• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V999

He/Him
Demon Slayer VS Raimi Spiderman Trilogy

Tanjiro is on a mission to kill demons in the forest in night

Tanjiro : Wait this is a human smell but i smell a very evil feeling
Tanjiro : Let me trace it

After that tanjiro tracked him down and found norman osborn who was none other than the green goblin

Tanjiro : Hey are you a demon?
Green Goblin : Demon? Huh, you seem interesting. Well you will be my playmate because Spiderman isn't here

• Speed are equalized
• Tanjiro Post-Type Zero Training 8-C is used
• Green Goblin has access to missiles
• Demon Slayer Mark is restricted

Tanjiro : 7 (@CiscoTheSoto, @jojo123, @Doggo, @Kaio1277999, @Popted2, @Peppersalt43, @V999)

Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) :

Inconclusive : 1 (@Dread)

Last edited:
This is with his equipment right? If yes, how would tanjiro deals with poisen/explosion while he is flying?

What I saw when the green goblin fought with spiderman, the green goblin likes to get closer and the green goblin doesn't always stay away, however, tanjiro is able to jump very far and this tanjiro is also able to hold on even though he is carried flying by urogi

What about poisen, I watched the film way long ago, but I remember his poisen is dangerous. And ya, the explosion is massive

Tanjiro can use the breathing style by inhaling oxygen with a lot before the start of the fight

The poison is a smoke spray that has a meter range at best, and needs the person to stand there and breathe it in. Tanjirou would not stay still enough to get put to sleep for sure.

Tanjiro can use the breathing style by inhaling oxygen with a lot before the start of the fight
Ya, because the opponent gonna drink tea waiting for him to do it, right? What prevents him not to do the first step?

Ya, because the opponent gonna drink tea waiting for him to do it, right? What prevents him not to do the first step?
According to Ricsi-viragosi comments, The poison is a smoke spray that has a meter range at best, and needs the person to stand there and breathe it in. Tanjirou would not stay still enough to get put to sleep

Yea, sleep spray shouldn't really be a factor in this fight at all. He's only used it one time in order to get Spider-Man to a private area to talk, but he's never once used it offensively in-combat. Besides, the spray needs to be administered for a few seconds to work, which Tanjiro isn't going to let happen. However, something that does need to be restricted is Tanjiro's Demon Slayer Mark, since it would give him a massive AP advantage which he could use to one-shot Goblin.

I've got to give this one to Tanjiro. I just finished watching Demon Slayer, and based on everything I saw in that arc, Tanjiro's got Goblin beat in a lot of categories. Their AP is almost the same, with Tanjiro upscaling from .8 tons and Goblin scaling to .91 tons, so that doesn't play a factor in this match. Tanjiro's fighting style gives him a variety of different sword techniques to use, not to mention he's fought several powerful and experienced demons by this point in the series and can adapt to the situation with his different techniques. Though Goblin has flight and long-ranged attacks, Tanjiro can just use his Sixth Form: Whirlpool to fire slashes of air at Goblin midair. Tanjiro's also incredibly skilled at deflecting and dodging multiple attacks from homing weaponry, as shown with his fight against Daki, so while it might be more difficult to dodge the smaller Razor Bats, it shouldn't be impossible for him. Even if they do manage to graze him, Tanjiro has been shown to endure a severe amount of pain and continue fighting, so it shouldn't hinder him too much. In hand-to-hand combat, Tanjiro also has Goblin beat, and his profile states his heightened sense of smell allows him to predict his opponent's movements, which would make it even harder for Goblin to land effective blows on him. Goblin's best wincons in this situation are his High 8-C missiles, which I don't believe Tanjiro could survive if they were launched at him. So yea, Tanjiro wins 7/10.

If there is restrictions from both sides, it can't be added in the profile.

If there is restrictions from both sides, it can't be added in the profile.
Not true if the restrictions are for transformations or equipment which are in different tiers since it would significantly affect the outcome of the battle. Besides, the sleeping gas isn't restricted, so far nothing is. Only thing I said should be restricted is Tanjiro's Demon Slayer mark since it's an 8-A transformation.

So you are restricting his whole equipment? Damn, which wincon he got lol.

So you are restricting his whole equipment? Damn, which wincon he got lol.
I’m not the one who made this match. And again, the only thing that really needs to be restricted is Tanjiro’s Demon Slayer Mark, which isn’t something he starts with in-battle and shouldn’t really affect this match’s outcome. Goblin's main wincons here are his High 8-C missiles and possibly his razor bats and pumpkin bombs, if they manage to eventually wear Tanjiro down, cuz even Peter had difficulty dodging them despite his Spider Sense and his incredible agility, and I don't believe Tanjiro's senses are comparable to the Spider Sense.

Idk, the little homing bats and flight are kinda problematic. Yes Tanjiro has options to hit him mid-air, but Goblin can just kinda dodge, and he's shown to be pretty mobile with that thing, the further the distance, the more time he has to dodge, and given carpet bombing isn't exactly out of character, there's that to deal with too. And even Spidey has issues dodging the bats and Spidey sense imo I'd put above Tanjiro, not to mention how they have insane piercing damage that could chop off one of oct's tentacles.

Not voting yet but I'm not sold Tanjiro can deal with those yet.

Idk, the little homing bats and flight are kinda problematic. Yes Tanjiro has options to hit him mid-air, but Goblin can just kinda dodge, and he's shown to be pretty mobile with that thing, the further the distance, the more time he has to dodge, and given carpet bombing isn't exactly out of character, there's that to deal with too. And even Spidey has issues dodging the bats and Spidey sense imo I'd put above Tanjiro, not to mention how they have insane piercing damage that could chop off one of oct's tentacles.
Correction: Goblin's glider blades are what could chop off Doc Ock's tentacle, not the Razor Bats. The tentacles were shown to be capable of catching the razor bats, so I don't believe their piercing damage is that incredible. If Tanjiro does get impaled with the Glider blades, it'd be over for him, though.
No, even flight is his wincon alone, I did not change my stance.
Like I said, Tanjiro's got plenty of long-range attacks which he could use to knock him out of the sky, so I'm not sure it's an automatic wincon.

Do you mean his water breathing and fire breathing? Because I am not sure if he can't even reach this height.

Like what also prevents him from using those weapons that literally EE u (I said EE because it only leaves u bones lol)

Goblin's glider blades are what could chop off Doc Ock's tentacle, not the Razor Bats. The tentacles were shown to be capable of catching the razor bats, so I don't believe their piercing damage is that incredible. If Tanjiro does get impaled with the Glider blades, it'd be over for him, though.
I remembered wrong my bad, I just remember him using a bunch in that scene.
Eh my point still stands, it's piercing damage that can slice through people slightly stronger than Tanjiro like Spidey, my point doesn't really change, given Goblin uses these things in spades, endurance or not, they can still gut him or slice through his tendons and flesh.
Like I said, Tanjiro's got plenty of long-range attacks which he could use to knock him out of the sky, so I'm not sure it's an automatic wincon.
Further the distance, the more time he has to dodge. Remember, speed equal, aka long range shit sucks. Goblin only really gets by in such a situation because he can carpet bomb and has hefty AOE on explosives, even just pumpkin ones, which he can couple with the aforementioned bats to restrict Tanjiro's dodge range.

If goblin gets up into the sky, I think Tanjiro might be kinda ******. If they fight CQC tho Tanjiro obviously outskills and curbs tho.

Back