• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-Spiral's Multiversal Labyrinth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-Spiral creating a multiverse

Hello! A while ago I posted a thread about the AntiSpiral and his power. However, even tho I did receive some replies, I feel like none of them provided any analisis to back up their statements. They were opinions (I mean no disrespect with this). At the time I didn't continued the thread because I was busy with university and stuff but now I've taken the time to explain with more detail why the AntiSpiral is indeed Multiversal. I would greatly appreciate if someone would take the time to look at it.

This is one of the replies I received:

DarkLK: "Infinite possibilities was only mental illusion. Not reality warping or something like this."

-No explanation was given as to why he thinks it is a dream/illusion. And I can say for sure that it contradicts the anime.

Why was the Multiversal Labyrinth NOT a dream but a REAL multiverse:

Evidence #1

-The first and most obvious proof is the name the AntiSpiral gives to it: "Multiversal Labyrith". To be sure about the legitimacy of this statement I re-watched the episodes in japanese. There he uses the phrase: ÕñÜÕàâÕ«çÕ«ÖÞ┐ÀÕ«« = "Tagen Uchuu meikyuu". "Tagen Uchuu" literally translates to "Multiverse" with no mistake, and "Meikyuu" means "Labyrinth". In fact this is the japanese term applied to it when talking about M-Theory.

-The question that could arise is: "Why trust that the name of the attack is to be taken as a true description of the nature of said attack?"

Answer:
Throughout the whole series the characters name the attacks describing what it does.

A few examples:

Giga Drill Break(er):
Giga is derived from the Greek word ╬│╬»╬│╬▒¤é, meaning "giant", Drill is a drill (no science there) and Break/Breaker…well, it breaks stuff. Plain, descriptive name.

Space-Time shattering burst-spinning punch: Describing exactly what it does. Shatters Space-Time continuum and creates a spinning explosion of power.

Super Galaxy Mega Cutter: "Super Galaxy Gurren" uses his glasses to cut. Plain, descriptive.

Even other characters: Lordgenome's "Lazengann Overload". Overload= "load with too great a burden or cargo". Once again descriptive.

Same can be said about the Multiversal Labyrinth.

Evidence #2

The description that the current AntiSpiral's profile gives makes no sense whatsoever.

"Create a dream inside of his opponents' heads to make them complete their own dream."

-Once again, the attack was never called a dream by the AntiSpiral but futhermore it can't be them "completing their dream" for many other reasons:

-Simon wasn't "living his dream" AT ALL.

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.21.25 PM

The Kamina in the universe where Simon is first seen is a complete asshole. He makes Simon do all the work and keeps everything for himself (except for giving him a ring out of all the bags of loot). Not the kind of Kamina that Simon would want to dream of.

This Kamina is also a coward. Not the kind of Kamina Simon would ever dream of if this was a so called "dimensional illusion". Simon looked up to his big bro so this makes no sense as a "complete their own dream" scenario.
Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.22.28 PM

And I suppose that Leeron's biggest dream (as the scientific genius he is) is being an electrician, right?…Same could be said for "trigger happy" Attenborough…right?…makes no sense.

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.28.55 PM

Only Yoko and Viral are seen leading a really happy life. But that's just as the AntiSpiral said: infinite possibility…Some characters had a good life, others not so much…We even see one universe where Simon is kissing LEERON…should I suppose that's also his perfect dream too? (what about Nia then?)

Evidence #3

The description the AntiSpiral gives of the Multiversal Labyrinth:

-The universes in the Multiverse were created by their self-recognition.

This is complete valid from a scientific perspective. In the Many-Worlds quantum approach of M-theory (which can be done without a problem as both concepts can operate at the same time)

Each decision we take creates a new universe but we can only percieve one at the time, our wave function switches instantly. Self recognition is required for this to happen. As we are the observers of the event that creates the new universe.

"Observation creates parallel universes

Everything we see moves like either a wave or a particle. This theory of matter duality has been called the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (HUP), which states that the act of observation disturbs quantities like momentum and position.

Everett's Many-Worlds Theory (MWT) holds many ramifications that completely transform our perceptions on life. Any action that has more than one possible result produces a split in the universe. Thus, there are an infinite number of parallel universes and infinite copies of each person.

