• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Araragi Vs Bondrewd

Weirdos that mess with kids... Ugh.

Rules:

Speed: Equal.​
Key: Base for both.​
Time & Place: Central Park, NY, 17 meters from each other. 3 A.M.​
Mindset: In character.​
Victory: Win by dead or incap.​

latest
latest

Guy that experiments and torture kids: 7 (Witch, Broken, Pop, Shmoop, Epic, Crop, Starter)

Guy that kisses kids:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
REEEEE he has a gf.

What does Bon lead with?

Koyomi has a 5x AP advantage as well as being completely physically superior. (0.20 tons and class 5 ls < 0.03 tons and superhuman).

He most likely resists the shaker’s death manip if Shinobu is to go by. So he can easily take most of his hits and incap Bon with better physicals and shapeshifting (can turn arms into tree branches).

Koyomi is also more mobile,being able to wall run and such.

Last edited:
Bon mostly likely leads with either Far Caress to move around (Albeit, he can't do much in a open field like central park) and restrain people with Class 1 LS like Reg, or Sparagmos to Spaghetti'd enemies by cutting them into ribbons.

It negates dura and Type 3 regen up to High-Mid.

and restrain people with Class 1 LS like Reg, or Sparagmos to Spaghetti'd enemies by cutting them into ribbons.
Araragi class 5 tho.

Fair on the dura neg point. Araragi would rather keep his distance and on the few occasions we do see him fight,most of them are utilizing range in some way.

Ex: Ended up nearly killing Dramaturgy with baseballs in Kizu.

He could start flinging shit at Bondrewd and distract him a bit that way.

Bondrewd massivly outskills and just Sparagmoses Arararararragi into submission. Araragi oneshots easily if his attacks connects but if Reg coudnt hit Bondrewd with laser spam once i doubt Aragi will land a hit on him. Meanwhile Bondrewd has a massive array of equippment designed to disorientate and obstruct enemies while is actual lethal weaponry finishes the rest. Far Caress allows Bondrewd to manipulate the distance by stalling Araragi or giving him air mobility, a single Shaker can leave Araragi defensless by hitting him with violent vertigo, Gangway allows Bondrewd to completly outclass Araragi in the range department and Sparagmos ouright kills him for good.

To be fair, Reg didn't exactly used that many range attack in his encounters against Bond, he could hit him via close combat and agility, and used the Incinerator when trying to back down Bond.

Im pretty sure they had a massive shootout when they ascended upwards and against Reg specificly, he was testing his capabilities iirc. Araragi wont have the same luck in that regard

Bondrewd was the one to constantly fire attacks, while Reg mostly dragged him around, there was no much to avoid from the bot until the final part in which he got hit by a third blast after avoiding a second blast.

Since this is a unanimous conclusion, it will be added right away.

Thread can be closed.
What kind of antiquated system do you think we run here?

We used to allow that, but now we have a 24-hour grace period whenever a match is completed to allow anyone who may have a counter-argument to have their voices heard. After 24 hours, then the match should be added to the appropriate profiles.

but if Reg coudnt hit Bondrewd with laser spam once i doubt Aragi will land a hit on him.

That sounds more like speed rather than dodging danmaku, and you later conceded that Reg wasn't actually using many ranged attacks, while Araragi's handily gone for them during his fights.

Meanwhile Bondrewd has a massive array of equippment designed to disorientate and obstruct enemies while is actual lethal weaponry finishes the rest. Far Caress allows Bondrewd to manipulate the distance by stalling Araragi or giving him air mobility, a single Shaker can leave Araragi defensless by hitting him with violent vertigo

How easy are those to connect? I'm not familiar with Made in Abyss, but the only one that's explained on the page says it's done by firing darts. Ranged to disorient vs ranged to kill sounds like it's more in Araragi's favor.

Gangway allows Bondrewd to completly outclass Araragi in the range department and Sparagmos ouright kills him for good.

Do you have more info on how high this range is? Since the profile only says "Tens of meters with weapons" and it's a bit hard to tell from the posted scan.

Last edited:
The weapons are explained (And shown how they work) in the pictures used in the profile, but just to make even more clear:

Far Caress: Black goo coming from wrists, mean to displace himself ala Spider-Man and incapacitate enemies as such.

Gangway: Long beam from the mask that can refract into multiple beams and home to the target.

Shakers: Darts that induce ugly statuses, easy to see.

Sparagmos: Lighsaber generated from the wrist, negates High-Mid regen.

For their range, I can't currently post scans of the chapters due to ******** currently being down, much less gifts because I don't have the means to. But from what I remember, Spargamos has a range of like 2-3 meters in close combat, Shakers is like 5 or 6, Far Caress is like 8 and Gangway is 10 or more meters. Is mostly a guess.

