• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ao Oni abilities addition + intelligence

Sans2345

He/Him
Abilities: Non-Corporeal (Ao Oni is said to be a type of yokai), Natural Weaponry (via Teeth), Large Size (Type 0), Stealth Mastery (Is capable of doing surprise attacks on Hiroshi, it can hide anywhere without making a sound), Power Bestowal & Biological Manipulation (via Ao Oni Touch), Disease Manipulation (Can give humans some sort of disease that turns them into a Oni), Transformation, Shapeshifting (Can shapeshift into humans), Resistance to Fall Damage (Ao Oni has fell from lengthy heights while chasing Hiroshi without seeming the least bit injured)

Intelligence: Average (It tricked Hiroshi by being in the form of one of his friends, it can ambush Hiroshi at random times by appearing out of doors and closets and appearing out of nowhere, it was biting the rope Hiroshi was using to escape)

Idk about non-corporeality since he still opens doors and such to move around.

Resistance to fall damage is not a thing, that's durability.

The rest seems fine

Idk about non-corporeality since he still opens doors and such to move around.

Resistance to fall damage is not a thing, that's durability.

The rest seems fine
Yeah, he might not be non-corporeal but people in the community said he is some sort of Yokai, speaking of Ao Oni i believe he needs profiles of his anime version, movies, and light novels maybe even a composite profile.

The page needs a huge revision it hasn't been edited in a while.

I mean, not only we need peoof of him being a yokai, but i'm pretty sure not all yokai are noncorporeal, and the series also need to treat them as such

Is the anime and light novel officially licensed by the creator?

We are not allowed to make composites of singular characters at best we can make composites of species like pokemon.

You really should add scans for this sort of stuff, it's kinda hard to judge as someone who hasn't played the games yet. but yeah just being a yokai isn't enough for non-corporeality unless the verse estabilishes it that way.

Also, don't the Oni vary in size?

I think the humanoid ones are the same size, only the different onis tend to be different sized, but even the small ones are bigger than humans, while the largest (squatto) was like, i'd say 5-6 meters tall

Huge fan of squatto. that man lives in my dreams.

I might actually just play the game rn and give my thoughts tbh, iirc it's short after all

You really should add scans for this sort of stuff, it's kinda hard to judge as someone who hasn't played the games yet. but yeah just being a yokai isn't enough for non-corporeality unless the verse estabilishes it that way.

Also, don't the Oni vary in size?
I don't know really, Ao Oni is really big in the films, so it would safe to assume it is a bit taller than humans in the games, about the disease manipulation there is a Ao Oni virus in the mobile sequels.

are those canon? you mentioned making profiles for the movies so i assumed it was a different one

Yeah i think so, there is a few movies two live actions movies and one animated film.

Back