These copies have identical facial and body features, but do not have identical personalities (one may be aggressive and another may be passive) because each one experiences a separate outcome." (source: http://www.universetoday.com/113900/parallel-universes-and-the-many-worlds-theory/)

This describes the exact situation of our heroes in the anime. They are inside a Multiverse, not a dream.

Evidence #4

-BOOTA

If the Multiversal Labyrinth was just a dream then why it didnt affect Boota when he was an animal?…

Is not a secret that animals can dream, lots of studies show this. So being an animal was not a reason that could keep Boota from entering the Multiverse if it was a "dream" or "mental illusion".

However, as mentioned before, human's self-recognition as a sentient being is what creates all the parallel universes. Animals are not contemplated as quantum observes because they aren't sentient (some animals do have a high degree of intelligence tho). Human "choice" is what creates infinite universes of infinite possibilities.

Also, when Boota does become a human and he enters the Multiverse he's still in the same place where he was at the moment (what a boring dream...), why is that?…Because Boota's only sentient choice was to turn human at that moment, unlike the rest of the humans in the team who had lived a long life creating infinite amounts of universes with their choices, Boota had only made one choice so he was trapped inside the first universe he ever created as a sentient being.

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.41.06 PM
-I've seen this community tries to be accurate, so this time if someone says that the multiverse was a dream all I ask is that he gives proof to support that as well.

Hmm, I don't know the franchise well enough to make a call either way, but if the Anti-Spiral is indeed High 1-C, then that creates a massive contradiction with 3- or 4-Dimensional universal beings being able to fight it. In that case all that they were fighting would logically have been a distant shadow/avatar.

Let's wait for more input by people more knowledgeable than I am about this.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 12.55.38 AM
Last time I also talked about the statement of the Anti-Spiral creating his universe between the 10th and 11th dimension. Someone said that it could be bad translation but I also got the japanese transcription of the word:

µ¼íÕàâ = "Jigen" = dimension

This word can only refer to dimensional space as used in M-theory. Someone told me it made no sense, that it would be like saying "between width and length" but that's not the case because in japanese the word for "dimension" refering to measurements (not the dimensions described in M-theory) is:

Õ»©µ│ò "Sunpō" = dimension

You can go ahead and search in google for 11Õ»©µ│ò (sunpo) and it wont show anything to do with M-theory...However if you search for 11µ¼íÕàâ (jigen) it will direct you to M-theory japanese related results.

Someone also said that it didn't make sense to exist in 10.5 dimensional space but that's not what the statement is saying. It says he created a dimensional space( the 4-D space where he created his pocket universe) "between the 10th and 11th membranes. In other words in an "empty" space, or "dimensionless". When you say a person or an object is between other 2 that doesn't mean that the object in the middle is 0.5 part of the other 2 at the sides, it means there is an empty space between the 2 where you place yourself. Same here, between dimensions there is no space, or time or anything, he created a 4- D dimensional space there to place his universe. He had to be at least a 10th dimensional being to be able to do this, which is confirmed again by the fact that he could easily create a multiverse.

Is for that reason that I previously said he should be placed at "At least 2-A" (if you choose the tier based only on feats) or "1-C" (if you choose the tier based on him as a 10th dimensional being)

Regardless he should be higher than "Low 2-C"

You say you don't know the franchise very well but what you say about him being a "shadow/avatar" is actually correct. He is the manifestation of the conciousness of an entire race. He is an abstract representation of the collective conciousness of other beings. He is not a physical being so he has no problem existing in higher dimensional space or outside it. The other characters were able to fight him because the universe he created (where the fight takes place) is 4-Dimensional.

All right, so what you are saying is that the manifestation/shadow that Gurren Lagann fought was 4-Dimensional/2-C, but its true self was at least 10-dimensional?

However, again, I do not know anything about the franchise, and am too burned out and unfocused to be able to make a good call about this, so let's wait for more input.

Here is what DarkLK (the most respected and knowledgeable member in this site) told me in private:

"This was a mental illusion from the perspectives of the victims. Because only the minds of these creatures had been sent to parallel worlds (their bodies remained in place). It works only on creatures with human-like intelligence. It does not matter whether these universes are real or not (If they are because of the choices it is just a feature of cosmology). The Anti-Spiral does not have control over them.

