• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arch-Enemy of Spider-Man ~ Green Goblin vs. Venom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
The Green Goblin and Venom decide there can only be one arch-enemy for Spider-Man and decide to fight because of course they do.

Norman Osborn Goblin and Eddie Brock Venom.

Green Goblin Marvel XP
vs.
Venom

Venom is everything Spider-Man is but better. Stronger, more durable, faster, has other abilities such as going invisible and so on. Even though Goblin has his bombs that are fire, Venom has showed incredible resistance to Fire and Sound on occasion, even defeating Ghost Rider. Goblin is smart and tricky, but has been beaten by Spider-Man many times over and was usually such a problem due to attacking his family and personal life. Something that Venom also did in spades.

I give this to Brock quite easily. Also, he is the best Venom. I rest my case.

Also, to add more points, remember that Venom has also defeated and fought evenly with the likes of Juggernaut (during Madness, in which their first fight ends inconclusive and in the second Venom beats him), Carnage (both have fought many times over with many different results, ranging from Venom winning easily to Carnage winning easily), She-Hulk, Professor Hulk, Ghost Rider (mentioned before), Thing and the best Spidey had to offer.

Venom has way more feats, better showings, far better results against Spider-Man (beat Spidey and Human Torch combined during Carnage's first appearance, beat Ben Reilly easily, wrecked Spider-Man to no end during his own first appearance, etc) and has too much experience and adaptation with the symbiote (turning invisible, using it to go into computers in one of the wackiest comics in history, etc) for almost anyone to handle.

I'd say Eddie has even a good shot at beating Flash, but thats just me.

I will be a philistine and give to Norman Osborn. The guy has proved to be the #1 enemy not specifically for combat, but by sheer cunning. Aware of Eddie's power (he has a decent knowledge about the symbiotes) he would likely make some chemical to weaken the symbiotes and employ the bombs to weaken him.

Eddie would be stronger if they fought and just as agile, but he is NOT smarter than him. I vote for the TRUE greatest opponent of Spidey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back