Checking the novel, the one time Koyomi used shapeshifting, he used it to turn his arms into great trees, attacking an opponent who was 10m away (the English translation says 20 feet, but the Japanese raws say 10 meters).

Since Gangway sounds like it doesn't negate dura/regen, and since that's the only thing that'd work from that range, I think that Koyomi actually has a good chance to win. He can beat Bondrewd up from the starting range without much risk of harm to himself. So I'll vote for Koyomi.

(As an aside, Sparagmos having a description that "anything it hits will undoubtedly disintegrate, without exception" is not enough for durability negation, an actual mechanism is required. From that statement alone, I'd just rate it by its feats)

Sparagmos rewrites Laws of things it hits and was compared to Reg's Incenerator. Said Incenerator has various feats ranging from completly annihalating giant trees to the the floor of the Ido Front, a massive base. The only reason we currently dont list them as AP instance is because we are unsure if its a combination of Durability Negation plus Range or a actual, scaleable AP feat. So yeah, Araragi gets either vaped by hax or vaped by power in the 8 to 7 Tiers of power (I remember seeing a calc for a potential AP upgrade that was in those levels), that neggs his regen and immortality.

You can correct me on this, but from the fight i have seen with Araragi, he seems to be extremly reckless in fights, while Bondrewd is cunning, vicious and skilled due to the years upon years of surviving the Abyss and any Bounty Hunter sent after him. It only takes a flick of his hand to fire a Shaker Dart. It dosnt look anything unordinary, so i doubt Araragi woudnt just face tank some punny darts, while Bondrewd woudnt let himself get hit by massive trees growing out of a arm. Once Bondrewd has passed the initial encounter, he will close in into close quarters and dominate Araragi with skill and a weapon he plainly cant block, as outlined above, regardless of wether Boundrewd has hit the Shaker Dart or not. From there Araragi has to deal with a variety of, in his perspective due to AP difference, annoying weaponry until he gets suprised swiped in half by Sparagmos

"Capable of rewriting the rules of the abyss" really doesn't sound like durability negation. Maybe Incinerator has other statements that'd make them both durability negation, but I've seen far stronger statements get denied. And if it is in the tier 8 to 7 range that'd be kind of a stomp to keep in the fight.

I don't think I'd consider him "reckless" in the sense that he won't dodge attacks. While he is pretty unskilled, especially in earlier fights, from the third fight you can see in the scans above that he:
  • Pretended to give up.
  • Shoved his opponent away.
  • Ensnared his opponent's arms.
  • Retrieved the hostage.
  • Slammed his opponent to the ground.
  • Restrained his opponent.
  • Bound his opponent's mouth shut.
  • Knocked his opponent out.
This isn't some uber "BEST VAMPIRE IN THE WORLD LOL!" skill feat, but he's taking precautions here. He's not mindlessly punching away without thinking about what could happen to him.

(And as an aside, restraining would be a viable strategy through Koyomi's higher LS)

While youre totally right, it woudnt make much of a difference in this particular match, as either variants of the beam will oneshot Araragi, Either by hax (Unlikely) or by sheer AP. Restricting Sparagmos would make this a Round for Araragi hands down, because Bondrewd isnt skilled to the point where hitting him is impossible, so Araragi only needs a lucky hit to knock the crap out of Bonny and win from there. It should be noted however, that taking away Sparagmos from Bondrewd is like throwing a Jedi into the pit without his Lightsword. Not a particular cool matchup at that point.

Still, there is a huge difference between them. If Araragi dodges the first Shaker shoot, Bondrewd will just keep mixing up his attacks then. Araragi is bound to get knocked out by a Dart hitting him in the long run, especially if he has the choice of dodging laserbeams, massive black goo, Lightsaber knockoffs or some normal looking darts.

Restraining wont be much easier than just plain hitting Bondrewd once to be honest. It might even be a mistake depending on how he tackels it, due to how Sparagmos is mounted (They basically come from his elbows and a controlled via voice commands, so without ripping out Bondrewds arms first its gonna be hard)

Yeah I think I agree, Sparagmos lets Bondrewd just nuke Araragi any way he approaches the fight, since he doesn't have actual projectiles (unless OP gives him a shotput/concrete roller xd), and with Sparagmos gone he'd really struggle to deal with Koyomi.

I'll change my vote to Bondrewd.

I would like a CRT about Sparagmos/Incinerator's tiering, but I don't have the knowledge and there's other higher priority stuff. I'd appreciate someone else making it, but if not, I'll get to it myself eventually.