• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This version of Pokey is capable of reducing people's offense and defense, Time Travel (Though most likely as a last resort), Has Self Sustenance, (I think?) Status effect inducement ranging from Paralysis and Uncontrollable Crying, and Power Absorption. He scales greatly to 6.02 Megatons and is able to handle himself well against the chosen 4 (besides Ness). He is very vulnerable to Paralysis.

That's all I think this version has.

Agreed, some of the stuff on the profile are a bit out of place.

Also I go by "Quirkyboy" or "Frank", but you can call me by that if you would like.

I thought time travel wasn't in this key. Besides that what's his first move, because akko will most likely start off with transmutation seeing as that is one of her most useful skills

Oh he definitely has it, it's literally what he did to confront and escape from the Chosen 4. As for transmutation, don't think Pokey resist that. However, Pokey can incap her with the move set he has and perhaps even one shot her with sheer AP.

Is the Transmutation thought based? Pokey can kinda simply just induce uncontrollable crying and beat her down due to his like 3x AP advantage.

The spell for transmutation is like two words. It isn't thought based.

Though what uncontrollable crying even do, it really depends. Also whats the range since it's SBA And all

Due to SBA they are like 4 kilometers away if I'm remembering correctly so I don't think it'll reach. Also how does the spell work, is it thought based or?

Rather sure, yes.

Also her range seems to be less than his, so I'm rather sure he'd be able to get his skills off first after closing the appropriate distance.

Actually I think Akko could pull it off before he could use his skill. In [this clip] she dosen't use the chant so I think she can just like do it you know

I wasn't arguing outright faster activation (I.E. thought based v word based). Pokey gets in-range first and activates his ability first.

Akko would get in range first, mainly because she can fly. She would kinda just fly over and Transmute him unless he uses that skill before she can. But in the clip I sent it showed she can just shoot it and Transmute people without saying anything at all.

What are you talking about though? She wouldn't remotely be in range first.

"Also her range seems to be less than his, so I'm rather sure he'd be able to get his skills off first after closing the appropriate distance. "

And why are you bringing that up? I just said I wasn't arguing that.

It isn't specified in the game that Pokey can use PSI. I think we can assume that the mech (After all, he is referred to as "Heavily Armed Pokey") is doing all the work for him. However, I could consider his status effect inducement as PSI.

Speaking of, I've discovered (after loading up my 3DS) that Pokey in this key does not utilizes any Status effects. He usually (in my cases) spams the living heck out of Statistics Reduction and Stabbing the characters. Meeaaaaaaning this is probably a stomp unless the OP changes to Mother 3 Pokey. Because Mother 2 Pokey lacks hax besides time traveling (which is OOC).

Maaaaaaaan this profile is jacked up as heck, my apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm rather sure he wouldn't just sit there and do nothing while she's flying towards him. Rapidly lowering her statistics while she does it is fine, but he's four kilometers away, he won't be stabbing anything. "Porky did something" is bound to happen considering range.

He has the AP advantage and statistics reduction though. Maybe in wrong idk.

Guess I'll change it and make the range closer

That means nothing, Pokey can't even reach her if she's flying around etc etc.

Mother 3 Pokey...

Yeah, this version abuses Status effect inducement, Bomb, Energy Projectile, Statistics Reduction, PSI Shield (if we assume PSI = Magic), Life Absorption, etc. Top it all with even more AP due to contending and actually managing well with Lucas and co. If all goes badly, he would bust out the absolutely safe capsule to force this matchup into a Inconclusive verdict. not even PSI or Physical attacks can affect him

Since they are like a lot closer it kinda depends on what Pokey will do first. Also will Transmute him into a fish or something, and she dosen't have to say the spell to do it. She can just do it automatically. Though this pokey has more options so will he lead with the same thing. I forgot if I got an answer but is pokeys stuff thought based

Like I said, most of his attacks are rather vague either implying some are the machines own doing or that Pokey legit learned PSI and is able to use it with proficiency. So for some, like "Pokey coughed up something", would most likely be the machines own doing, the others could be PSI as a few of his move sets have the same affect as other PSI abilities.

I'm leaning towards him doing it first. You'd have to prove she more consistently does these things in a thought-based manor than word based, and the 50/50 of her activating it makes it far more plausible for Pokey to actually have a higher chance of getting it off first.

And it is practically thought-based iirc. He spams uncontrollable crying, etc, and things that make hax miss. Leaning towards Pokey, still.

I'm leaning towards Akko. In the clip I showed she used the transmutation spell not just once but mutiple times without chanting the spell for it even once. It was like a continuous thing. If what he does is kind of vague then I think akko could switcheroo him into a fish or something.

Rewatched the clip and her transmutation and magics seem to be via magic blasts and balls of energy. The monster had to EAT the magic ball in order to be transmuted. Her conjuring those via thought and throwing them is not remotely going off before Pokey's PSI abilities and such.

Back