• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another user is leaving. Go figure.

Also, my apologies if I said something that I shouldn't Medeus.

just wanna say hope the op has good luck in future endeavors before I speak on the staff.

Ik I'm fairly new here but tbh the Staff I've interacted with and argued against get so much hate for simply no reason. Maybe it's the verse's I deal with but Mods like Damage and Kingtempest have really set the gold standard on what a mod should do on this wiki. just my two cents ik not all mods are good but keep in mind not everyone is bad either.
KIngTempest is literally a god-tier mod.

This comment will be in two parts.

First, I want to apologize to Gews for having such a hard time here. As Ant said above me, most people join this community as a hobby, and as our interests did overlap, I ended up seeing a lot of you, and I think the way you single-handedly brought Goosebumps into the state it is today is simply breathtaking, not to mention all of the other verses you ended up helping to bring up from obscurity. Between you and Headless, you two managed to take all kinds of horror franchises and helped to index them as great as you possibly could. Thank you so much for everything, Gews. If you ever want to come back, the door is always open for you. And if not, I shall respect you regardless.

Second, while I have never experienced much of the drama associated with terrible staff using their administrative power to clench down on verses with an iron fist, I have heard of this happening constantly, with a few key members being cited time and again for flat-out being bull-headed about different statistics and refusing to give any leeway to other members when they bring up valid points. I remember one incident, which I shall leave names out of for anonymity purposes, but if you were there you know what I'm talking about, where I openly confronted a staff member about them flat-out challenging other people to find proof that their unsupported statistic was incorrect, which as anyone knows, is the exact opposite of what we do here and is a peak fallacy.

Suffice to say, there are problems here, with the members and staff together as a whole. And while it probably could work, a flat-out purge of any offensive members is just plain impractical for us. The best thing to do is to try and work together. All of us in staff needs to reel back and give our common members a fair shake at providing input on various topics, and our members need to stop jumping down our throats whenever things go wrong just because we're staff. As has been stated over and over, trolls and toxicity simply comes with this community as a standard. We all know this. But if we can all come together and try our best to minimize this issue through sheer hard work, not only will we find ourselves in an overall better community, but we can even give some piece of mind to our wonderful bureaucrats, and especially Ant.

I'm honestly extremely sad at all this drama happening with members leaving left and right mostly because they've become super unhappy here, because I know a lot of you people are wonderful in your own ways, and by coming together, I know we can make this place wonderful for everyone involved! But hey, I'm just the mod, or sysop now I guess, who just sits in the corner and makes the small contributions I can here and there. I'm probably not the most important guy to take all this from anyway.

I'm honestly extremely sad at all this drama happening with members leaving left and right mostly because they've become super unhappy here, because I know a lot of you people are wonderful in your own ways, and by coming together, I know we can make this place wonderful for everyone involved!
No one could have said it better then the way you did. Mad Respect!

Too bad you left here. But I agree with you I have been viewing the Wiki since 2018, but because of some members, I even just opened my account. This place used to be more understandable. Take care of yourself

First, I want to apologize to Gews for having such a hard time here. As Ant said above me, most people join this community as a hobby, and as our interests did overlap, I ended up seeing a lot of you, and I think the way you single-handedly brought Goosebumps into the state it is today is simply breathtaking, not to mention all of the other verses you ended up helping to bring up from obscurity. Between you and Headless, you two managed to take all kinds of horror franchises and helped to index them as great as you possibly could. Thank you so much for everything, Gews. If you ever want to come back, the door is always open for you. And if not, I shall respect you regardless.
I feel like I gained back another piece of my soul from reading this.

But seriously, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to type this out. I guess it shows that not everyone here is a ******** (albeit the minority are a lot louder then the majority). If I left a will or something like that, you'd be on there, kinda wish that I got to know you better since you seem like an alright guy on Discord.

Also congrats on getting admin. Did you have to sell your soul to AKM to get it?

Edit: Also surprised that no one has mentioned the Rickroll.

Last edited:
This comment will be in two parts.

Second, while I have never experienced much of the drama associated with terrible staff using their administrative power to clench down on verses with an iron fist, I have heard of this happening constantly, with a few key members being cited time and again for flat-out being bull-headed about different statistics and refusing to give any leeway to other members when they bring up valid points. I remember one incident, which I shall leave names out of for anonymity purposes, but if you were there you know what I'm talking about, where I openly confronted a staff member about them flat-out challenging other people to find proof that their unsupported statistic was incorrect, which as anyone knows, is the exact opposite of what we do here and is a peak fallacy.

Suffice to say, there are problems here, with the members and staff together as a whole. And while it probably could work, a flat-out purge of any offensive members is just plain impractical for us. The best thing to do is to try and work together. All of us in staff needs to reel back and give our common members a fair shake at providing input on various topics, and our members need to stop jumping down our throats whenever things go wrong just because we're staff. As has been stated over and over, trolls and toxicity simply comes with this community as a standard. We all know this. But if we can all come together and try our best to minimize this issue through sheer hard work, not only will we find ourselves in an overall better community, but we can even give some piece of mind to our wonderful bureaucrats, and especially Ant.

I'm honestly extremely sad at all this drama happening with members leaving left and right mostly because they've become super unhappy here, because I know a lot of you people are wonderful in your own ways, and by coming together, I know we can make this place wonderful for everyone involved! But hey, I'm just the mod, or sysop now I guess, who just sits in the corner and makes the small contributions I can here and there. I'm probably not the most important guy to take all this from anyway.
I agree with Starter Pack. Thank you for trying to help out and bring some positivity to the community. I also want this to be a friendly and collaborative place even when the world around us is falling apart, but we all need to make a common effort to make it that way.

At the end of the day, I am just a very hardworking autistic guy who recurrently isn't all that good in the common sense department, and used to be mentally unstable before I came here, so I definitely cannot accomplish it on my own.

Back