict anything.
For example, the water Thor bathe in in AoU doesn't contradict anything. More like it supplements what was lacking, which is the explanation on how he learned about the infinity stones.
Yeah I'm suprised they cut that scene out. I don't think viewers would have minded the few extra minutes.

Back