Location of some dimensional object with respect to multi-dimensional coordinates does not matter. AS is just a being who created the usual (maybe very large) four-dimensional (time and space) universe and he also has some cross-dimensional range. And AS's Big Bang level attack was something impressive even for base TTGL."

This means that we are not going to upgrade the Anti-Spiral. Sorry.

"It does not matter whether these universes are real or not"

If he acknowledges the universes are real parallel words and that they are 4-dimensional then creating an infinite number of them fits this description:

Characters who can instantly create and/or destroy 10^500 to an infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums.

So what am I missing here?...

"And AS's Big Bang level attack was something impressive even for base TTGL."

The Anti-Spiral fights his enemies on their same level, this was said during the fight. The Big
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 7.42.27 AM
Bang level attack was used against them while in TTGL because TTGL was universal. But as the movie shows the Anti-Spiral had power beyond that, he just didn't use it until his enemies reached that level (when they turn into STTGL and he proceeds to turn into Super Granzeboma). His ultimate attack wasn't the "Infinity Big Bang Storm" anyways but the "Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Breaker".
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 7.42.54 AM

Here is what DarkLK says:

"Yes, the Anti-Spiral used its power proportionally. And galaxy crushing and Bang Bang everything that he used before (against far weaker opponents than TTGL). Including multiversal labyrinth.

I have already said that AS does not have authority over the universes of the labyrinth. Even if the universes are created due to choices, it is just a feature of cosmology, not AS's power. The ordinary tree of branching possibilities/timelines/parallel worlds.

The aim of this character was the destruction of all spiral creatures. This would not have been a problem if he were a multiversal reality warper. Information gathering would be unnecessary."

I am not informed about the franchise, but have good reasons to trust his judgement far more than your own. Sorry.

Yeah, last time he also said the thing about it being just an "illusion" an just left without saying or showing anything else to back this statement. That's all I would like him to do, just as I'm showing scenes and dialogue from the source material to back my statements.

DarkLK (the most respected and knowledgeable member in this site)

Everyone in the community is asked to show prove for their statements, I think this should be the case for everyone regardless of the time they have been members.

But I guess is not your fault if you don't know the franchise and sadly no one else is participating so far.

Well, he has done this several times before and is likely tired of it, and in addition does not know the English language very well, which is why he prefers to only debate in Russian. He is the architect of our current tiering system and the Anime Characters Fight wiki. Likely the most respected member of all the international battleboard communities as a whole.

The aim of this character was the destruction of all spiral creatures.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 8.17.08 AM
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 8.17.18 AM
That's not what the anime says. Their goal was to prevent the Spiral Nemesis, they allowed other spiral lifeforms to live as long as they do not evolve too much or exceed an specific number of inhabitants.

This would not have been a problem if he were a multiversal reality warper.

Lordgenome acknowledges that if the Anti-Spiral wanted to he could've wiped them out in an instant. But that's not their method.
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 8.24.25 AM
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 8.24.33 AM

Information gathering would be unnecessary.

The anime never states the Anti-Spiral to be omniscient. He wanted to understand the reason the Spirals kept fighting back despite his efforts to keep them contained.

Basically, if he says that what you are presenting is unreliable, then I definitely take his word over yours, no matter how many walls of text that you use, and I will likely close this discussion soon.

I understand if he doesn't know the English language very well, but that's the more reason he could be wrong about this particular anime. The official releases are in japanese and english. I'm not sure if there's an official russian release, but if he watched the anime in russian it was a fansubbed version...even the english dub sometimes get things wrong, that's why I'm using the original japanese as base.

He usually fact-checks with people who know the original Japanese sources of uncertain passages, and he already stated which parts of your interpretations that are faulty above.

Again, I am afraid that we are not going to do what you want regarding this issue, and that you are going to have to learn to live with it. Sorry.

Here is DarkLK's latest reply regarding the topic:

Higher dimensions was thrice mentioned in the gainax works (Diebuster, TTGL and Pleiades). We thrice have tried to interpret it to get some higher Power Levels. And thrice we are faced with a lack of information and vague Feats. Unfortunately there was nothing new In this topic...

That's not what the anime says. Their goal was to prevent the Spiral Nemesis, they allowed other spiral lifeforms to live as long as they do not evolve too much or exceed an specific number of inhabitants.

NiaAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back