• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Archie Sonic 2-A Revision: Infinitely Above Your Comprehension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruka had the same case (Infinite timelines branching off infinitely thing), but she haven't got the High 2-A yet lul-

Don't mind me, I've just put my #Rez here, in a way.

How did i not see this before?

Anyway, i'm neutral, but leaning to agree with Kal here. The scans don't really give proof that each of the infinite parallel universes give birth to infinite other parallel universes... infinitely (lots of infinite). It just says "our realities branch off into parallel worlds".

Also, the Eggman and Willy scan most likely uses "reality" as a synonymous to universe, and not infinite worlds.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Also, the Eggman and Willy scan most likely uses "reality" as a synonymous to universe, and not infinite worlds.
No one argued this though?

The reasoning is that there are infinite parallel universes in Archie, and as shown in the scans with Zonic and Light/Dark Mobius, they branch off into many alternate timelines. Eggman states that there are infinite variations of his and Wily's worlds, which seems to imply that infinite timelines are branching off of the universes.

That still doesn't prove infinitely above baseline.

Having a statement of "there are infinite realities" and a statement saying "timelines diverge and create more timelines" is baseline 2-A.

Infinitely above baseline 2-A isn't something you can get by puzzling together scans, you need a very explicit and clear cut statement talking about infinite^2 universes.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence as they say, you can't just put together two baseline 2-A statements and pretend that they definitely stack leading to infinite^2, while it's extremely plausible for them to be two different statements that are saying the same thing

Sorry I'm late.

The point wasn't that there are just infinite realities alone, since we all know infinite multiverse statements are baseline 2-A. The problem is that, within the context of the stories, they aren't simply talking about an infinite multiverse.

Stating that there are "infinite variations" of one world alone is 2-A since it implies an infinite multiverse, right? In Archie, we already know the multiverse is infinite. The point was to express that yes there's an infinite multiverse, but divergent timelines within Archie are treated as something kinda seperate from straight alternative universes. Light/Dark Mobius are two of an infinite amount of branching timelines from the Prime Zone alone with the divergent timestreams, and another one that is highlighted here that it specifically broke off from Mobius Prime due to Sonic being put into stasis. Each universe within the infinite multiverse having infinite possibilities and variations would be infinite^2, wouldn't it?

Unless I'm missing something, I didn't think it always needed to be flat-out said in a scenario with sufficient evidence.

But the point is that there is no evidence that each timeline diverges infinitely leading to an infinite multiverse of its own.

You need clear evidence that the infinite realities statements and the divergent timelines statements are not redundant.

It's not the same as, say, the Marvel multiverse which is explicitly stated to have multiple layers of infinity stacked on top of each other

Ah, I see.

In that case, that's for making me aware of that. All I'm waiting for now is to see if Executor has any further insight regarding Archie Sonoc's cosmology in relation to this, and if there's nothing else he has to add then this thread can be closed.

My opinion is basically the same as Kaltias. I never really understood when the idea began that "infinite universes with divergences" means anything above "baseline 2-A" (In fact, I always thought that the only way for such a thing to happen would be a direct quote, or something similar to what existed in franchises like SMT with infinite universes being destroyed throughout the past, present and future.)

I agree with Kaltias and Executor.

Is there anything else we should do here, or can we close this thread?

Okay. What needs to be added and why?

Passive Statistics Amplification due to Ultra Sonic growing faster and stronger with the more energy he was being exposed to from a Super Emerald.

Okay. You can ask Dark649 to verify that it is acceptable.

Okay. I trust Kaltias' sense of judgement.

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

I apologize for being late, I was in a college lecture.

I've added it, and I think it concludes the thread. This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back