• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP for this?

Was the planet destroyed after the impact? If it wasn't then it's probably moon+ to small planet level. If the planet was destroyed then it's planet level.

Probably planet level of a high degree

The KE of those fragments can be quite insane, and considering that there were very few fragments, some high-level destruction can be argued for

I remember Devilman Crybaby having a similar feat, with the moon being split just as fast, albeit with a notably bigger gap.

Is definetly planet at least.

The KE of the pieces at the top corner immediately after impact would be insane. They cover that distance almost instantly.

Planet level, 100%. You should ask in the calculation requests thread, and put the verse it comes from, priority (1 is for pretty much whole verse, 2 is for most of the verse, 3 is for only some of the verse, and 4 is for a very small, specific amount of people in the verse, such as the god-tiers) and the link to the feat.

Wouldn't know, don't even know what this is but based on what's posted, the KE of those pieces could definitely be obtained, I don't think the animation style would actually invalidate it, we do see them move, just at an insane speed but you do see them move like a blur from Point A to Point B.

Wouldn't know, don't even know what this is but based on what's posted, the KE of those pieces could definitely be obtained, I don't think the animation style would actually invalidate it, we do see them move, just at an insane speed but you do see them move like a blur from Point A to Point B.
No the animation style is definitely exaggerated. You can literally see the pieces instantly go from point a to b then slow down drastically. That's not how physics works, I think it just looks like they move so fast because the animation style wants to give it a powerful impact.

If someone is moon busting then of course the animators will want to make it impactful, its not exactly some fodder thing to do unless your verse is named Dragon Ball or the like

No the animation style is definitely exaggerated. You can literally see the pieces instantly go from point a to b then slow down drastically. That's not how physics works, I think it just looks like they move so fast because the animation style wants to give it a powerful impact.
That's not even exclusive to this, it may not be how physics work as it'd slow over time, but if it happened it happened, the KE still applies, I can think of other extremely weird cases like that which is accepted all the same. Hell even in shows where things aren't blown over the top like that, cases like this still sometimes occur (Take SP punching out HP's teeth for example, they go from point A to B nigh instantly and the just stop).
If you really wanna get into it, there shouldn't even be a moon standing if it got hit with planet levels of force but that isn't the case.

No it doesn't apply wtf? You're using physics to calculate a physics defying feat? What are you even going to use for the time frame for KE? That split happened instantly are you gonna use 0 time lmao? And the problem is that it slows down to normal speed right after, this scene is clearly exaggerated in the animation style.

Okay so like 99% of feats in fiction are invalid because they don't follow the laws for physics. This includes Dragon Ball.

Physics defying feat in a fictional verse. Of course it was grand, that's how they wanted it to be. And no, it didn't happen instantly, the moon was shot through itself, then exploded in a fiery. I don't see you complain about how that is impossible using real-world physics, because that's wiggle-room you have to give these situations.

You can't use KE for the split because it goes from the moon being intact and the next frame it's already split, it's clearly exaggerated, although you can use kinetic energy for the chunks of debris flying away after the second explosion as you can actually see them moving.

You can't use KE for the split because it goes from the moon being intact and the next frame it's already split, it's clearly exaggerated, although you can use kinetic energy for the chunks of debris flying away after the second explosion as you can actually see them moving.
That's actually false, it's a few, it just happens exceptionally fast.
You can see the debris moving in the first scene took, it's just ludicrously fast. But that's never stopped us before now has it?
That's just how KE is. Besides that, yes, why wouldn't the thing that caused the destruction have the destruction happen fastest on impact? The explosion happens seconds later, it's a means to an end at that point.

I mean like it or not, if big rock moves at fast speed, we can calc it, happens all the time, even if the rock slows down at a baffling rate, it doesn't change the fact it did indeed move at the speed shown with the mass shown in the timeframe shown. "Exaggerated" is a complete "whatever" excuse, you can say that to literally ANY feat. Unless it turns out it was sped up by an outside force or cinematic timing, it'd be fine to use, and I doubt it's either unless you wanna argue the explosion happened like a minute after impact irl time.

