• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Additions and Revisions

Yes, Cal, its time for Arceus to get an even bigger Wall of Text.

Anyway, at the bottom of Arceus' Powers and Abilities section, it says that Arceus can "Can use any Pokémon move that falls under the Plate types", so I've looked through the Pokemon pages (mainly Mirage Mewtwo) and compiled a list of Abilities that aren't listed on Arceus' page:

Enhanced Senses, Statistics Amplification (Passively when involving attack and accuracy, or in sunshine, rain, sandstorms, inflicted with a status condition, and when health is low. Active otherwise), Energy Absorption, Dimensional Travel, Hellfire Manipulation, Time Travel, Mind Control, Intangibility, Absorption (Of fire, water, electricity, health, bodies, souls, and life force), Time Stop, Energy Manipulation, Life Draining, Magma Manipulation, Martial Arts, Empathic Manipulation, Stat Debuffing, Transformation, Fear Manipulation, Sealing, Black Hole Creation, Hacking, Negation, Chi Manipulation, Sand Manipulation, Resurrection, Invisibility, Extrasensory Perception, One Hit Kill, Reactive Evolution, Shapeshifting, Power Mimicry (Can steal both moves and passive abilities), Rage Power, Duplication, Berserk Mode, Afterimage Creation, Explosion Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Pain Manipulation, Adaptation, Petrification, Bone Manipulation, Minor Probability Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Magic, Cannot be one-shot (Within reason).

Things that should be changed to prevent duplicate powers and confusion:

Arceus' Elemental Manipulation description (Of the variety of the 17 types) should be changed to Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Poison, Dark, Steel, Ground, Rock, Air, etc. variety)

Arceus' Power Mimicry description (Can take the powers of its enemies and infuse them with the Plates) should be changed to (Can steal the powers, moves and passive abilities of its enemies and infuse them with the plates).

Arceus' Statistics Amplification should get the following description; (Passive when involving attack and accuracy, or in sunshine, rain, sandstorms, inflicted with a status condition, and when health is low. Active otherwise) as Arceus should have the abilities and moves of all other Pokemon.

Arceus' resistances are in desperate need of organization, as they are listed in fragments across his Powers and Abilities which make reading Arceus' quite confusing, so I have tried to organize them myself:

Resistance to having things about it changed (Arceus and Silvally, who are built with an RKS [Arceus] System, are immune to Soak, which changes the type of the user), Sleep and Dream Manipulation (Can act in its sleep, upscaled from Dialga, who could use its time abilities while unconscious, and can override Darkrai's control of the dream), Power Nullification/Mimicry (Multitype cannot be copied, switched, negated, or replaced. Any attack that tries to fails [as opposed to not affecting it], even if it targets multiple aspects of Arceus' powers), Telepathy (Resisted the combined telepathic technique of Sheena and her ancestor) and Spacetime Erasure.

TL;DR A small cleanup of Arceus' page and some additions.

> "Minor Arceus Additions and Revisions"

> suggesting to add a bunch of powers and justifications

Anyway, everything within this looks reasonable.

The real cal howard said:
Some of the above are abilities rather than moves
I feared this, but I didn't really have a way of finding which ones were exclusive abilities and which were abilities granted by moves.

Also, aren't Pokemon abilities from their moves?

Regardless, I'll try to remove them.

I have something that I don't think was ever brought up before:

At some point, it's been stated that every universe has a special mirror which allows anyone to see into an alternate universe, and then those universes have mirrors, and then those universes have mirrors, and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately I don't have a supporting scan, but this is what I've been told.

KingPin0422 said:
I have something that I don't think was ever brought up before:

At some point, it's been stated that every universe has a special mirror which allows anyone to see into an alternate universe, and then those universes have mirrors, and then those universes have mirrors, and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately I don't have a supporting scan, but this is what I've been told.
nothing new

Looks good, although Arceus should get more resistances from the CT:

Resistance to Reality Warping (Giratina)

Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Giratina)

Resistance to Void Manipulation (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina)

Resistance to Time Manipulation (Palkia) (Giratina lacks the concepts of Time and Space)

Resistance to Space Manipulation (Dialga) (Giratina lacks the concepts of Time and Space)

Shouldnt Arceus also get resistance to knowledge, Willpower and Emotion destruction?

-Arceus created the concepts

-The CT literally destroy what the Lake Trio make with just their normal powers and all 3 of them together get noped by Arceus

Well, the Original Spirit exists long before the Lake Trio, which thanks to their existence created knowledge, willpower and emotions.

So maybe?

Except Arceus clearly has knowledge, will and emotions.

He created these things but he's obviously not beyond them in any fashion.

Okay, but well, it's stated that it's necessary the entire Lake Trio, to be able to stop or control a single member of the Creation Trio (except Giratina, who is immune to the effects of the Lake Trio), so I think they should be resistant to their abilities:

"The Pokémon have come to protect Sinnoh? Pathetic and worthless. It takes the three of them, the three lake Pokémon that symbolize spirit, to balance either the Pokémon of time or space. But they can't maintain balance against the two. Not when both Dialga and Palkia are here. Their coming here is in vai."

Being made to stop someone doesn't give you a resistance to their abilities. VictoryGreymo and ZeedGarurumo are directly made to stop Yggdrasil. Doesn't grant them a resistance to her powers. It just means they can nullify said abilities. It does not require a resistance to be made to do something.

Back