And yes, you can calc those debris sure, but you can calc the first part as well. It's not or the other, the feat for most part is easily quantifiable.

I disagree, you can clearly see the moon being split nearly instantly then it slows down drastically where you can see the rocks moving slowly in real time, objects don't move that fast then just slow down instantly like that for no reason, that's why I'm saying the impact frames and animation style are clearly exaggerated to make the impact feel stronger so you can't use it as KE or you'd just be overinflating the feat.

Sorry fluffy, but that ain't how we do things here, with that logic we should downgrade DB into oblivion.

Sorry fluffy, but that ain't how we do things here, with that logic we should downgrade DB into oblivion.
Oh man why are you even bringing up dragon ball?! I am just simply saying that this animation style is exaggerating the impact making high tension shots move fast then slowing it down to normal to show the aftermath, or else you'd literally be suggesting that the rock is moving faster than light but then it would immediately stop and move at a relatively normal speed. Like even in the second explosion, everything happens in 1 frame, it almost looks like a god damn slide show.

I disagree, you can clearly see the moon being split nearly instantly then it slows down drastically where you can see the rocks moving slowly in real time, objects don't move that fast then just slow down instantly like that for no reason, that's why I'm saying the impact frames and animation style are clearly exaggerated to make the impact feel stronger so you can't use it as KE or you'd just be overinflating the feat.
You can disagree, but that's just how it is. Reminder we try to use science and math on feats and calcs that 99% of the time don't actually adhere to the formula's 110% of the time, which is why we take shortcuts. A dude punched a hole in the ground and the hole is like 10m across? Cool, let's calc the hole's destruction, even though realistically chances are the punch that did the feat wouldn't of been able to do that due to size, unless at a ludicrous speed, but if it was at the needed speed it would initiate flagration and a bunch of others hit. Not everything has to be 1/1 with physics, not all authors and animators are exactly science wizes.

Animation style is a completely moot point, otherwise may as well toss anything that isn't live action. To me it just looks like a generic cartoon, and one that isn't even that wacky, just stylized.

The impact frames are the feat, if it looks over the top, that's probably because it is. And "feel stronger" isn't an argument, it doesn't just "feel stronger", it is stronger, that's what happened so that's what would be calced, simple as that really.

Dude we have ******* 5-A meteors for not even planet busting, it's less inflation and more science be like it do. If it happened it happened, most of your argument is an argument from incredulity, no offense.

Oh man why are you even bringing up dragon ball?! I am just simply saying that this animation style is exaggerating the impact making high tension shots move fast then slowing it down to normal to show the aftermath, or else you'd literally be suggesting that the rock is moving faster than light but then it would immediately stop and move at a relatively normal speed. Like even in the second explosion, everything happens in 1 frame, it almost looks like a god damn slide show.
Wouldnt be FTL, it'd be sub rel probably eyeballing it.

You say "slowed down" in reference to the shots, but that isn't what happened, the fast impact happened real time, it wasnt cinematic timing as far as I can tell.

Like actually, your argument is "it happened to fast so it shouldnt count" basically, if anything I'd be inclined to say the sudden slowing down is the cinematic liberty to show the actual result briefly, given if something hits something so hard it shatters, it doesnt just stop breaking for a few seconds, only to break even further a moment later.
Knowing what the show is would really help but we can calc this and the wiki uses feats like this all the time.

Like idk dude, imo it just looks like fiction be fiction. We cant reasonablly expect it to play out precisely as it would irl, thinking on it, the slow down was probably similar to this.

Like idk dude, imo it just looks like fiction be fiction. We cant reasonablly expect it to play out precisely as it would irl, thinking on it, the slow down was probably similar to this.
Yeah I guess. I was gonna tell you it's okay to still use physics even when something shouldn't be possible in real life but you still need to use logic as well. So in this case I was going to say, how can something be going so fast then slow down like that it's just stupid to thing the animators actually intended that, but when you said that it's making it slow down to a slower speed and the fast speed is real time then it makes sense.

Back